homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Your News!   » Jef Raskin R.I.P

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Jef Raskin R.I.P
GMx

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 1523

Member Rated:
Icon 9 posted February 27, 2005 15:28      Profile for GMx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jef Raskin has died of cancer at age 61. He was one of the first Apple employees (no. 31) and was author of "The Humane Interface". More info
Posts: 5844 | From: S-4, Area 51 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
sumnchai
Geek Apprentice
Member # 3262

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 27, 2005 15:52      Profile for sumnchai     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's too bad. While he was a strange bird at times, he's responsible for a lot of what we use today. It's unfortunate that he left Apple.

--------------------
[img]http://www.sloganizer.net/en/style3,Anal-spc-Orgies.png[/img]

My Photos

Posts: 47 | From: Amherst, MA | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged
macmcseboy

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 1232

Member Rated:
Icon 9 posted February 28, 2005 01:28      Profile for macmcseboy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This makes me very sad... I had the oportunity to meet this fellow along with With Woz... he was part of the panel i attendend at Con Jose... He really was a very kind and extremely intelligent person... I enjoyed my coverstion with him that day... Yes I am truly sad as I believed he had more to offer tot he industry. he was defintely an insanely great pioneer of the industry... [weep]

--------------------
Live long and prosper.

Posts: 1139 | From: Victoria BC... | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Serenak

Member # 2950

Member Rated:
Icon 9 posted February 28, 2005 02:44      Profile for Serenak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bummer...

He was a visionary and although he has said some quite nasty things about the Mac and Apple, he was always striving to formulate a Better Way(TM).

I think he could sometimes come across as "up himself" because of his commitment to his belief that we are only just starting out on the road that interacting with computers will take us down...

A great loss... [cry baby]

--------------------
"So if you want my address - it's No. 1 at the end of the bar, where I sit with the broken angels, clutching at straws and nursing my scars..."

Posts: 1936 | From: Suffolk England | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture