homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Your News!   » Star Wars EP III spoilers

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Star Wars EP III spoilers
macmcseboy

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 1232

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 24, 2005 23:03      Profile for macmcseboy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Clicke on the link to be spoiled... I do mean spoiled..

http://www.lewed.net/ep3/index.html

--------------------
Live long and prosper.

Posts: 1139 | From: Victoria BC... | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 11 posted February 24, 2005 23:23      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I got as far as Count Dooku and had to stop... I can't look! Must maintain EPIII virginity!

George must be pissed!

Posts: 8100 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Xanthine

Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 24, 2005 23:31      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
/me is spoiled.

--------------------
And it's one, two, three / On the wrong side of the lee / What were you meant for? / What were you meant for?
- The Decemberists

Posts: 7670 | From: the lab | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Grey_girl

Member # 2172

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 25, 2005 07:37      Profile for Grey_girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, I'm beyond spoiled. [Big Grin]
Posts: 764 | From: NYC | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
merr
Geek
Member # 2193

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 25, 2005 08:49      Profile for merr   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
AHHH!!! I nearly had to claw my eyes out to stop myself from reading it. But, I regained control and came to my senses. I've made the mistake of over-spoiling myself in the past. I cannot and will not let that happen again.

--------------------
"I wish they made a vending machine that sold vending machines... it would have to be real f*cking big!" -Mitch Hedberg

Posts: 179 | From: Ann Arbor, MI | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 25, 2005 13:45      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
<spoiler>
-----------------------------------------
-------------here it comes -------------
------------ don't look -----------------
------------ if you don't want ----------
------------ to be spoiled --------------

Annakin goes over to the Dark Side
</spoiler>

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10669 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
garlicguy

Member # 3166

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 25, 2005 16:11      Profile for garlicguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Famous Druid:
<spoiler>

Annakin goes over to the Dark Side
</spoiler>

[Eek!] Oh Shhhttinnnk! Really? [shake head]

--------------------
I don't know what I was thinking... it seemed like a good idea at the time.

Posts: 3752 | From: Pluto, no matter what you call it, is still my home. | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
HalfVast

Member # 3187

Icon 2 posted February 25, 2005 16:26      Profile for HalfVast     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Shoot, now I'll have to see it... I was so enthused with Episode I that I didn't see Episode II. Somebody stick a fork in Lucas. Methinks he is done
Posts: 795 | From: In the mitten around the abductor pollicis brevis. | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged
csk

Member # 1941

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 25, 2005 16:58      Profile for csk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
<spoiler>

I was even more surprised to find out that Jar-Jar is actually Anakin's father.
</spoiler>

--------------------
6 weeks to go!

Posts: 4455 | From: Sydney, Australia | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Serenak

Member # 2950

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 25, 2005 17:26      Profile for Serenak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When it is golden brown it is cooked...

When it turns black it is b*gg*r*d...

(Old English proverb/folk saying)

[Razz]

--------------------
"So if you want my address - it's No. 1 at the end of the bar, where I sit with the broken angels, clutching at straws and nursing my scars..."

Posts: 1936 | From: Suffolk England | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
jordanv
Assimilated
Member # 3189

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 25, 2005 17:35      Profile for jordanv     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
<spoiler>

George Lucas ran out of ideas.

</spoiler>

Posts: 364 | From: a house (in Sydney) | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged
Tech Angel
Alpha Geek
Member # 908

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 25, 2005 20:25      Profile for Tech Angel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK, so I am now officially spoiled... and largely unimpressed... and somewhat disappointed. But hey, don't judge a movie by its spoiler, isn't that what they say?

--------------------
We must be the change we want to see in the world. -Mahatma Ghandi

Posts: 330 | From: the Great State of Confusion | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged
ewomack
Highlie
Member # 3225

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 27, 2005 17:19      Profile for ewomack   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is there really any way to spoil that movie? Judging by the first two (and especially the second) my expectations are pretty low...

Still, it was fun to read the page...

How did someone get a hold of that footage?

--------------------
Ed Womack
Get Milked

GMx

Member # 1523

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 27, 2005 19:19      Profile for GMx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
it really doesn't give up a lot of the details between what it shows. Besides, the enjoyment of it is watching the story acted out on the big screen. Makes me want to see it.
Posts: 5844 | From: S-4, Area 51 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
TMBWITW,PB

Member # 1734

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 27, 2005 21:55      Profile for TMBWITW,PB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The spoiler doesn't really get me all that excited about Episode III. Assuming it's all correct, it's only showing the action and exciting bits. You could make the movie of those parts about 45 minutes long. The other hour and a half of movie is likely to be long, dull speeches, Anakin whining, and badly written plot development.

But I'm still going to see it...

/Lucas whore

--------------------
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye."
—Miss Piggy

Posts: 4010 | From: my couch | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
fbernard
Maximum Newbie
Member # 3555

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted March 07, 2005 11:44      Profile for fbernard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by jordanv:
<spoiler>

George Lucas ran out of ideas.

</spoiler>

But we're geeks...so we'll watch it

--------------------
www.mygeekyplace.com

Destiny Eternity
Newbie Larva
Member # 3690

Rate Member
Icon 6 posted March 11, 2005 10:53      Profile for Destiny Eternity     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well, I didn't look at the spoiler, but wanted to see the reaction from those who did. So far, I remain unspoiled and can only conclude this is a great finale to the saga or a pile of flaming dookie from Lucas.
Posts: 6 | From: Straight outta Section 1 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged
TMBWITW,PB

Member # 1734

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 20, 2005 17:51      Profile for TMBWITW,PB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
At the risk of necroposting, are any of the UK geeks signed up to attend this? [crazy]

--------------------
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye."
—Miss Piggy

Posts: 4010 | From: my couch | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
fanboy_uk

Member # 2132

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 20, 2005 23:08      Profile for fanboy_uk   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tickets for the Star Wars Marathon go on sale next week.
However, they are showing the movies in the order that they were made culminating with the new one.

I think I'll wait to see if any local theatres actually show them in chronological order.
I remember when Jedi came out that they did this not long after.

What is more exciting in the short term is this weekend we see the TV network premier of LotR:FotR. I don't know if they are showing the extended cut but it is on a commercial channel so that's most of a day gone. [Smile]

--------------------
A woman walked into a cocktail bar, took one look at the drinks menu and asked the barman for a Double Entendré.
So he gave her one

Posts: 161 | From: Brighton, UK (50.8389, -00.1876) | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
Swiss Mercenary

Member # 330

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 21, 2005 06:32      Profile for Swiss Mercenary     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Star Wars III, not at the moment, not since the Greatest Adventure in the Galaxy is about to open in a week.

--------------------
Evil AI at work.
I am Swiss of Borg. Holes are irrelevant, cheese will be assimilated!

Posts: 2275 | From: All the way from the land of Chocolate, Cheese and Cuckoo Clocks. | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Dorkimus Prime
Maximum Newbie
Member # 3850

Icon 1 posted April 23, 2005 21:54      Profile for Dorkimus Prime     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is marvin in the movie
Posts: 12 | From: Right Behind You | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 23, 2005 22:55      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Dorkimus Prime:
Is marvin in the movie

Marvin?
In Star Wars?

<Marvin-voice>
I feel a terrible disturbance in all the force down my left side.....

The Force? Don't talk to me about The Force ....

Here I am, brain the size of a Death Star......
</Marvin-voice>

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10669 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture