homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Your News!   » Werid Ebay Item

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Werid Ebay Item
Luke Skywalker
Assimilated
Member # 3096

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 24, 2005 13:45      Profile for Luke Skywalker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=2312&item=6370006415&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

A cartoon shaped piece of shrimp

--------------------
Use the Force, Luke.

Posts: 406 | From: The Line Between Time and Space | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
Cap'n Vic

Member # 1477

Icon 1 posted February 24, 2005 14:04      Profile for Cap'n Vic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Goldenpalace.com

--------------------
(!) (T) = 8-D

Posts: 5471 | From: One of the drones from sector 7G | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
Serenak

Member # 2950

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 24, 2005 14:24      Profile for Serenak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ha ha ha....

Nearly as weird as those "I saw Jesus/Mary/Mother Theresa's face in a bun/bagel/potato/tree stump stories - only funnier as it is so rubbish - and the seller actually thinks they can sell it for real $ (well maybe they can, there are plenty of weirdos out there I guess...)

Dial for the Vatican miracle police... NOW! Yes they *are* real, it's their job to check out stories of the miraculous and decide if they are *real* miracles or just "amazing phenomena"

[Wink]

EDIT: For a (weak) example.... If TFD and Mrs were of the Roman Catholic persuasion and felt the Big Guy had sent them a special sign or miracle regards their pearl (and their priest supported them in that claim and his Cardinal, etc.) then the Miracle Police would be called into play...

--------------------
"So if you want my address - it's No. 1 at the end of the bar, where I sit with the broken angels, clutching at straws and nursing my scars..."

Posts: 1937 | From: Suffolk England | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
littlefish
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 966

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 24, 2005 15:39      Profile for littlefish   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Be careful not to burninate it on cooking.
Posts: 2421 | From: That London | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
drunkennewfiemidget
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 24, 2005 16:58      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Someone's actually bidding $36USD thus far on it. [Eek!]
Posts: 4897 | From: Cambridge, ON, Canada | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
garlicguy

Member # 3166

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 24, 2005 17:18      Profile for garlicguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah. Money's no object when you're nuts.

--------------------
I don't know what I was thinking... it seemed like a good idea at the time.

Posts: 3752 | From: Pluto, no matter what you call it, is still my home. | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
Paranoid Android
Single Celled Newbie
Member # 3520

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted February 24, 2005 17:26      Profile for Paranoid Android     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Craziest thing I've ever seen on eBay. 40 bucks for a flipping shrimp in an s shape.

--------------------
"Time is an illusion, lunchtime doubly so."

ewomack
Highlie
Member # 3225

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 24, 2005 20:07      Profile for ewomack   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How could anyone parody this? This is a walking, breathing, shouting self-parody.

Is Homestar runner really that popular?

--------------------
Ed Womack
Get Milked

Xanthine

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 24, 2005 21:43      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There's a couple dudes who are friends with one of my coworkers. Everyday they come back to our end of the lab to eat their lunch and read StrongBad e-mails. Even when my co-worker is not around. So yeah, it's popular...among geeky grad students that is.

--------------------
And it's one, two, three / On the wrong side of the lee / What were you meant for? / What were you meant for?
- The Decemberists

Posts: 7670 | From: the lab | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
fanboy_uk

Member # 2132

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 25, 2005 06:10      Profile for fanboy_uk   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
and it's had 28 bids.

Hmmm one thinks that one will pop down to the store, buy some shrimp, and fry up one in the shape of Bush.

I rekkin I can git hunnerds o' dollars fer that.

--------------------
A woman walked into a cocktail bar, took one look at the drinks menu and asked the barman for a Double Entendré.
So he gave her one

Posts: 161 | From: Brighton, UK (50.8389, -00.1876) | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
MTB Babe
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2297

Member Rated:
Icon 11 posted February 25, 2005 10:22      Profile for MTB Babe   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow the bid is up to 38$!!! I'm sure I could somehow figure out how to fry shrimp into crazy shapes...why am I working in an office??

--------------------
Samir: No one in this country can ever pronounce my name right. It's not that hard: Na-ee-ana-jaad. Nayanajaad.
Michael Bolton: Yeah, well at least your name isn't Michael Bolton.

Posts: 1003 | From: State College, PA, USA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
drunkennewfiemidget
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 25, 2005 12:14      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MTB Babe:
Wow the bid is up to 38$!!! I'm sure I could somehow figure out how to fry shrimp into crazy shapes...why am I working in an office??

That's what I was thinking.

*ponders a trip to M&M Meats*

Posts: 4897 | From: Cambridge, ON, Canada | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture