homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Your News!   » Xanthine

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Xanthine
Aditu
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2340

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 21, 2005 09:23      Profile for Aditu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Has anyone heard if Xanthine has gotten up to her sister's okay? I was just wondering how things are going.
Posts: 1355 | From: Osten Ard | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 3 posted February 21, 2005 10:43      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Things are looking cautiously good, Xanthine posted an update here...

http://www.geekculture.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=15;t=002192;p=3#000062

Posts: 8111 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Xanthine

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 21, 2005 11:49      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Whoa...seeing my handle as a topic sure made me blink...

I've been posting updates to the thread entitiled "bugger". I think Snaggy about summed things up. Slowly but surely she's getting better, and so far there's no plan for further treatment. As soon as I hear I'll let y'all know when her stomach tube comes out and she can go home.

Thanks for the concern. It's not misplaced - my sis is a wonderful person. Everyone who meets her likes her.

--------------------
And it's one, two, three / On the wrong side of the lee / What were you meant for? / What were you meant for?
- The Decemberists

Posts: 7670 | From: the lab | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
MTB Babe
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2297

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted February 21, 2005 12:44      Profile for MTB Babe   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thats awesome to hear!! I'm glad she's doing better!!

--------------------
Samir: No one in this country can ever pronounce my name right. It's not that hard: Na-ee-ana-jaad. Nayanajaad.
Michael Bolton: Yeah, well at least your name isn't Michael Bolton.

Posts: 1003 | From: State College, PA, USA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 21, 2005 13:53      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Xanthine:
Thanks for the concern. It's not misplaced - my sis is a wonderful person. Everyone who meets her likes her.

No doubt about it. She's an awesome person. [Smile]

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9332 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
TheMoMan
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 21, 2005 16:40      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Xanthine_______Well this crusty old man wishs you and your sister alls well, and may all of thines be prosperous and healthy.

--------------------
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Benjamin Franklin,

Posts: 5848 | From: Just South of the Huron National Forest, in the water shed of the Rifle River | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
Aditu
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2340

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 21, 2005 18:36      Profile for Aditu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Glad to hear it. Must have missed it in Bugger. Hugs
Posts: 1355 | From: Osten Ard | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
Twinkle Toes
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 1208

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 21, 2005 20:44      Profile for Twinkle Toes   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm happy your sis is improving much, Xan... You guys definitely have the Tough Chick Gene. [thumbsup]

BTW, how was your trip to Washington? Unless I'm mistaken, you flew in on our hail-and-snow day. I'm sure your family assured you that that hasn't been apart of our regular weather schedule.

--------------------
Mmmmrreow!

Posts: 1617 | From: a membrane near you! | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Xanthine

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 21, 2005 21:51      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It was chilly for Seattle and brilliantly sunny while I was there (Monday morning through Thursday morning).

Still no word on that bloody NG tube.

My sis got all the tough chick genes in the family.

--------------------
And it's one, two, three / On the wrong side of the lee / What were you meant for? / What were you meant for?
- The Decemberists

Posts: 7670 | From: the lab | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
drunkennewfiemidget
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 22, 2005 05:43      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's good to hear Xanthsis came out of it OK, and things are getting better. [thumbsup]
Posts: 4897 | From: Cambridge, ON, Canada | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
Black Widow
Uber Geek
Member # 3046

Icon 1 posted February 22, 2005 06:19      Profile for Black Widow     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by drunkennewfiemidget:
It's good to hear Xanthsis came out of it OK, and things are getting better. [thumbsup]

I think it is 'Sisthine'.

And yes, I hope she is recovering well. She is still in my prayers.

Posts: 931 | From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged
csk

Member # 1941

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 22, 2005 06:31      Profile for csk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What about Xanthinesis, that sounds kinda cool too [Wink]

On a more serious note, I hope and pray things continue to go on the up and up for her.

--------------------
6 weeks to go!

Posts: 4455 | From: Sydney, Australia | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Doco

SuperFan!
Member # 371

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 22, 2005 06:57      Profile for Doco   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Xanthine:

My sis got all the tough chick genes in the family.

This coming from the girl who tells us about climbing and bouncing off of big rocks. Jeepers - I can't imagine what SisXanthine is like then. She must be made of some really "tough stuff". [Smile]

Good luck and prayers for you, Sis, and the whole family Xanthine!

Posts: 419 | From: Minneapolis, MN | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
drunkennewfiemidget
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 22, 2005 08:39      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Black Widow:
quote:

I think it is 'Sisthine'.

And yes, I hope she is recovering well. She is still in my prayers.

As you may or may not have noticed in previous threads, I intentionally screw up everyone's nickname... I'm easily amused.

Is that OK, praying mantis? [Wink]

Posts: 4897 | From: Cambridge, ON, Canada | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
Black Widow
Uber Geek
Member # 3046

Icon 1 posted February 22, 2005 08:46      Profile for Black Widow     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
As you may or may not have noticed in previous threads, I intentionally screw up everyone's nickname... I'm easily amused.

Is that OK, praying mantis? [Wink]

Sure, soberbraziliangiant! [Wink] [Razz]
Posts: 931 | From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged
Cap'n Vic

Member # 1477

Icon 1 posted February 22, 2005 08:55      Profile for Cap'n Vic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good one 'white wife'

--------------------
(!) (T) = 8-D

Posts: 5471 | From: One of the drones from sector 7G | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
Doco

SuperFan!
Member # 371

Member Rated:
Icon 12 posted February 22, 2005 10:03      Profile for Doco   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not bad cabin-boy-loser.

Vic = victorious so the opposite is... nudge-nudge get it - right?

Oh never mind. [Roll Eyes]

Posts: 419 | From: Minneapolis, MN | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture