homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Your News!   » Zoo Tiger Bites Idiot

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Zoo Tiger Bites Idiot
DoctorWho

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 392

Member Rated:
Icon 2 posted January 27, 2005 14:47      Profile for DoctorWho     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This guy is either an imbecile or a liar. I personally think he must be a liar and is looking to try to sue the zoo. If the tiger had really bit him, I don't think he'd have had his hand left let alone just what amounts to a cut on the finger. I almost wish I could be the judge for this case, so I could fine the guy for any mental trauma he might have caused to the tiger.

--------------------
Laughter is like changing a baby's diapers. It doesn't solve anything but it sure improves the situation. Leo F. Buscaglia

Posts: 1694 | From: The TARDIS | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
csk

Member # 1941

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 27, 2005 16:19      Profile for csk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmm, I'm going for "this guy's an asshat" on this one. Surely we're not going to have to put up signs saying "Please don't put your hand into the cage, or the tiger might bite it off". People aren't really that stupid, are they?

--------------------
6 weeks to go!

Posts: 4455 | From: Sydney, Australia | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
GMx

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 1523

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 27, 2005 17:13      Profile for GMx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by csk:
People aren't really that stupid, are they?

Yes, they are.
Posts: 5843 | From: S-4, Area 51 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
Serenak

Member # 2950

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 27, 2005 17:17      Profile for Serenak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes people *are that stupid

although you might consider this guy *just unlucky"

croc bites off showman's arm

Not suitable for the squeamish...

[Eek!]

--------------------
"So if you want my address - it's No. 1 at the end of the bar, where I sit with the broken angels, clutching at straws and nursing my scars..."

Posts: 1934 | From: Suffolk England | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 27, 2005 17:38      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Reminds me of a trip to the zoo a few years ago.

While most of the perimiter of the tiger enclosure is simple chain-link, those parts that adjoin the paths also have big slabs of plexiglass to prevent fingers getting eaten.

Some fscking Einstein fought his way through several metres of thick garden to get at a section of unprotected chainlink, and not only put his fingers through the fence, but held his small child up to the fence for a better look.

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10661 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
ewomack
Highlie
Member # 3225

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 27, 2005 19:59      Profile for ewomack   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My favorite local news story involved a 10-year old boy who was in a boat on a lake. He caressed the water with his hand and a BIG muskey surfaced and bit him HARD! The town formed a search party to find the muskey. They trolled the lake and everything searching for the "bad fish". I still haven't stopped laughing.

"We'll show that fish! Don't mess with us humans! We're higher beings!! GUSH!!!"

--------------------
Ed Womack
Get Milked

Raging Dragon
Geek-in-Training
Member # 2812

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted January 28, 2005 00:06      Profile for Raging Dragon   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I really like this part of the article:

quote:
In order to reach the tiger, the man had to climb a 42-inch barrier fence and walk a few feet to get to a 12-foot chain-link exhibit fence.

--------------------
There is nothing like what I have become.

Posts: 35 | From: Victoria BC | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
Oz, the Wizard of
Highlie
Member # 1454

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 28, 2005 00:42      Profile for Oz, the Wizard of   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Something like that happened twice in Alaska, regarding a polar bear named Binky.

Being Alaskans, however, we pretty much just laughed at the people who got themselves injured.

--------------------
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain!

Posts: 707 | From: The Emerald City | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
greycat

Member # 945

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 28, 2005 05:50      Profile for greycat   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
"When there is a bite by an animal other than a dog, cat or ferret, there are two options: test the animal (for rabies) or have the person take rabies shots," he said.
I vote for the latter. And yes, I know where rabies shots are administered.

quote:
Rabies can be confirmed only in a laboratory, using brain tissue from a dead animal, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, so an animal must be killed before it can be tested.
That would be pointless and stupid. Don't punish the tiger for the crimes of the human. Punish the human.
Posts: 1522 | From: Ohio, USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
drunkennewfiemidget
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 28, 2005 06:47      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Shoot this guy in the head and call it "Darwin's theory."

Next.

Posts: 4897 | From: Cambridge, ON, Canada | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
CommanderShroom
Member # 2097

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 28, 2005 07:56      Profile for CommanderShroom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe we should start a sign campaign. Little "do not touch" signs. We can put them on wild snakes, dogs, and any other animal with teeth. That way no one can be hurt by inadvertantly touching a dangerous animal, a bear for example. [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
Does he know our big secret?
Has one of us confessed?
'Bout the wires circuits and motors
Buried in our chest

Posts: 2459 | From: Utarrrrggggghhh!!!!!!!! | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
Rhonwyyn

Solid Gold SuperFan!
Member # 2854

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 28, 2005 09:37      Profile for Rhonwyyn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, good idea! Kinda along the lines of "Here's your sign"? One problem, though... someone would have to affix all of those signs, necessitating contact with the animal. Would they live to tell about it? Or would we need a huge supply of people (one per animal)? Maybe we could get the idiots to place the signs!
Posts: 3849 | From: Lancaster, PA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged
CommanderShroom
Member # 2097

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 28, 2005 09:45      Profile for CommanderShroom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We should get volunteers. I think that guy from the tiger article should affix signs to copperheads personally. [evil]

--------------------
Does he know our big secret?
Has one of us confessed?
'Bout the wires circuits and motors
Buried in our chest

Posts: 2459 | From: Utarrrrggggghhh!!!!!!!! | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
sosumi
Uber Geek
Member # 1106

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 28, 2005 17:45      Profile for sosumi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like this story - man escapes avalanche

hic! [crazy]

I think that guy in the tiger story should get the rabies shots anyway, just before he's neutered.

Posts: 845 | From: Boston | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
Luke Skywalker
Assimilated
Member # 3096

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 28, 2005 18:10      Profile for Luke Skywalker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by CommanderShroom:
We should get volunteers. I think that guy from the tiger article should affix signs to copperheads personally. [evil]

I second that!

--------------------
Use the Force, Luke.

Posts: 406 | From: The Line Between Time and Space | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture