homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Your News!   » i'm dreaming of a sunny christmas..

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: i'm dreaming of a sunny christmas..
bull3t
Assimilated
Member # 852

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 20, 2004 10:37      Profile for bull3t     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
just like the ones i used to know...
[Happytears]

haha i'm not used to this damn snow and frost!

i wanted to drop off a generic, non offensive (like thats possible from me) 'happy holidays' greeting for all of you! i'm not christian but i kind of celebrate christmas.. so merry christmas! kwanzaas comin up next, right? [Big Grin]

anyway, heres to safe, fun, memorable holidays everyone! see you in 2005! w00000t

love, jeremy aka bull3t

--------------------
GC's Mosthated.
"I donít care if people hate my guts; I assume most of them do. The important question is whether they are in a position to do anything about it."
-William S Burroughs

Posts: 435 | From: Ogden, UT | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
bull3t
Assimilated
Member # 852

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 20, 2004 10:40      Profile for bull3t     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
wow look at my member rating! i wonder where everyone gets the idea that i'm some kind of asshole... [Big Grin]

--------------------
GC's Mosthated.
"I donít care if people hate my guts; I assume most of them do. The important question is whether they are in a position to do anything about it."
-William S Burroughs

bull3t
Assimilated
Member # 852

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 20, 2004 10:42      Profile for bull3t     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
oh yeah... FS, if you're out there.. i love you girl! we haven't talked in so long! i wonder how your doing. PS, we have to talk sometime [Big Grin]

and to cap'n vic, my long running arch nemesis (haha) hows it goin, vic? good, i hope. take care, don't get too many presents on xmas [Big Grin]

--------------------
GC's Mosthated.
-William S Burroughs

Cap'n Vic

Member # 1477

Icon 1 posted December 20, 2004 14:05      Profile for Cap'n Vic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You can always turn your ratings off like I did, I got to 69* votes (which I think has got to be a record) and had slipped to 3 stars, so I figured it was high time to turn the stars off.

*My fav number [Wink]

--------------------
(!) (T) = 8-D

Posts: 5471 | From: One of the drones from sector 7G | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 20, 2004 14:51      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmm...I've got 68 votes right now...

/me waits a little...

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9331 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
HaloNine
Geek Larva
Member # 3138

Icon 10 posted December 20, 2004 15:42      Profile for HaloNine         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Happy Holidays to you too, whomever you are! I thought I was a person that celebrated Christmas for a while. I mean I do kinda....only I don't go all out with the decorations. Actually........I haven't even put up a tree. Or lights. And I haven't done any Christmas shopping. Hmmmm....maybe I don't celebrate Christmas. Nevermind. [Smile]
Posts: 27 | From: New Jersey | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
Rhonwyyn

Solid Gold SuperFan!
Member # 2854

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 20, 2004 15:48      Profile for Rhonwyyn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe I should have posted this in the weather topic so popular today (20 Dec.), but I found it rather ironic that the quote on my Dove Promises "gift-wrapped" dark chocolate read "Feel the promise of a warm day."

Winner for longest one-sentence post?

--------------------
Change the way you SEE, not the way you LOOK!

Posts: 3849 | From: Lancaster, PA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged
TMBWITW,PB

Member # 1734

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 20, 2004 16:23      Profile for TMBWITW,PB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm definitely enjoying Christmas. Today I got my Christmas present from Josh. I got a 1 hour massage, a facial, a manicure and a pedicure. I'm feeling wonderful. [Big Grin]

--------------------
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye."
óMiss Piggy

Posts: 4010 | From: my couch | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Rhonwyyn

Solid Gold SuperFan!
Member # 2854

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 20, 2004 16:48      Profile for Rhonwyyn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmm... Christmas present for you or Christmas present for Josh? [Wink]

I got my first pedicure two weeks ago. It's amazing how attractive feet can look with a little bit of pretty polish! :demure:

--------------------

ooby
Highlie
Member # 2603

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 20, 2004 17:38      Profile for ooby     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm a little bit Polish.

--------------------
"haven't you ever wondered if there's more to life than being really, really, rediculously good looking?"

Posts: 680 | From: South Jersey | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Serenak

Member # 2950

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted December 20, 2004 17:51      Profile for Serenak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Happy (non denominational) solstice festivities to one and all

"be not sh***y to each other..."

P.S. massages just send me to sleep... [Smile]

--------------------
"So if you want my address - it's No. 1 at the end of the bar, where I sit with the broken angels, clutching at straws and nursing my scars..."

Posts: 1936 | From: Suffolk England | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Rhonwyyn

Solid Gold SuperFan!
Member # 2854

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 20, 2004 19:36      Profile for Rhonwyyn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ooby:
I'm a little bit Polish.

Ahh, but the real question is "Are you pretty?"!

--------------------

Mac D
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 2926

Icon 1 posted December 20, 2004 20:15      Profile for Mac D     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Since we are going to a million and one places for the holidays we decided to celebrate our x-mas for just the family. My wife went nuts with her iTunes gift card.

The oldest was playing with Monpoly Party and the youngest got blocks that he started throwing around right away. I dodged most of them.

/goes to get asprin

--------------------
There's nothing wrong with me, This is how I'm supposed to be.

Posts: 1449 | From: Where I am is very relative to my location at that time. | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Twinkle Toes
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 1208

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 21, 2004 00:56      Profile for Twinkle Toes   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We don't celebrate Christmas the way other people do. My mom and I will be toasting at midnight on Christmas Eve to the birth of Jesus. There won't be any presents to open nor will there be any decorations to take down in the following week.

I only gave out one present this year: a pair of socks to my good friend, Lauren. I hadn't planned on getting her anything, but I saw these neat socks with Westies - the breed of her dog, Winnie - on them and thought of how much she loves her dog and how she needs a pair of cozy socks for when she goes snowboarding. I also wanted to get her something so she would remember me, since I won't be going to the H.S. anymore (I'm doing full-time Running Start*).

Anyway, I was going to say that the only presents I typically give are to those on the Giving Trees, or whatever you call them... those fake trees in the mall with the little tags on 'em. I know what it's like to be in that situation (I was going to say "shoes" but then I thought of those who asked for a pair [Frown] ).

Mac D: Be careful with that Aspirin. It's just been proven that Aleve can increase the risk of heart attacks and strokes by 50%, and they're investigating this effect with other anti-inflammatory drugs.

*A state-funded program that allows me to accrue college credit and H.S. credit simultaneously through a Community College. I will be persuing my AA degree beginning January 3rd.

Posts: 1617 | From: a membrane near you! | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
iGottaMac
Maximum Newbie
Member # 3151

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 21, 2004 01:51      Profile for iGottaMac   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Meh... Christmas sucks, I think next year I am going to become Scrooge or the Grinch (although green isn't my colour)... it's just far to expensive to buy presents. Although I don't mind people buying them for me!

--------------------
Visit Small Apple and help support a growing Mac community!

Posts: 15 | From: UK | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
Swiss Mercenary

Member # 330

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 21, 2004 02:54      Profile for Swiss Mercenary     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Parents, brother and sister-in-law in the Cameroon.
So I am alone at Christmas, ah well, time to go to SpiderWeb Software and download some games.

--------------------
Evil AI at work.
I am Swiss of Borg. Holes are irrelevant, cheese will be assimilated!

Posts: 2275 | From: All the way from the land of Chocolate, Cheese and Cuckoo Clocks. | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
drunkennewfiemidget
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 21, 2004 06:29      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My parents are pretty family oriented, so the agreement amongst my family is no matter where me or my sister end up, we come home for Christmas until we have our own families. Thus far, neither of us do, so I'll be driving home to Kitchener Christmas Eve after work (yes, you read that right. [Mad] ), and getting to my parent's in the late evening. Christmas day will be a steretypical present opening event. My parents live WAY within their means, so Christmas is a time where they go all out. I live beyond my means and then some, but still scrape together the cash to go pretty crazy about Christmas myself.

I usually only buy for my mom, dad, sister, significant other, (and in this case, my significant other's son).

I have $9 to my name, but my Christmas shopping has been done for some time now.

I look forward to Christmas this year mostly because of the week off from work where I can veg and do nothing.

Posts: 4897 | From: Cambridge, ON, Canada | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
Swiss Mercenary

Member # 330

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 21, 2004 07:36      Profile for Swiss Mercenary     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by drunkennewfiemidget:
so I'll be driving home to Kitchener Christmas Eve after work (yes, you read that right. [Mad] ), and getting to my parent's in the late evening.

If it is anything like the last, and only time, I was in Kitchener I pity you.
(a foot of snow in under 6hrs, and then there was the temperature [Eek!] )

--------------------
Evil AI at work.
I am Swiss of Borg. Holes are irrelevant, cheese will be assimilated!

Posts: 2275 | From: All the way from the land of Chocolate, Cheese and Cuckoo Clocks. | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
MTB Babe
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2297

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted December 21, 2004 09:02      Profile for MTB Babe   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Happy FESTIVUS! It is now time for the Airing of Grievances !
[crazy]

--------------------
Samir: No one in this country can ever pronounce my name right. It's not that hard: Na-ee-ana-jaad. Nayanajaad.
Michael Bolton: Yeah, well at least your name isn't Michael Bolton.

Posts: 1003 | From: State College, PA, USA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
Rhonwyyn

Solid Gold SuperFan!
Member # 2854

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 21, 2004 09:35      Profile for Rhonwyyn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ehh, the Prep dept. at Clipper's had its Festivus pole up since November. No feats of strength yet, but then again, since we haven't had sets since November, I haven't been over there with any frequency.

--------------------

drunkennewfiemidget
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 21, 2004 11:30      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Swiss Mercenary:
quote:
Originally posted by drunkennewfiemidget:
so I'll be driving home to Kitchener Christmas Eve after work (yes, you read that right. [Mad] ), and getting to my parent's in the late evening.

If it is anything like the last, and only time, I was in Kitchener I pity you.
(a foot of snow in under 6hrs, and then there was the temperature [Eek!] )

Trust me -- no matter how bad the weather in Kitchener is, it's worse here in Ottawa.
Posts: 4897 | From: Cambridge, ON, Canada | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture