homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Your News!   » Target commercial

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Target commercial
Grey_girl

Member # 2172

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 24, 2004 08:29      Profile for Grey_girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Has anyone else seen the Target commercial with Darth Vader and uh... supermodel Heidi Klum? Yes, I did say Vader and Heidi Klum. (Target is a big box retailer in the States.)

The intro doesn't really tell you what it's for, except that there is a little Target bullseye on the deskplate. Vader is sitting at the desk wearing a telephone headset, with the only sound you hear being his breathing. He's sort of biding his time, tapping his hands on the desk. The supermodel comes in and sits down at the desk next to him. As she does, you hear Vader's breath sounds getting heavier and heavier. The ad is for a wake-up call on Friday morning so you can get to their post-Thanksgiving sale. You can go to Target.com and watch the "film." You can also select who you would like to call you.

Here's the URL for the wake-up videos.

My son and I cracked up.

Posts: 764 | From: NYC | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Bibo
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 1959

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 24, 2004 08:31      Profile for Bibo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm gonna have Ice-T wake me up, I have to work at 5:30am Friday [cry baby]
Posts: 1641 | From: Grand Rapids, MI | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Grey_girl

Member # 2172

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 24, 2004 09:13      Profile for Grey_girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Someone told me there is an Ice-T / Vader commercial. I'd love to see that, but it's sadly not on the site.
Posts: 764 | From: NYC | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 24, 2004 12:08      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
<vader-voice>
I find your lack of credit history disturbing...
</vader-voice>

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10668 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
MTB Babe
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2297

Member Rated:
Icon 2 posted November 24, 2004 12:54      Profile for MTB Babe   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Wanna see me light saber?"

..ok thats old sorry. [Razz]

--------------------
Samir: No one in this country can ever pronounce my name right. It's not that hard: Na-ee-ana-jaad. Nayanajaad.
Michael Bolton: Yeah, well at least your name isn't Michael Bolton.

Posts: 1003 | From: State College, PA, USA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
Mac D
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 2926

Icon 1 posted November 24, 2004 13:01      Profile for Mac D     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MTB Babe:
"Wanna see me light saber?"

..ok thats old sorry. [Razz]

What kind of light saber you got?

--------------------
There's nothing wrong with me, This is how I'm supposed to be.

Posts: 1449 | From: Where I am is very relative to my location at that time. | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Serenak

Member # 2950

Member Rated:
Icon 12 posted November 24, 2004 14:05      Profile for Serenak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, a light skirmishing one as opposed to a heavy cavalry sabre (yes that is deliberate - that is how we spell SABRE in europe...)

Obviously...

[Smile]

--------------------
"So if you want my address - it's No. 1 at the end of the bar, where I sit with the broken angels, clutching at straws and nursing my scars..."

Posts: 1935 | From: Suffolk England | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
drunkennewfiemidget
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 24, 2004 14:44      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Serenak:
Well, a light skirmishing one as opposed to a heavy cavalry sabre (yes that is deliberate - that is how we spell SABRE in europe...)

Obviously...

[Smile]

And every other ENGLISH speaking country in the world. [Wink]
Posts: 4897 | From: Cambridge, ON, Canada | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
SpikeSpiegel
Member # 1452

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 24, 2004 16:44      Profile for SpikeSpiegel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
now if only there were a way for heidi klum to be there in person when i wake up [Wink]

--------------------
its been a while

Posts: 3090 | From: Boston | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
csk

Member # 1941

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 24, 2004 16:53      Profile for csk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by SpikeSpiegel:
now if only there were a way for heidi klum to be there in person when i wake up [Wink]

Yes, it's called a truckload of cash [Big Grin]

--------------------
6 weeks to go!

Posts: 4455 | From: Sydney, Australia | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
SpikeSpiegel
Member # 1452

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 24, 2004 18:00      Profile for SpikeSpiegel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by csk:
quote:
Originally posted by SpikeSpiegel:

Yes, it's called a truckload of cash [Big Grin]
where can one procure said cash [Confused]

--------------------
its been a while

Posts: 3090 | From: Boston | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture