homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Your News!   » Bad bad bad

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Bad bad bad
Mac D
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 2926

Icon 1 posted November 19, 2004 18:41      Profile for Mac D     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What a bunch of hypocrits. MS not only after a U.S. monopoly but a world wide one as well. They stole it from Apple in the first place. ok ok ok here is the link

What do you expect from the guy who gets the most spam and needs a whole team to filter it. Link to that story

--------------------
There's nothing wrong with me, This is how I'm supposed to be.

Posts: 1449 | From: Where I am is very relative to my location at that time. | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
davor
Mini Geek
Member # 3073

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted November 20, 2004 10:03      Profile for davor   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
why govs just dont buy a blank pc's without windows on it so they can use whatever they prefer?

--------------------
Davor

http://davortech.wordpress.com

Posts: 51 | From: europe | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 20, 2004 10:40      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by davor:
why govs just dont buy a blank pc's without windows on it so they can use whatever they prefer?

Please reshape that into a meaningful sentence.

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9331 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Spiderman

Solid Nitrozanium Superfan!
Member # 1609

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 20, 2004 11:13      Profile for Spiderman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Quoting the end of the first article:

Ballmer said the security fears some governments had about using Microsoft software were overblown.

"We think our software is far more secure than open-source software. It is more secure because we stand behind it, we fixed it, because we built it. Nobody ever knows who built open-source software," he added.

Who do they think they're kidding?? [Roll Eyes] [shake head]

"...because we built it..." I just had the urge to lose my last meal. [Embarrassed]

--------------------
Math problems? Call 1-800-[(10x)(13i)^2]-[sin(xy)/2.362x]

Posts: 846 | From: Chicago | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
FatGnome
Highlie
Member # 1068

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 20, 2004 11:34      Profile for FatGnome     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Heh heh... well I wonder what patents they are actualy "breaking" over there... something like how it looks? Or are they actual coding segments?
Posts: 559 | From: Idaho | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
drunkennewfiemidget
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 20, 2004 20:12      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Spiderman:
Quoting the end of the first article:

Ballmer said the security fears some governments had about using Microsoft software were overblown.

"We think our software is far more secure than open-source software. It is more secure because we stand behind it, we fixed it, because we built it. Nobody ever knows who built open-source software," he added.

Who do they think they're kidding?? [Roll Eyes] [shake head]

"...because we built it..." I just had the urge to lose my last meal. [Embarrassed]

Allow me to get this straight:

"Our software is more secure, because the programmers on our payroll who we told to make software behave a certain way are smarter than all those people who put together open source software. And the fact that any bug or issue with software can be debugged by ANYONE with a text editor, and a good knowledge of the programming language the software is written in is completely irrelevant."

RIGHT.

[Roll Eyes]

Posts: 4897 | From: Cambridge, ON, Canada | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
CommanderShroom
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2097

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 21, 2004 06:31      Profile for CommanderShroom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What do you mean that Microsoft could be lying to us?!? The Horror!!!

--------------------
Does he know our big secret?
Has one of us confessed?
'Bout the wires circuits and motors
Buried in our chest

Posts: 2463 | From: Utarrrrggggghhh!!!!!!!! | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
Serenak

Member # 2950

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 21, 2004 18:27      Profile for Serenak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Snails, razorblades, piles of little kiddies innoculated arms,

THE HORROR

Ha Ha Shroom - I'm still behind you [Smile] </Joke>

Hey, what are those praire dogs doing on my front lawn????

[Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

--------------------
"So if you want my address - it's No. 1 at the end of the bar, where I sit with the broken angels, clutching at straws and nursing my scars..."

Posts: 1935 | From: Suffolk England | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture