homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Your News!   » God I am an aberition

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: God I am an aberition
FatGnome
Highlie
Member # 1068

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 06, 2004 08:59      Profile for FatGnome     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Let me see how many ways I conflict and break molds

Conservative Christian rightwing nutjob
I play DnD and other RPGs

Republican
I still hang out here =-)

Keynesian
wish that I could print my own money

Love to travel
Wasn't that impressed with the UK (sorry I had fun but wasn't that impressed, castles and cathedrals get boring after you see 2 a day for a week and a half)

I am a business administration major
I take more CS than Business classes

I am lactose intolerant
My favorite foodish thing is a milk shake

Well that is a start. Oh well. I just thought I would post this after being here over the election stuff. I do like Bush I would have voted for bush had I been not so lazy and forgot to be my absentee ballot. Then again I live in Idaho, the only state to have every county vote for Bush. So anyway I was just feeling a little overwhelmed at the anti-Bush sentiment here. heh heh I might have to start chipping into those conversations and debate back now =-)

--------------------
What a complete and utter waste of time to read my Signature don't you think?

Posts: 559 | From: Idaho | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
magefile
Highlie
Member # 2918

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 06, 2004 11:11      Profile for magefile     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So ... how do you do the milkshake thing, then? Soy shake? Is it made with soy yogurt?
Posts: 743 | From: Massachusetts | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged
Stibbons
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2515

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 06, 2004 11:22      Profile for Stibbons   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by FatGnome:
I am lactose intolerant
My favorite foodish thing is a milk shake

I hear you brother! I'm anaphylactic to milk (amongst other things), yet a big chocolate addict. Praise be towards your deity of choice for Kinnerton [Smile]
Posts: 1141 | From: UK | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
Callipygous
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2071

Member Rated:
Icon 5 posted November 06, 2004 13:26      Profile for Callipygous     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just want to know what an aberition is. An aborted aberration perhaps? or some unusual deep sea life form? Any ideas?

--------------------
"Knowledge is Power. France is Bacon" - Milton

Posts: 2922 | From: Brighton - UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 06, 2004 13:54      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Callipygous:
I just want to know what an aberition is. An aborted aberration perhaps? or some unusual deep sea life form? Any ideas?

Perhaps he only appears to be an aberration [Wink]

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10669 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
demigeekess
Single Celled Newbie
Member # 2928

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 06, 2004 21:51      Profile for demigeekess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm usually a lurker, but FatGnome made a statement that wasn't accurate, and I thought I'd try to catch it before the usual nitpickers. [Smile]

quote:

Well that is a start. Oh well. I just thought I would post this after being here over the election stuff. I do like Bush I would have voted for bush had I been not so lazy and forgot to be my absentee ballot. Then again I live in Idaho, the only state to have every county vote for Bush.

Not every county in Idaho went to Bush. Blaine county in southern Idaho voted 59% Kerry (Sun Valley is in this county, so I assume it's the ex-californian vote). And Latah county was split pretty close--it went to Bush 50% to 48% Kerry (the university town balanced out the rest of the county). Everywhere else did go to Bush by rather large margins though, so those two counties didn't affect much. The states that went for Bush in every county are Utah, Nebraska, Oklahoma, and Alaska (though I don't know if Alaska counts, since it appears to only have one county).

But you're right FatGnome, I don't think you missed too much by not voting. Not in the presidential election anyway, there may have been some local races that were important, or at least not decided before the polls opened...

-demigeekess, who spent too much time with election maps

Posts: 1 | From: western US | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Erbo
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 199

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 06, 2004 22:19      Profile for Erbo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Republican
I still hang out here =-)

Oh, thank heaven! I'm not alone! [Smile]

Just watch out...there are several folks here who seem to think they're on Democratic Underground. And make sure to get your ballot in next time!

--------------------
See more From The Erbo Files: www.erbosoft.com/blog/

Posts: 1480 | From: Denver, CO, US | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
FatGnome
Highlie
Member # 1068

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 07, 2004 17:25      Profile for FatGnome     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah I realized about november first that I forgot everything and hoped my credit card bill (which had just been switched to my current address) would arive.

--------------------
What a complete and utter waste of time to read my Signature don't you think?

Posts: 559 | From: Idaho | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture