homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Your News!   » Another "select your candidate" tool

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Another "select your candidate" tool
Stereo

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 748

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 02, 2004 06:56      Profile for Stereo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here it is.

It's artificial intelligence built, based on other people stance. The only trick is you have to select a state of residency, but for "foreigners" like me, I suggest you select the closest one to your real place of living. So Aussies would probably choose Hawaii, and UKers Alaska. Or just pick one randomly. (For scientific method's sake, I should try and see if the state one select changes the results.)

Anyway, I ended up 50% Kerry, 50% Nader, 1% Bush. Now, as there is obviously a 1% error margin (with a total of 101%), and that Bush got 1%, the logical conclusion is that voting Bush is an error. [evil] [Big Grin]

--------------------
Eppur, si muove!

Galileo Galilei

Posts: 2289 | From: Gatineau, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
drunkennewfiemidget
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 02, 2004 07:14      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My results:

Bush: 0%
Kerry: 54%
Nader: 46%

Posts: 4897 | From: Cambridge, ON, Canada | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
TMBWITW,PB

Member # 1734

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 02, 2004 08:24      Profile for TMBWITW,PB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bush: 16%
Kerry: 84%
Nader: 0%

Good thing I voted for Kerry. [thumbsup]

--------------------
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye."
—Miss Piggy

Posts: 4010 | From: my couch | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Bibo
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 1959

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 02, 2004 08:25      Profile for Bibo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
9% Bush
50% Kerry
41% Nader

[Big Grin]

I'll be heading to the polls in a few hours

Posts: 1641 | From: Grand Rapids, MI | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Xanthine

Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 02, 2004 08:50      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
50% Kerry, 50% Nader.

--------------------
And it's one, two, three / On the wrong side of the lee / What were you meant for? / What were you meant for?
- The Decemberists

Posts: 7670 | From: the lab | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Mister Boo

Member # 1419

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 02, 2004 08:55      Profile for Mister Boo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
13% Bush
40% Kerry
47% Nader

Oh, well. Kerry it is. Time to landscape DC and remove an unsightly shrub.

--------------------
Geekculture's Original Boo

Posts: 314 | From: Naugatuck, CT | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
Cap'n Vic

Member # 1477

Icon 1 posted November 02, 2004 09:11      Profile for Cap'n Vic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Shouldn't the thread title be:

Another select your candidate, tool.

--------------------
(!) (T) = 8-D

Posts: 5471 | From: One of the drones from sector 7G | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
fanboy_uk

Member # 2132

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 02, 2004 09:20      Profile for fanboy_uk   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh no! I support Bush! But only in a 9% kind of way. Phew.

The other two had a 46%/46% split.

I do take exception to the fact that you have suggested lumping us (UK) as the equivalent of Alaska, a traditional Bush safe state. Guess there's no alternative though.

BTW, My home town is on a latitude just south of Calgary just north of Regina and no where near as cold.

Have a good one.
M.

--------------------
A woman walked into a cocktail bar, took one look at the drinks menu and asked the barman for a Double Entendré.
So he gave her one

Posts: 161 | From: Brighton, UK (50.8389, -00.1876) | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 02, 2004 12:53      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
6% Bush
45% Kerry
49% Nader
78% bin Laden [Razz]

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10680 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
GMx

Member # 1523

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 02, 2004 13:08      Profile for GMx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
0% - Bush
48% - Kerry
52% - Nader

Posts: 5848 | From: S-4, Area 51 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
csk

Member # 1941

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 02, 2004 13:14      Profile for csk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
37% Bush, 33% Kerry, 30% Nader

I'm going off to shoot myself now [Frown]

--------------------
6 weeks to go!

Posts: 4455 | From: Sydney, Australia | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Cap'n Vic

Member # 1477

Icon 1 posted November 02, 2004 14:15      Profile for Cap'n Vic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by csk:

If you do that, the loss of your collective will mean only 1500 GCers [Wink]

--------------------
(!) (T) = 8-D

Posts: 5471 | From: One of the drones from sector 7G | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
Callipygous
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2071

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 02, 2004 14:26      Profile for Callipygous     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
csk, I'll bet your Bush rating comes from that Christian stuff!

for me

13% Bush 87% Kerry 0% Nader, which is probably a fairly accurate depiction of how I feel.

--------------------
"Knowledge is Power. France is Bacon" - Milton

Posts: 2922 | From: Brighton - UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
csk

Member # 1941

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 02, 2004 14:37      Profile for csk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Callipygous:
csk, I'll bet your Bush rating comes from that Christian stuff!

Probably. Validates Rhonwyyn's point(s) in the other thread, anyway.

--------------------
6 weeks to go!

Cap'n Vic

Member # 1477

Icon 1 posted November 02, 2004 14:44      Profile for Cap'n Vic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
5 Shrub
48 Kerry
47 Nader

Your all a bunch of left wing nut jobs!

--------------------
(!) (T) = 8-D

Xanthine

Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 02, 2004 15:09      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Like hell you are! I wanna live dammit!

/me begins massive and hostile takeover of the collective

--------------------
And it's one, two, three / On the wrong side of the lee / What were you meant for? / What were you meant for?
- The Decemberists

Posts: 7670 | From: the lab | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Cap'n Vic

Member # 1477

Icon 1 posted November 02, 2004 15:47      Profile for Cap'n Vic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Xanthine:
quote:

Like hell you are! I wanna live dammit!

/me begins massive and hostile takeover of the collective

Yeah!!!

Kill the collective!!!

It has WMD's!!!!

--------------------
(!) (T) = 8-D

zboy
Mini Geek
Member # 2969

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 02, 2004 15:54      Profile for zboy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You guys are gonna love this.

80% Bush
20% Kerry
0% Nader

At least I didn't split the democrat vote.

Posts: 72 | From: A galaxy far, far, away ... | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Cap'n Vic

Member # 1477

Icon 1 posted November 02, 2004 17:33      Profile for Cap'n Vic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by zboy:
You guys are gonna love this.

80% Bush
20% Kerry
0% Nader

At least I didn't split the democrat vote.

With marks like that you should spice up your posts with random bold/italics/caps and obscure links to right wing nut job web sites.

--------------------
(!) (T) = 8-D

csk

Member # 1941

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 02, 2004 17:42      Profile for csk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Cap'n Vic:
With marks like that you should spice up your posts with random bold/italics/caps and obscure links to right wing nut job web sites.

Cap'n Vic wins the thread!

--------------------
6 weeks to go!

Rhonwyyn

Solid Gold SuperFan!
Member # 2854

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 02, 2004 19:18      Profile for Rhonwyyn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Stereo:
The only trick is you have to select a state of residency, but for "foreigners" like me, I suggest you select the closest one to your real place of living. So Aussies would probably choose Hawaii, and UKers Alaska.

Umm, UKers wouldn't necessarily choose Alaska 'cause they'd have to cross either North America or Eurasia to get to it! [Wink] If I remember correctly from Quiz Bowl days, Maine's the furthest East of the United States.

--------------------
Change the way you SEE, not the way you LOOK!

Posts: 3849 | From: Lancaster, PA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged
Stereo

Member # 748

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 02, 2004 19:25      Profile for Stereo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Rhonwyyn:
quote:
Originally posted by Stereo:
The only trick is you have to select a state of residency, but for "foreigners" like me, I suggest you select the closest one to your real place of living. So Aussies would probably choose Hawaii, and UKers Alaska.

Umm, UKers wouldn't necessarily choose Alaska 'cause they'd have to cross either North America or Eurasia to get to it! [Wink] If I remember correctly from Quiz Bowl days, Maine's the furthest East of the United States.
Isn't Alaska closer to northern European countries through the pole? I could have that wrong, though.

Oh well, heading to bed soon. If Kerry wins, good. If Bush gets another go... how bad can it be? [shake head] (He can't bring Armageddon to the world, can he? [Roll Eyes] )

--------------------
Eppur, si muove!

Galileo Galilei

Posts: 2289 | From: Gatineau, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
fanboy_uk

Member # 2132

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 03, 2004 05:09      Profile for fanboy_uk   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
If Bush gets another go... how bad can it be? (He can't bring Armageddon to the world, can he? )

Hold on, just had a thought. Nostradamus predicted three anti-christs. Popular belief has it that Napoleon and Hitler where the first two. There has been divided thoughts on whether Pohl Pot or Sadam Hussain is the third. Could not the third one be a lot closer to home (or at least your home)?

Now there is a scary thought. Hold does this mean I will now get a visit from the SS. As Cal said in another thread I suggest that you are careful about what you post in the current climate of hysteria.

--------------------
A woman walked into a cocktail bar, took one look at the drinks menu and asked the barman for a Double Entendré.
So he gave her one

Posts: 161 | From: Brighton, UK (50.8389, -00.1876) | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture