homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Your News!   » The (un)official US election thread (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5 

Author Topic: The (un)official US election thread
Cap'n Vic

Member # 1477

Icon 1 posted November 02, 2004 08:39      Profile for Cap'n Vic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Famous Druid:
quote:
Originally posted by Cap'n Vic:
Here is an interesting slant coming out of the bin Laden camp.

Hmmm .... Where have I heard that before ?
I'm beginning to think you are one of bin Ladens henchmen [Wink]

--------------------
(!) (T) = 8-D

Posts: 5471 | From: One of the drones from sector 7G | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
Mac D
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 2926

Icon 1 posted November 02, 2004 08:49      Profile for Mac D     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Originaly posted by: Xanthine
quote:
I voted. My polling place closes at 7, which is when I'll be going to an aikido class, so I stopped in before going in to work. They weren't giving out any stickers though.
What?! Thats not right. I would go back and demand a sticker! Every one needs to get a sticker. It proves you went out and did your civic duty.

--------------------
There's nothing wrong with me, This is how I'm supposed to be.

Posts: 1449 | From: Where I am is very relative to my location at that time. | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Cap'n Vic

Member # 1477

Icon 1 posted November 02, 2004 09:09      Profile for Cap'n Vic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
'nuff said.

-

--------------------
(!) (T) = 8-D

Posts: 5471 | From: One of the drones from sector 7G | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
fanboy_uk

Member # 2132

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 02, 2004 10:06      Profile for fanboy_uk   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The BBC have posted a news report from New Hampshire that states that Bush has taken the lead.

Granted that this is one small district out of many hundreds, but why do I a feel kind of perverse excitement (or is it dread), a feeling that is just like the night before Christmas except that rather than Santa turning up we'll have Satan instead.

Of course he is the "Movie Villain of the Year"

--------------------
A woman walked into a cocktail bar, took one look at the drinks menu and asked the barman for a Double Entendré.
So he gave her one

Posts: 161 | From: Brighton, UK (50.8389, -00.1876) | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
Xanthine

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 02, 2004 10:47      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dude, it's waaay too fscking early to know anything yet. The polls are still open for god's sake.

--------------------
And it's one, two, three / On the wrong side of the lee / What were you meant for? / What were you meant for?
- The Decemberists

Posts: 7670 | From: the lab | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Cap'n Vic

Member # 1477

Icon 1 posted November 02, 2004 11:04      Profile for Cap'n Vic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A lead of 34 votes to John Kerry's 22. [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
(!) (T) = 8-D

GMx

Member # 1523

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 02, 2004 11:21      Profile for GMx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
New Hampshire-home of the Northern Rednecks. [Roll Eyes] I wouldn't take too much stock in that.
Posts: 5844 | From: S-4, Area 51 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
ooby
Highlie
Member # 2603

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 02, 2004 11:22      Profile for ooby     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They say that the first states to close polls are expected to go for bush. An hour after that, many more states will close. The last state to close its polls will be Alaska at 1:00AM EST. I don't think we'll be able to make any assumptions until 9 or 10, when many votes have been counted. I also don't think that the media will be projecting winners in places where races are close.

--------------------
"haven't you ever wondered if there's more to life than being really, really, rediculously good looking?"

Posts: 680 | From: South Jersey | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Autumn
Newbie Larva
Member # 3056

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted November 02, 2004 11:42      Profile for Autumn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ooby:
I also don't think that the media will be projecting winners in places where races are close.

I doubt they'll be doing that after the disaster that was 2000.

--------------------
Avert Thy eyes!

Posts: 7 | From: Ireland | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
ooby
Highlie
Member # 2603

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 02, 2004 12:00      Profile for ooby     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A bit after I made my projection comment, a website was reporting Kerry in the lead, except in Guam. What's really strange is this is the website. [drudge]

--------------------
"haven't you ever wondered if there's more to life than being really, really, rediculously good looking?"

Posts: 680 | From: South Jersey | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Cap'n Vic

Member # 1477

Icon 1 posted November 02, 2004 12:42      Profile for Cap'n Vic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Check out the voting irregularities.

--------------------
(!) (T) = 8-D

Mac D
Member # 2926

Icon 1 posted November 02, 2004 13:27      Profile for Mac D     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't think a web site by Michael Moore is credible at all.

--------------------

Posts: 1449 | From: Where I am is very relative to my location at that time. | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Cap'n Vic

Member # 1477

Icon 1 posted November 02, 2004 14:14      Profile for Cap'n Vic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Um, nobody says it was.

BTW, do you think GWB is 'credible' based on how he went into Iraq? [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
(!) (T) = 8-D

FatGnome
Highlie
Member # 1068

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 02, 2004 18:07      Profile for FatGnome     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well many many people voting for Kerry are just trying to vote Bush out. They don't have that differant of views from one another. Kerry would have gone to war with Iraq so that can't be used as something against Bush. (Kerry just would have gone in about 6 months later) Bush has carefully laid out what he plans to do for the next 4 year whereas Kerry has a plan that he refers to but never gets around to explaining. Or when he does explain he just says that he will do things to get our allies involved and never explains what will happen or how he will get the allies involved in the first place.

Anyway the only reason I would vote for Kerry is to get rid of Bush, but Bush is a keynesian and so am I so I will keep Bush. Kerry is a... duno what he is but it isn't keynsian.

--------------------
What a complete and utter waste of time to read my Signature don't you think?

Posts: 559 | From: Idaho | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
Cap'n Vic

Member # 1477

Icon 1 posted November 02, 2004 19:54      Profile for Cap'n Vic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What the hell is the deal with Florida?

It is just hanging there like a big ol' limp dick. Did these idiots learn nothing in 2000? Count your damn votes people.

-

--------------------
(!) (T) = 8-D

GMx

Member # 1523

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 02, 2004 19:59      Profile for GMx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hope things start looking up. I'd hate to have the shaved monkey for four more years. [Frown]

Edit: Kerry took California! A lot closer now.

Posts: 5844 | From: S-4, Area 51 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
TMBWITW,PB

Member # 1734

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 02, 2004 20:52      Profile for TMBWITW,PB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Frown] Boo. Bush took Florida. It looks like he's going to get Ohio, and he's definitely going to get Montana, so the very best that Kerry could do is a 269-269 tie. Which means it would go to the House and Bush would win. I think we're going to be stuck with the Shrub. [cry baby]

--------------------
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye."
—Miss Piggy

Posts: 4010 | From: my couch | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
csk

Member # 1941

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 02, 2004 21:20      Profile for csk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmm, possible electronic warfare going on? See here. I also had intermittent DNS issues in getting through to that msnbc link dman posted in the other thread.

--------------------
6 weeks to go!

Posts: 4455 | From: Sydney, Australia | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
TMBWITW,PB

Member # 1734

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 02, 2004 21:22      Profile for TMBWITW,PB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think the trouble there was that dman posted a link to www.msnbc.nbc.com when I think he should have posted the link to http://www.msnbc.msn.com The second one worked for me.

--------------------
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye."
—Miss Piggy

csk

Member # 1941

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 02, 2004 21:29      Profile for csk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ahh, good point.

Damn, 246 vs 206. He's pulling away. I thought this would happen, but I didn't want to be right [cry baby]

--------------------
6 weeks to go!

Posts: 4455 | From: Sydney, Australia | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
TMBWITW,PB

Member # 1734

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 02, 2004 21:41      Profile for TMBWITW,PB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Our only hope now is the absentee and provisional ballots. Unfortunately those may not be counted until a week from now. If 2008 is like this I may get an ulcer.

--------------------
—Miss Piggy

dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 02, 2004 21:46      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, NBC's #s are starting to look dubious. As soon as they predict that a state will go for one candidate, they up the electoral vote counter by that. However, I think nearly all the sites are doing stuff /like/ this. Why doesn't our government offer a real resource for this information, seeing as they control the information?! I did look at www.whitehouse.___GOV___, and of course, there was nothing of use there. If anyone wants a laugh, try looking at www.foxnews.com [Wink] . (Kerry's trailing horribly over there - weird, huh?)

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9331 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Mac D
Member # 2926

Icon 1 posted November 02, 2004 21:47      Profile for Mac D     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And all the states left are to close, It doesn't make it better.

If anyone wants I got sick of having to look at each state to see how many EV's there where so this Link just shows them all.

--------------------

Mac D
Member # 2926

Icon 1 posted November 02, 2004 22:09      Profile for Mac D     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Iowa is a huge nail biter. Last i checked it was less the 20 votes difference

--------------------

Cap'n Vic

Member # 1477

Icon 1 posted November 02, 2004 22:16      Profile for Cap'n Vic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looks like the shrub is gonna take it again..... [Mad]

/me wonders what unspeakable horrors will happen within the US at the hands of the 'terrorists'.....and what will happen over seas at the hands of Shrub.
[shake head]

Ya know....I actually had more faith in the American people.....If Bush does win tonite, that validates everything he has done in the past four years including the lies he told to go into Iraq.

A very sad day for the US, and the whole world. [ohwell]

--------------------
(!) (T) = 8-D

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture