homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Your News!   » Why does Japan get all the good stuff ;-)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Why does Japan get all the good stuff ;-)
Spiderman

Solid Nitrozanium Superfan!
Member # 1609

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 26, 2004 06:55      Profile for Spiderman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Evidently, there is now a camera phone that can see through clothes [Eek!] .

Article can be found Here at Cnet

--------------------
Math problems? Call 1-800-[(10x)(13i)^2]-[sin(xy)/2.362x]

Posts: 846 | From: Chicago | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Mac D
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 2926

Icon 1 posted October 26, 2004 07:04      Profile for Mac D     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's a 3rd party product. Maybe you can find one on e-bay. But from the sounds of it, it's not very effective unless the person is not wearing much to begin with.

In other news on a similer topic. I thought I read that the US is supposed to get the GameBoy DS before Japan. I'm excited about it comming out.

--------------------
There's nothing wrong with me, This is how I'm supposed to be.

Posts: 1449 | From: Where I am is very relative to my location at that time. | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
littlefish
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 966

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 26, 2004 08:07      Profile for littlefish   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
According to this, the DS is out in Japan next month. Pre-orders are being taken.
Posts: 2421 | From: That London | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
csk

Member # 1941

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 26, 2004 08:14      Profile for csk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wasn't there a Sony videocam that had the same properties when it was released, hence got some hast y mods by Sony?

/me still remembers going to some science exhibition during secondary school. Walked past a device which had a body heat sensor that showed a heat picture of you, and was surprised (and embarassed) at what I saw of myself on the screen.

I then thought about hanging around nearby and watching my female classmates walk past it, but I was pure and innocent then, so didn't.

--------------------
6 weeks to go!

Posts: 4455 | From: Sydney, Australia | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Mac D
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 2926

Icon 1 posted October 26, 2004 08:25      Profile for Mac D     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
According to This artical it's the first nintendo product to come out in the US before Japan. But the story on Nintendo's website is kind of vauge. We will see next month.

--------------------
There's nothing wrong with me, This is how I'm supposed to be.

Posts: 1449 | From: Where I am is very relative to my location at that time. | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Tut-an-Geek

SuperFan!
Member # 1234

Icon 1 posted October 26, 2004 09:28      Profile for Tut-an-Geek   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
csk: I believe that it was the night vision feature
TheMoMan
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 27, 2004 03:33      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Spiderman __________I have a pair of RCA security cameras that use a tube instead of CCD's they are slightly IR. In a semi dark room they will show the viens near the skin, and outside in the dark they pick up the heat of a person or animal long before it is visable to the naked eye.

--------------------
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Benjamin Franklin,

Posts: 5848 | From: Just South of the Huron National Forest, in the water shed of the Rifle River | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 27, 2004 10:43      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by csk:
Wasn't there a Sony videocam that had the same properties when it was released, hence got some hast y mods by Sony?

Yeah, and the hasty mod was a light sensor [Razz] . The hasty mod to stop this can be found here. I was going to mention this earlier about the cell phones - I'm sure they can fall prey to the same deal...

Never quite had the chance or inclination to try it out, though - I've only got the background information from the Internets.

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9332 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
MacGenius
Alpha Geek
Member # 1333

Member Rated:
Icon 12 posted October 27, 2004 12:14      Profile for MacGenius   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
These things are actually illegal in the us [Big Grin]
Posts: 264 | From: Mars | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
TheMoMan
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 28, 2004 09:19      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
MacGenius

These things are actually illegal in the us

How so please cite the laws or ordinances?

--------------------
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Benjamin Franklin,

Posts: 5848 | From: Just South of the Huron National Forest, in the water shed of the Rifle River | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture