homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Your News!   » /me is sick

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: /me is sick
macmcseboy

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 1232

Member Rated:
Icon 9 posted October 19, 2004 10:01      Profile for macmcseboy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I sad to report that macmcseboy is ill, at work, and without drugs to quell the ailment..... [Frown]

--------------------
Live long and prosper.

Posts: 1140 | From: Victoria BC... | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Xanthine

Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 19, 2004 11:03      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh bleah.

You kbow, my boss keeps a bottle of ibuprofen in his office that he shares when he needs to. Maybe your boss does too.

My boss also keeps some really good chocolate handy (he says it quells rebellions). Considering our lab is female dominated, this also counts as medication. [Razz]

--------------------
And it's one, two, three / On the wrong side of the lee / What were you meant for? / What were you meant for?
- The Decemberists

Posts: 7670 | From: the lab | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
drunkennewfiemidget
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 19, 2004 11:23      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My boss only has booze in his desk. [Eek!]

edit: although that might be exactly what you're looking for. [Wink]

Posts: 4897 | From: Cambridge, ON, Canada | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
macmcseboy

Member # 1232

Member Rated:
Icon 3 posted October 19, 2004 12:30      Profile for macmcseboy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would prefer to have the drugs at the moment... At least I would be more functional. BTW... do not attempt an iBook Logic Board replacement when you have a runny nose... it can messy. Thinking of wrapping early as a result.

--------------------
Live long and prosper.

Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 9 posted October 19, 2004 12:46      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
oh man, my sympathies. I hope you don't get what Nitro and I had... three weeks of the Flu From Hell.
Posts: 8117 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
macmcseboy

Member # 1232

Member Rated:
Icon 3 posted October 19, 2004 12:57      Profile for macmcseboy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's small island Snaggy... could have blown downwind to here. It looks like I'm the last to have it. My family has already had it and so have my roomates. What I'd give for a shot of buckley's right now...

--------------------
Live long and prosper.

Xanthine

Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 19, 2004 13:40      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Little tip from everyone's favorite lab rat: if you're fever's so bad you can't see straight, give it up and go home. Better to lose time by resting than to lose time by fixing all the mistakes you made because you were too sick to work effectively.

I had to get sent home twice before I figured that one out. :/

--------------------
And it's one, two, three / On the wrong side of the lee / What were you meant for? / What were you meant for?
- The Decemberists

Aditu
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2340

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 19, 2004 13:59      Profile for Aditu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My daughter had some vomiting and runny diaper bug that they were passing around at day care and she kindly shared with me. So you have my sympathy. Hope you feel better soon.
Posts: 1355 | From: Osten Ard | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
Ivan
Alpha Geek
Member # 2622

Member Rated:
Icon 11 posted October 19, 2004 15:13      Profile for Ivan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I didn't know you wore diapers [Eek!]

My sympathies for you. I hate being sick.

Posts: 269 | From: North Carolina | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged
macmcseboy

Member # 1232

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 19, 2004 15:39      Profile for macmcseboy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
After reassembling two eMacs' and replacing the logic board in an iBook, I checked out of the office a 14:46 Hrs. I promptly acquired drugs to help me function tomorrow and for the rest of the week....

This will be a rough nitgh I'm sure as the Bug progrsses to day two.

--------------------
Live long and prosper.

Cap'n Vic

Member # 1477

Icon 1 posted October 19, 2004 16:32      Profile for Cap'n Vic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Aditu:
My daughter had some vomiting and runny diaper bug that they were passing around at day care and she kindly shared with me. So you have my sympathy. Hope you feel better soon.

Ahhh. Kids. Just like little virus factories.

--------------------
(!) (T) = 8-D

Posts: 5471 | From: One of the drones from sector 7G | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
GMx

Member # 1523

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 19, 2004 19:15      Profile for GMx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I never get sick. I can't remember the last time I had the flu. I wonder why? Oh yeah, you have to be around people to catch their germs. [ohwell]
Posts: 5849 | From: S-4, Area 51 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
Xanthine

Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 19, 2004 21:06      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I used to get my ass nailed to the floor once a winter. Fever, coughing, the whole nine yards. I think it was stress, bad food, not enough sleep, being around lots of people, and, even more critically, working with sick people that did it. My senior year, not only did I spend winter break on antibiotics, I also got floored again in the spring. Then I started grad school. THey pay me better in grad school, so my diet improved. I also started sleeping more. So I made it through last winter relatively unscathed. But I feel for ya macsmeboy. I ended up defending my senior thesis while I was fighting off some sort of secondary infection from my spring flu.

People like to preach about flu shots, but I gotta tell you, they've never done me much good. I do heartily reccomend resting. It's amazing what 10+ hours of sleep can do when you're sick. If you can, take a day. If you can't, soldier to the weekend and spend that weekend on your ass. Seriously. Sleep fixes just about anything.

--------------------
- The Decemberists

macmcseboy

Member # 1232

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 19, 2004 21:46      Profile for macmcseboy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is the first time in five years I've left work because of illness. I have not missed a day in all that time. Lately, I have been a crutch for most of my friends... My roomate burried his mom lat friday. An old friend has brain cancer. the roomates are no longer dating. and I seem to be the onbly sane person...now this.
I have been in bead since about 5PM, so I should be able to last till sunday monday when I will sleeep all dayl.

--------------------
Live long and prosper.

MTB Babe
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2297

Member Rated:
Icon 4 posted October 20, 2004 07:05      Profile for MTB Babe   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
mac you poor baby. I'm so sorry to hear you're sick!!!! I used to never get sick until I lived in the dorms in college and that broke my immune system down very quickly.
Now it seems like I can catch a cold from a ceiling fan!!
You have my sympathy!!! [Smile] [cry baby] [Geek]

--------------------
Samir: No one in this country can ever pronounce my name right. It's not that hard: Na-ee-ana-jaad. Nayanajaad.
Michael Bolton: Yeah, well at least your name isn't Michael Bolton.

Posts: 1003 | From: State College, PA, USA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
CommanderShroom
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2097

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 20, 2004 08:40      Profile for CommanderShroom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by macmcseboy:
This is the first time in five years I've left work because of illness. I have not missed a day in all that time. Lately, I have been a crutch for most of my friends... My roomate burried his mom lat friday. An old friend has brain cancer. the roomates are no longer dating. and I seem to be the onbly sane person...now this.

Sounds like being a crutch for everyone probably didn't help. Stress can do that to you.

Hope you get better soon.

--------------------
Does he know our big secret?
Has one of us confessed?
'Bout the wires circuits and motors
Buried in our chest

Posts: 2465 | From: Utarrrrggggghhh!!!!!!!! | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
macmcseboy

Member # 1232

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted October 20, 2004 11:19      Profile for macmcseboy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Day 2

In the HAL 9000
"I feel much better now. Really I do"

Now that I have my much needed wonder drugs I am able to function somwhat normally. I can think straight and I don't have to worry about my nose dribbling everywhere.

Tommorow it's off to Nanaimo for an Onsite repair of a Xanté Colorlaser.

Many thank to all who put up with my crap yesterday

--------------------
Live long and prosper.

Cap'n Vic

Member # 1477

Icon 1 posted October 20, 2004 12:42      Profile for Cap'n Vic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by macmcseboy:
Day 2

In the HAL 9000
"I feel much better now. Really I do"

Now that I have my much needed wonder drugs I am able to function somwhat normally. I can think straight and I don't have to worry about my nose dribbling everywhere.

Tommorow it's off to Nanaimo for an Onsite repair of a Xanté Colorlaser.

Many thank to all who put up with my crap yesterday

Great, now stop before I create a thread entitled "Boil on my ass, day 1"

--------------------
(!) (T) = 8-D

Posts: 5471 | From: One of the drones from sector 7G | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture