homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Your News!   » :D Heya! (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: :D Heya!
Spoongirl
Uber Geek
Member # 2143

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 20, 2004 08:17      Profile for Spoongirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wonder how many people remember me? Not even sure how long ago it was I went away - I'll have to be all geeksome and look that up! [Razz]

Well, hiya. I find myself getting more bored by the minute, so here I am back again. [Big Grin] I'de say something like, so what's been going on, but Im sure there's too much to tell me!

If people could give me some major points, though, that'd be neat!! [Razz]

For the new ones... And goodness me, what a lot there are... I'm Spoongirl/Spoonie. Hi!! *waves manically*

Here's my original intro thing from many a moon ago

quote:

posted May 07, 2003 03:18

i'm spoongirl, and i get my name from my obsession with anything that has a funny sounding name. spoon, moose, oblong, noodle, antidisestablishmentarianism. oh the laughter never stops when you laugh at funny words! aha! aha! aha!

love from your friend in the biscuit tin, Spoongirl

Needless to say, i've grown up a little bit since then... hehehe... spoons... [Roll Eyes]

So, yeah! hi to the new ones, the less new ones, the ones I don't know and the ones I do! Feel free to introduce yourselves to me, I don't bite much. [Wink]

--------------------
"And we will call it... This Land..."

Posts: 901 | From: UK | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
drunkennewfiemidget
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 20, 2004 08:21      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome (back)! I'm a newbie since you were last here I imagine, since I've only been here since May or June, and haven't seen your posts.

A word to add to your list: flagellum.

Posts: 4897 | From: Cambridge, ON, Canada | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted August 20, 2004 08:22      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Who are you? [Big Grin]

Hee hee, welcome back Spoon!

Posts: 8100 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Spoongirl
Uber Geek
Member # 2143

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 20, 2004 08:26      Profile for Spoongirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Arf!? Don't scare me like that!! I thought that my presence here had been completely uneventful and that you were the first of many that would not remember me and I would feel like a fool and have to run away to Zimbabwe with a monkey.

Or something. [Big Grin] Good to be back, actually. [blush]

And hullo to the scarey-banana-person... [Eek!]

--------------------

Stereo

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 748

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 20, 2004 08:35      Profile for Stereo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey there, Spoongirl!

Let's see... You left after announcing you were going to marry. Since then, there's been a bit of rumble, many old-timers came back (some only for a visit, though), new people came in, and we had a lot of pun-fests. Yeah, I think that's about it. Nothing out of the ordinary, as you can see. [Wink]

Welcome back!

--------------------
Eppur, si muove!

Galileo Galilei

Posts: 2289 | From: Gatineau, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
Spoongirl
Uber Geek
Member # 2143

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 20, 2004 08:37      Profile for Spoongirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I'm going to try and not visit! i'll try and be here properly. [Smile]

And no, the marriage thing didn't work out.

*sits back and waits for torrents of "we told you so"* [Razz]

But it wasn't like that - I'm making a joke of it kinda, but...

--------------------

drunkennewfiemidget
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 20, 2004 09:20      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Spoongirl:
Arf!? Don't scare me like that!! I thought that my presence here had been completely ineventful and that you were the first of many that would not remember me and I would feel like a fool and have to run away to Zimbabwe with a monkey.

[Big Grin] I chose this particular avatar because it looks like a terribly scared "bananas in pajamas" and I loved that show up until I was.. wait.. I still love it. [Big Grin]
Posts: 4897 | From: Cambridge, ON, Canada | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
Spoongirl
Uber Geek
Member # 2143

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 20, 2004 10:28      Profile for Spoongirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nonononononono!! Frightening children's television!

Wark. *runs and hides*

[Big Grin] Apopalopagies, friend. But the manic bananas freaked one out a little as a kiddie.

--------------------

GMx

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 1523

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted August 20, 2004 10:36      Profile for GMx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome back! [Beard of Peter Gabriel!] [thumbsup]
Posts: 5844 | From: S-4, Area 51 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
punkpixie1984
Maximum Newbie
Member # 2898

Member Rated:
Icon 7 posted August 20, 2004 15:24      Profile for punkpixie1984     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello. I'm one of the newest ones. Welcome back (not that I knew you [Smile] )

--------------------
Weebles wobble but they don't fall down? Why, sir, I believe if you take a blowtorch to them you can melt them over. Proof that your product is faulty...

Posts: 16 | From: Merrie olde England | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged
DoctorWho

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 392

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 20, 2004 15:31      Profile for DoctorWho     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OMG she's back. [Eek!]

Time to get a SPOOOOOONGUUUAAAAARRRD
[Big Grin] [crazy] [Wink] [Razz]

Welcome back to the forums Spoongirl.

--------------------
Laughter is like changing a baby's diapers. It doesn't solve anything but it sure improves the situation. Leo F. Buscaglia

Posts: 1694 | From: The TARDIS | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
Ivan
Alpha Geek
Member # 2622

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 20, 2004 16:07      Profile for Ivan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by drunkennewfiemidget:
quote:
Originally posted by Spoongirl:
Arf!? Don't scare me like that!! I thought that my presence here had been completely ineventful and that you were the first of many that would not remember me and I would feel like a fool and have to run away to Zimbabwe with a monkey.

[Big Grin] I chose this particular avatar because it looks like a terribly scared "bananas in pajamas" and I loved that show up until I was.. wait.. I still love it. [Big Grin]
Oh, and here I was and thought it was the yellow line on a road.

Anyway, I can actually say welcome back, because you left just as I joined, so... Welcome Back!

But I may be mistake. Don't think so though.

Posts: 269 | From: North Carolina | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged
csk

Member # 1941

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 20, 2004 17:17      Profile for csk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Heya spoony, welcome back!
Posts: 4455 | From: Sydney, Australia | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Bibo
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 1959

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 20, 2004 22:20      Profile for Bibo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome back spoonie! I was just about to ask if "punkpixie1984" was you after the biscuit reference and some similarities in post style. [Wink]
Posts: 1641 | From: Grand Rapids, MI | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Spiderman

Solid Nitrozanium Superfan!
Member # 1609

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 20, 2004 23:46      Profile for Spiderman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Spoongirl!!

Good to see you back! [Smile]

--------------------
Math problems? Call 1-800-[(10x)(13i)^2]-[sin(xy)/2.362x]

Posts: 846 | From: Chicago | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Stibbons
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2515

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 21, 2004 03:40      Profile for Stibbons   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey spoonie, welcome home [Razz] Sorry to hear about the marriage business
Posts: 1141 | From: UK | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
Callipygous
Member # 2071

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 21, 2004 15:26      Profile for Callipygous     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sweet Spoons!

How lovely to have some more lyrical flying from you! I hope the marriage thing did not bring you down to earth with too much of a bump. Big bumps can hurt....

--------------------
"Knowledge is Power. France is Bacon" - Milton

Posts: 2922 | From: Brighton - UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
Too Cool To Quit
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2217

Icon 1 posted August 23, 2004 14:52      Profile for Too Cool To Quit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Babe! Welcome back! Funny how the whole thing with my girlfriend didn't work out, and the one with yon beau didn't either.

As luck would have it... I'm really bored, but really, really happy to see you come back.

/me smirks

--------------------
Alright now, that's the last straw, I'm calling the ass taxidermist to tell him to stop making hats in your size RIGHT NOW.

Posts: 1097 | From: North Carolina | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Cap'n Vic

Member # 1477

Icon 1 posted August 23, 2004 14:54      Profile for Cap'n Vic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Too Cool To Quit:
Hey Babe! Welcome back! Funny how the whole thing with my girlfriend didn't work out, and the one with yon beau didn't either.

As luck would have it... I'm really bored, but really, really happy to see you come back.

/me smirks

.....so now you like girls again?

--------------------
(!) (T) = 8-D

Posts: 5471 | From: One of the drones from sector 7G | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
Too Cool To Quit
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2217

Icon 10 posted August 23, 2004 15:34      Profile for Too Cool To Quit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, actually, I don't like chicks anymore because of my last girlfriend. But, I am still glad to see Spoony. She's a pretty close (online but you get the idea) friend of mine.

--------------------
Alright now, that's the last straw, I'm calling the ass taxidermist to tell him to stop making hats in your size RIGHT NOW.

Posts: 1097 | From: North Carolina | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Cap'n Vic

Member # 1477

Icon 1 posted August 23, 2004 17:21      Profile for Cap'n Vic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
No, actually, I don't like chicks anymore because of my last girlfriend. But, I am still glad to see Spoony. She's a pretty close (online but you get the idea) friend of mine.

Wot? Did your girlfriend have an affair with young poultry? [Eek!]

--------------------
(!) (T) = 8-D

Posts: 5471 | From: One of the drones from sector 7G | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 23, 2004 17:24      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Cap'n Vic:
quote:

Don't be such a goose !

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10668 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Ivan
Alpha Geek
Member # 2622

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 23, 2004 19:58      Profile for Ivan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Cap'n Vic:
quote:

Save your fowl remarks.
Posts: 269 | From: North Carolina | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged
Spiderman

Solid Nitrozanium Superfan!
Member # 1609

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 23, 2004 20:26      Profile for Spiderman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
These puns are irritating me...stop ruffling my feathers. [Razz]

--------------------
Math problems? Call 1-800-[(10x)(13i)^2]-[sin(xy)/2.362x]

Posts: 846 | From: Chicago | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 23, 2004 20:33      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, btw - welcome back Spoonie.
Nice of you to duck in and say hello.

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10668 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture