homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Your News!   » Euro 2004, a feast of football... (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Author Topic: Euro 2004, a feast of football...
Callipygous
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2071

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 02, 2004 17:21      Profile for Callipygous     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
and we now have a worthy song for the occasion, from those badgers.

Hurrah!

--------------------
"Knowledge is Power. France is Bacon" - Milton

Posts: 2922 | From: Brighton - UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 02, 2004 18:50      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, that was oddly compelling.

woo-hoo - England 8, Other: 0!!!

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9332 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
spungo
Member # 1089

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 03, 2004 07:05      Profile for spungo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Never. I'm sure that badger was offside.

--------------------
Shameless plug. (Please forgive me.)

Posts: 6529 | From: Noba Scoba | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
Tyler Durden
Highlie
Member # 1545

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 16, 2004 00:34      Profile for Tyler Durden     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I noticed the badgers had a diamond in the midfield. You watching Sven?!?! [Wink]

Greece/Spain and Portugal/Russia today, with all important England/Switzerland tomorrow for anyone else paying attention.

--------------------
that's it sir, you're leaving...the crackle of pig skin...the dust and the screaming...the yuppies networking
the panic...the vomit...the panic...the vomit
god loves his children...god loves his children...yeah

Posts: 682 | From: DFW, TX | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
spungo
Member # 1089

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 16, 2004 06:54      Profile for spungo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thought Sweden were awesome (good ol' Henrik - all those doubters of his that said he wasn't any good 'cos he only played against the likes of Dunfermline and Aberdeen - well, they're eating their idiot words, now).

It's all or bust against the Swiss... I just wish they'd ditch Calamity James. [Smile]

--------------------

priscilch
Mini Geek
Member # 2727

Icon 1 posted June 16, 2004 10:30      Profile for priscilch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow. Definitely funny!

I love how one part of england consists of "ninjas and lasers and stuff"

Posts: 53 | From: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Too Cool To Quit
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2217

Icon 1 posted June 16, 2004 11:30      Profile for Too Cool To Quit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by priscilch:
Wow. Definitely funny!

ninjas and lasers and gold

--------------------
Alright now, that's the last straw, I'm calling the ass taxidermist to tell him to stop making hats in your size RIGHT NOW.

Posts: 1097 | From: North Carolina | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
spungo
Member # 1089

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 16, 2004 11:36      Profile for spungo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Are you sure it isn't "lasers", he asks, acting out the double quotes. 'Mini me - stop humping the "laser"'. [Wink]

--------------------

priscilch
Mini Geek
Member # 2727

Icon 1 posted June 16, 2004 13:47      Profile for priscilch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally quoted by Too Cool To Quit: ninjas and lasers and gold
So that's what it is! Gold. Sweet...
Posts: 53 | From: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
spungo
Member # 1089

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 16, 2004 13:51      Profile for spungo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love the other descriptions... Ireland = "Guinness and fighting", Wales = "Sheep and dirt".

--------------------

Allan
SuperFan!
Member # 1717

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 16, 2004 14:39      Profile for Allan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Spungo, you forgot "Haggis and Scotch Eggs", how could you forget the Scotch Eggs?????
Posts: 1280 | From: Edinburgh, Scotland / Frankfurt, Germany | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
spungo
Member # 1089

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 16, 2004 14:46      Profile for spungo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, I just thought that was a bit too crass.

So, Allan - have you got a Swiss flag at the ready, then? [Wink]

--------------------

nekomatic
SuperFan!
Member # 376

Member Rated:
Icon 2 posted June 17, 2004 06:37      Profile for nekomatic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by priscilch:

That'll be the England part of England, as opposed to, say, the Scotland part of England, I take it... [Roll Eyes]
Posts: 822 | From: Manchester, UK | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
Tyler Durden
Highlie
Member # 1545

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 17, 2004 11:17      Profile for Tyler Durden     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
England defeat the Swiss 3-0, but they had a very subpar game. The Swiss actually dominated most of the game (5 corners to England's zero), but Wayne Rooney made the most of his opportunities with Gerrard capping it with the third.

The all important France/Croatia game in a few minutes...

--------------------
that's it sir, you're leaving...the crackle of pig skin...the dust and the screaming...the yuppies networking
the panic...the vomit...the panic...the vomit
god loves his children...god loves his children...yeah

Posts: 682 | From: DFW, TX | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
Number 2608
Mini Geek
Member # 2608

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted June 17, 2004 11:59      Profile for Number 2608     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm not sure that football is actually allowable in Europe. Shouldn't it be 305mm-ball?

Anyway, England matches going on at 5pm are a good thing. Road home this evening on an empty bus without any traffic jams [Smile] .

Posts: 82 | From: Leeds, UK | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged
Cap'n Vic

Member # 1477

Icon 1 posted June 17, 2004 12:07      Profile for Cap'n Vic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know much about soccer/football....but I was reading about how the Greek team was coming up from the rear [Eek!]

--------------------
(!) (T) = 8-D

Posts: 5471 | From: One of the drones from sector 7G | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
supergoo

SuperFan!
Member # 2280

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 17, 2004 15:40      Profile for supergoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was in Leicester square just a few days ago when England lost to France...every soccer hooligan and his brother were throwing bottles, running around with england flags and mooning random people...
Does Euro 2004 come on anywhere in the states? I wanna watch it!

--------------------
Y los sueños, sueños son.

Posts: 675 | From: Boston 'burbs | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
Callipygous
Member # 2071

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 17, 2004 16:38      Profile for Callipygous     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The best news of the competition so far is that.....

the football badgers now have their very own web site.

A well deserved result.

--------------------
"Knowledge is Power. France is Bacon" - Milton

Posts: 2922 | From: Brighton - UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
fishd
Mini Geek
Member # 2416

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 18, 2004 00:25      Profile for fishd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's cool... those badgers crack me up!

And for once, we have a football song about England instead of some place I can never find on a map.... where is our obviously twin nation "Inger-Land" ??? [shake head]

--------------------
--
Yeah, what he said... but funnier.

Posts: 59 | From: Cheshire, UK | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged
Stibbons
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2515

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 18, 2004 07:54      Profile for Stibbons   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Number 2608:
England matches going on at 5pm are a good thing. Road home this evening on an empty bus without any traffic jams [Smile] .

Agreed. After a set of very stressful exams (6 and a bit hours in one day [cry baby] ) I really wasn't looking forward to the busy bus journey home. However the only person on either of the buses apart from the driver was me, and they got to where they were going much quicker than usual because there were virtually no cars on the road. And I didn't see a single person in Halton (scary part of Leeds) when I changed over [thumbsup]
Posts: 1143 | From: UK | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
macmcseboy

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 1232

Member Rated:
Icon 7 posted June 18, 2004 13:40      Profile for macmcseboy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
News flash... for those of you who can get canadian TV... TSN is the place for Euro 2004 coverage. So anyone along the border wo actually get Canadian TV coverage might just be able to watch....

--------------------
Live long and prosper.

Posts: 1139 | From: Victoria BC... | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
spungo
Member # 1089

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 19, 2004 05:15      Profile for spungo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Cap'n Vic:
I don't know much about soccer/football....but I was reading about how the Greek team was coming up from the rear [Eek!]

Yeah, and the Italians are very good at going down in the box.

...whilst one or two of the English are only known for their dribbling.

--------------------

Jimmy Watson
Newbie Larva
Member # 2796

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted June 19, 2004 13:47      Profile for Jimmy Watson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Its great being Scottish. For a start our team is crap and never gets through. Seccondley we border the English so we can slag them off over the border. And before you say that England gets through and Scotland never gets through think about it. No Scot Ever says we will get through yet the English seem confident of victory. The scots know they are trash but England think they are good but are crap

--------------------
There is a saying: Rules are made to be broken
There is another saying: People who break the rules are usually shot

Posts: 7 | From: Scotland | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
Allan
SuperFan!
Member # 1717

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 19, 2004 15:53      Profile for Allan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's shite being Scottish! We're the lowest of the low, the scum of the fucking earth. The most wretched, miserable, servile, pathetic trash that was ever shat into civilization. Some people hate the English. I don't, they're just wankers, we, on the other hand, are colonised by wankers. Can't even find a decent culture to be colonised by, we're ruled by effete arseholes. It's a shite state of affairs to be in, Tommy and all the fresh air in the world won't make any fucking difference.
Posts: 1280 | From: Edinburgh, Scotland / Frankfurt, Germany | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 19, 2004 16:06      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jimmy Watson:
No Scot Ever says we will get through yet the English seem confident of victory. The scots know they are trash but England think they are good but are crap

/me remembers the '94 World Cup when I was living in London. England were in the competition, and all my English workmates were revved up and confident of victory against ...... wait for it ..... Brazil.

Sad really, very very sad.

(for the benefit of those who don't follow the game, Brazil are the supermen of football, the Sao Paulo under 16s would be more than a match for England)

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10680 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture