homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Your News!   » eWeek offers debate: Should Apple quit producing Macintosh computers?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: eWeek offers debate: Should Apple quit producing Macintosh computers?
eDJ
Geek
Member # 1950

Icon 2 posted May 11, 2004 14:51      Profile for eDJ     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just when you've learned about Mac's and what they offer a PC user...purchased a couple even the idea that Apple should quit..cease and desist..even producing Mac's is advanced. Certainly this notion has its critics but if anyone would wish to behold the debate, then here
is a link:

Wither Apple?

In a column, Ziff Davis Internet's Editor in Chief Jim Louderback offers that "Apple's time in that market has come and gone."

Analyst Rob Enderel offers his appraisal of Apple
and eWeek's senior editor Sean Gallagher sees
a different path for Apple.

See what you think.

eDJ

--------------------
I don't give a shit...I don't take any shit. I'm not in the shit business.

Posts: 131 | From: Ohio | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Bibo
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 1959

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 11, 2004 15:54      Profile for Bibo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have better things to debate such as who's the better captain Kirk or Picard [Razz]

How many times can the Press beat a dead horse with the Apple is dying story? [Roll Eyes]

Posts: 1641 | From: Grand Rapids, MI | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
GMx

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 1523

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 11, 2004 17:02      Profile for GMx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ziff-Davis and CNet are notoriously anti-Apple, so I don't listen to anything they have to say. Rob Enderle is just plain stupid. His predictions for Apple are always wildly off the mark and he shows his ignorance of the company often. MacObserver columnist Bryan Chaffin is mopping the floor with the idiot in a debate called Mac Death Match at Mac News World.

By the way: Sisko is the best Captain! [Razz]

Posts: 5848 | From: S-4, Area 51 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
Tut-an-Geek

SuperFan!
Member # 1234

Icon 1 posted May 11, 2004 17:34      Profile for Tut-an-Geek   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think it was Robb "Prisonguy" Capps (Now of wired, previously of MA before it stunk) who said it best - "Our editors can beat up your editors" - Then took a video camera and went looking for the afformentioned editors, to beat them up. Taht's what someone should do to this moron who says that the time for apple is up.
Number 2608
Mini Geek
Member # 2608

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted May 12, 2004 01:02      Profile for Number 2608     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I have better things to debate such as who's the better captain Kirk or Picard
Kirk.

quote:
How many times can the Press beat a dead horse with the Apple is dying story?
At least 39.
Posts: 82 | From: Leeds, UK | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture