homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Your News!   » Well I was nearly abducted but how are you? (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Well I was nearly abducted but how are you?
Katie
Geek
Member # 2502

Member Rated:
Icon 2 posted May 01, 2004 00:32      Profile for Katie   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This happened about 10 minutes ago.I was just walking home at about 12:00am (which is the time I always walk home)after hanging out with some friends.Now you may say this is too late for a 13 year old but I live on a military base.Anyway this group of guys about 25 or so in a car rolled by at about 25 then as they where already half way down the street road backwards right next to me and started hassling me to get in the car even after I told them I was only 13.They were asking me were I lived and offered a ride and I said no to everything until they drove off.It was so creepy because the guys were looking me up and down and *shudders*.I am seriously rethinking leaving my house at night again,like this is a wake up call.I dunno I just need someone to talk to about it

--------------------
I am not the type of person to do shamless plugging,how dare you
http://freewebs.com/lordofmuffins

Posts: 183 | From: Florida land of the retired | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
Katie
Geek
Member # 2502

Member Rated:
Icon 2 posted May 01, 2004 01:00      Profile for Katie   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wouldn't be so shaken if this haddened already happened before,I mean I already have to deal with pressures to help everyone,school,student council,family,added to my love life and then on top of that every couple times I go out I get hit on by guys that are either complete pervs or too old or both.Even today I got the moves put on me during math!I mean I know I am lucky that I am still even alive typing this right now since some guys don't take no for an answer.I just honestly don't know what to do anymore.It was just after I had everything in place and something like this happens.I am sick of this face sometimes and all the things it causes.I don't think I am even that pretty but guys seem to think diffrently and I can't say the attention isn't nice sometimes but it's getting more serious each time.Aaarrrgggg for the first time in my life I honestly don't know what to do with all of this mess!

--------------------

Posts: 183 | From: Florida land of the retired | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
aberrantgeek
Geek
Member # 2336

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 01, 2004 05:52      Profile for aberrantgeek   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
damn you were nearly abducted? oh yeah im fine. Well the curse of beauty aye? or the curse of perverted guys...or the curse of old perverted guys who can't get any loving in their own age bracket so they have start hitting on younger and younger girls, ive got a couple friends like that. "dude dude check out that chick" "you mean that one? she looks like she is 10 years old" "no no see shes walking to her car she can drive man" ::girl gets into the car with her mother:: "yeah". Anyway these kind of situations are a perfect excuse to get a taser. I'm not talking about the little ones you use on soda machines and electric locks im talking about the ones that shoot the little metal hooks out and paralyzes the guy. Even I want one, its like "hey evan whats up I was like playing DDR yesturday and I like passed butterfly on lite man I am m4s73r l33t" ::taser:: "you play bass right well I play bass but I only play crappy simplistic new rock, dude I was like playing" ::taser:: anyway I hope you feel better soon. I as well have been experiencing much problems lately. none of which involve being hit on by older women.

--------------------
"Everyone's life sucks" -Jerry Seinfield

AIM SN=aberrantgeek

Posts: 106 | From: South Carolina | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
supergoo

SuperFan!
Member # 2280

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 01, 2004 07:48      Profile for supergoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Katie that's awful! Don't blame yourself for being who you are--those guys who harassed you were probably drunk. If they weren't, then they have problems of their own.

--------------------
Y los sueños, sueños son.

Posts: 675 | From: Boston 'burbs | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
Orpheus
Highlie
Member # 2397

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 01, 2004 09:06      Profile for Orpheus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good argument to learn a martial art eh? Many males seem to fail to learn self control or good judgement. Plus hormones play havoc with boy brains too, not an excuse but it doesn't help.

Anyway, very glad to hear you're safe, might think about that martial art or self defense class to keep it that way. Sucks there are people in the world that make it necessary, just be careful and make your feelings clear.

--------------------
my cats make me crazy

Posts: 554 | From: Galveston, TX | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged
Xanthine

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 01, 2004 10:10      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It really sucks when a place you think is safe turns out not to be. I second what Orpheus said, and, if that's not feasible, carry a whistle and some mace.

Would it be possible to start getting rides home from someone you trust or at least having someone walk with you? Is there a Night Ride/Walk service on the base? I know college campuses have such services, but I've never been on a military base so I could be very wrong.

Is there someone you can report this to?

Posts: 7670 | From: the lab | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Katie
Geek
Member # 2502

Member Rated:
Icon 2 posted May 01, 2004 13:02      Profile for Katie   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually I feel kinda bad about it because there is a base curfew for minors(which is 10:00)but my friends and I always stay out later.I mean that's the time we have the most fun.And about martial arts classes I took the RAD(rape agression defense) class awhile ago but when it really comes down to it I just froze and forgot everythign I was taught it was hard just to mangage to say no.The first time something like this happen I was like "Well it already happned so it'll never happen again right?" but after last night(this morning) I am having doubts about leaving the house.
And ofcourse all of this happened on my mother's birthday...

--------------------

Amber
Maximum Newbie
Member # 2681

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 01, 2004 13:20      Profile for Amber   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OMG!! KATIE!!

You little dyke. You should have told me that. (Yeah I'm the friend) Now I got to walk to you house before I go home...WHAT FUN?! -_- But wow! Katie didn't we walk about these "problem"? haha.
*spaces out* BRAIN, heh sorry. OMG! Your talkign about Math class, did you ever tell about Computer class, or Science Class. You flithy whore. lol [devil wand]

--------------------
I'm Rich James...The spaceship is coming...O.o http://freewebs.com/beyondtheboundaries

Posts: 16 | From: The hell called Arizona | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Katie
Geek
Member # 2502

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 01, 2004 13:25      Profile for Katie   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How was I suppossed to tell you.It happened at right after we started walking home.And the math class thing was with derek all class he was trying to get into my pants [tired]
Anyways I'll be fine walking alone without you walking with me I am no prize item that is going to be stolen as soon as someone lets their guard down.Besides if we did that then you'd be walking home alone.

--------------------

Amber
Maximum Newbie
Member # 2681

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 01, 2004 13:28      Profile for Amber   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wouldn't be abucted. I'm ugly lol. Ihave a low self-esteam. I know it was with Derek, but Science class. *shudders* I was sitting right in front of you *shudders*

--------------------
I'm Rich James...The spaceship is coming...O.o http://freewebs.com/beyondtheboundaries

Katie
Geek
Member # 2502

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 01, 2004 13:30      Profile for Katie   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Your not ugly amber!yesh and the thing about science class is an entirely diffrent story...

--------------------

Amber
Maximum Newbie
Member # 2681

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 01, 2004 13:33      Profile for Amber   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
...RIGHT. PROM PICTURES!!! HAHAHAHAHA!! OMG!
But you know I wouldn't be abducted, or even tried to be abducted. -_-

--------------------

dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 01, 2004 17:33      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Like, oh my gawd!

Children, can we please take this outside? Or maybe if we want to stay inside, to the rompus room?

(Or will that result in a tickle/pillow fight? [evil] )

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9332 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Katie
Geek
Member # 2502

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 01, 2004 17:41      Profile for Katie   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh I know where dragonman's mind is

--------------------

The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 01, 2004 17:42      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by dragonman97:
Like, oh my gawd!

Children, can we please take this outside? Or maybe if we want to stay inside, to the rompus room?

(Or will that result in a tickle/pillow fight? [evil] )

Yes, this is a forum for mature discussions, like bad unix puns, Spungos bovine obsession, what various people had for lunch .......

on second thoughts, you girls are fitting in well, carry on.

<creepy-old-man>
Tickle fights ... hmmmmmmmmm......
</creepy-old-man>

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10680 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Xanthine

Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 01, 2004 18:46      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's an ovine obsession TFD - unless spungo switched species preference while no one was looking.

--------------------
And it's one, two, three / On the wrong side of the lee / What were you meant for? / What were you meant for?
- The Decemberists

Amber
Maximum Newbie
Member # 2681

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 01, 2004 18:52      Profile for Amber   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I see it too..no no just no.
Maybe he meant divine....

--------------------

Xanthine

Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 01, 2004 19:36      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Divine? spungo? [Eek!]

Methinks you need to spend some time lurking...

--------------------
And it's one, two, three / On the wrong side of the lee / What were you meant for? / What were you meant for?
- The Decemberists

Alan!
Geek
Member # 1261

Icon 10 posted May 01, 2004 22:02      Profile for Alan!     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by aberrantgeek:
...im talking about the ones that shoot the little metal hooks out and paralyzes the guy. Even I want one, its like "hey evan whats up I was like playing DDR yesturday and I like passed butterfly on lite man I am m4s73r l33t" ::taser:: "you play bass right"...

LMAO!!!

--------------------
Alan!

Two rabbis, a priest, and an awkward silence after there's no intelligible punch line to this joke, walk into a bar.

Posts: 219 | From: Perth, Western Australia | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
supergoo

SuperFan!
Member # 2280

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 01, 2004 22:51      Profile for supergoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
butterfly? i had this version by DJ mystik and the tag said something about being on DDR. It's quite possibly the most annoying yet most addicting song ever, IMHO. Actually, anything by DJ Mystik is annoying/catchy/addicting.
</hijack>

--------------------
Y los sueños, sueños son.

Posts: 675 | From: Boston 'burbs | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
Jace Raven

Member # 2444

Icon 1 posted May 02, 2004 15:43      Profile for Jace Raven         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would have to say that DJ Mystic's Thunder in Paradise is one of his best song. But butterfly is not originally done by DJ Mystic, at least not the DDR version. IIRC that would be by Naoki.
gapstr
Single Celled Newbie
Member # 2689

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted May 03, 2004 02:22      Profile for gapstr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Katie:
...this group of guys about 25 or so in a car ... started hassling me to get in the car even after I told them I was only 13.They were asking me were I lived and offered a ride and I said no to everything until they drove off.It was so creepy because the guys were looking me up and down and *shudders*.I am seriously rethinking leaving my house at night again,like this is a wake up call.I dunno I just need someone to talk to about it

Katie,

I can understand your need to talk about this, but I hope the first people you told were your parents. If not, please tell them right now! If I could make one other suggestion to you, I would not have recommended talking to those guys at all, except perhaps to say, once: "No. Leave me alone or I will call the police." Then if they do not leave, get out your cell phone , start walking toward the nearest public place where there other people and call the police while you're walking there. Tell the police where you are, describe the car, give the license plate number and describe the occupants if you can. If the men in the car see this they'll probably take off immediately, which is what you want, but the police will still be watching out for them.

If you don't have a cell phone for when you are alone at night, please see if you can borrow one. If you can't get one, get somethng that will look like a cell phone and let them see you pretending to call the police as you walk away. Cell phones are so small now that almost any little object might be mistaken for one in the dark. I once took out a box of dental floss that I had in my pocket, tapped on it as if pressing buttons, then held it up on my cheek by my ear as if it were a phone and started talking to the "police" , saying where I was and describing a group of trespassers near my place of employment who immediately decided to go somewhere else. Something like that would probably work just as well for you, but really calling the police on a real phone if you think you're in danger is the better option if available.

I hope you never find yourself in this situation again, but if so, don't talk to those or any similar strange men again. Especially don't tell them any personal information, such as your name or age. "Beware of Stranger Danger" is one of those things they drill into us in kindergarten so much that we sometimes laugh it off and ignore it when we're older, but it's good advice.

Yours Sincerely,

A. Gapstr.

Posts: 2 | From: Just south of the Cheddar Curtain | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
greycat

Member # 945

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 03, 2004 05:48      Profile for greycat   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Am I the only one here who thinks that a 13 year old shouldn't be walking around outside alone at midnight?
Posts: 1522 | From: Ohio, USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
BellaDonna
Geek
Member # 2123

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 03, 2004 07:04      Profile for BellaDonna     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
greycat: no you're not.

Katie: You mentioned that the base has a curfew of 10pm for minors, which is obviously there for situations just like your's. I know you say that past 10 is when you and your friends have the most fun, but why and is it worth being abducted/raped/killed for? If you don't want to give up hanging out with your friends past 10pm then stay at someone's house or any of the other suggestions listed above.

--------------------
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
- Albert Einstein

Katie
Geek
Member # 2502

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 03, 2004 16:24      Profile for Katie   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for all the suggestions,I do carry a cellphone and onyl told them my age because I have been told that I look older than I actually am I thought maybe if they knew I was jailbait they would leave.And I also know I shouldn't be out past 10 but there just something all to alluring about it.But I will try and obey my curfew after that little fright

--------------------

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture