homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Your News!   » FW: Arial photography of Ryongchon blast

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: FW: Arial photography of Ryongchon blast
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 9 posted April 29, 2004 21:41      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/world/dprk/ryongchon-imagery_comp01.htm

and
http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/world/dprk/ryongchon-imagery.htm

Posts: 8100 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Jace Raven

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 2444

Icon 1 posted April 30, 2004 00:11      Profile for Jace Raven         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I used to play an online RPG called Global Politics. It was a forum based game with extremly realistic qualities. It was primarily a political game and we had forums of treaties, military orders, economics and general political settings.

It was a just about as real as you could get it and many of the players are extremely at the RP part of the game.

Anyway, to my point. Such a game provided a person with more of an insight to covert operations and its relevance towards politics. There would occasionally be events such as these in which it looks like an accident to the general public, but for DPRK, there is most likely more behind this than Kim Jong iII is saying publicaly.

Something to consider here is the recent developments of nuclear reactors in the DPRK and their advancement towards WMD.

The main jist of this post is to not only look deeper into such activities, but to also think about what two men in an office may have to gain by such things happening (politics). This is usually how conspiracy theories become generated, and it can happen easily, the only thing to remember is that we do not know what really happened and only what the press is telling us. We could be the pawns (and most likely are) to a very large game of chess.

Something to consider here; this explosion has had extreme devestation on its fingers and a great impact on the general public (of DPRK) ideas toward the further development of nuclear parefenillia, who has the motive/interest in causing such a travesty to happen. Somethign else to point out, the border between N. Korea and china is extremely vast and unguarded. Makes for an easy insertion and extraction of troops if needed.

Gibbonboy
Geek
Member # 2426

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 30, 2004 03:11      Profile for Gibbonboy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm just ticked that I spent the whole morning yesterday collecting crappy digital orthophotos of our county for our new mapping system. The state ran out of money for 1/2-foot color images, so we're stuck with 1 meter black and white orthos. Then I see beautiful, sharp color imagery of North Korea. Maybe if we had a "train explosion", they will take good aerial photos of us. [shake head]

--------------------
"It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here."

Posts: 155 | From: A Very Small Hole in the Forest | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged
Flashfire
Assimilated
Member # 2616

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 30, 2004 10:29      Profile for Flashfire   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Gibbonboy:
I'm just ticked that I spent the whole morning yesterday collecting crappy digital orthophotos of our county for our new mapping system. The state ran out of money for 1/2-foot color images, so we're stuck with 1 meter black and white orthos. Then I see beautiful, sharp color imagery of North Korea. Maybe if we had a "train explosion", they will take good aerial photos of us. [shake head]

Just threaten Washington DC with nuclear attack and you'll have more aerial and satellite cameras in your area than you know what to do with...

--------------------
"No silicon heaven? That's absurd!
Where would all the calculators go?"
--Kryten, Red Dwarf
-------------------------------
My Web Comic: NSTA: Semper Vigilantis

Posts: 368 | From: State of Denial | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture