homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Your News!   » new Photo Gallery is up (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Author Topic: new Photo Gallery is up
snupy
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1211

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted April 21, 2004 13:15      Profile for snupy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi, Hey-U! I was just getting ready to email you-how weird!!
Posts: 4269 | From: UK, via Chicago | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted April 21, 2004 13:15      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hi snupy! i can grab 'em ... thanks!
Posts: 8111 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
uilleann
Discontinued

Icon 1 posted April 21, 2004 13:16            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He can find out, Xanthine, by all the methods stated earlier which I will repeat for your convenience – e-mail, instant messaging, UBB private messaging, or by just asking anyone like dragonman, Taco, firesnake, Shinaku, Tut – anyone he knows in IRC who knows me. It really isn’t that hard to find me – but I am not going to sit reading every forum post just in case he has a new plan for one of the satellite pages I host; nor was I under the impression that he entertained nick change requests for anyone.

I do not expect to be informed of changes to the site that don’t directly concern me (like you suggested that I was expecting) as that would be silly, but I do expect to be informed when someone wishes to take over from me regarding a service I offer, so that I can carry out my side of that changeover effectively.

I am not sure why I expect anyone to understand simple things like being properly informed and counted in instead of being ignored any more (and I was back in IRC a few days before the new gallery went up – plenty of time for Snaggy to speak up). But then, I rarely hang around the forums any more as I have no place here – I simply continue my task of looking after the satellite pages as is my duty, and am still perfectly contactable (I have e-mail notification for UBB PMs turned on, and a valid, publicly accessable e-mail address posted to UBB that I check very regularly).

*sigh* I doubt I will ever know why Snaggy didn’t bother, but the transfer is complete so I give up. Just someone tell me when you’re done with the rest of the stuff on my server, sheez.

IP: Logged
hey-U
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2128

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 21, 2004 13:21      Profile for hey-U     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
wrong place, try
www.blogger.com

Posts: 1263 | From: London | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
sconzey
Assimilated
Member # 2347

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 21, 2004 13:29      Profile for sconzey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Um, I'm with Uillean on this one. The guy was hosting the gallery on his own server out of the kindness of his heart, the least someone could do was tell him...

/me donns asbestos paraphenalia.

On the flip side, that's all happened. There is nothing we can do to change it, so lets take the best of the present and move onto the future.

--------------------
"Violence is the last resort of the incompetent."
--Isaac Asimov

Posts: 490 | From: UK | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
cheezi git
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 1598

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 21, 2004 13:54      Profile for cheezi git     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by snupy:

hi snups
/everyone starts waving

--------------------
there were so many stains on the road. squashed miss mitten-shaped stains in the universe. squashed frog-shaped stains in the universe. squashed crows that tried to eat the squashed frog-shaped stains in the universe. squashed dogs...

Posts: 1929 | From: the left nostril of my cat | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
hey-U
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2128

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 21, 2004 13:56      Profile for hey-U     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yo cheez meister!!!
[Big Grin]

Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 21, 2004 14:27      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
oh for the love of kittens... [Roll Eyes]

uilleann, you've known since before day one, that I've wanted to host a Photo Gallery on our site. Thanks again for going ahead and making your own, everyone appreciated it, as did we, hence our link to it.

I apologize for not informing you in advance that i was actually working on our version. I had some time after moving our server, and we now have lots of bandwidth, so I decided it was a good time to do it. I saw on IRC scroll-back that you knew about it from my Forum post a few days ago... hence my mistaken perception that it was no big deal, hence no email from me informing you of an Official Change of Status of your link.

I knew there would be a bug or two, no doubt there still is, and yep, i did have a bit more tweaking to do after it went public.
Any mistakes i made wouldn't have been such an issue if you'd kept your photo gallery up instead of removing it almost immediately after ours went public. [ohwell]

So to sum up, thanks again for doing your Photo Album, and sorry again if I offended your Photo Album honour.

[tired]

Callipygous
Member # 2071

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 21, 2004 14:54      Profile for Callipygous     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The real shame Uilly is you cannot see how unintentionally funny these posts of yours are. You know that all this stuff about smooth transitions is a load of hogwash. It's your bruised ego that is the real problem, and your self righteous tone only makes it funnier. You say you want respect from people here, but in general you are absurdly prickly, fairly insulting and quite dismissive of the rest of us, at the same time as you complain of loneliness and despair. Don't you think the two things might be connected? As Nitro said quit whining, and sometime why not take a day trip over here to planet Earth and try to learn to have a little light hearted fun. It won't kill you.

--------------------
"Knowledge is Power. France is Bacon" - Milton

Posts: 2922 | From: Brighton - UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 21, 2004 15:06      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know I left that Cosmic Bong around here somewhere ......

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10680 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
snupy
Member # 1211

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 21, 2004 15:36      Profile for snupy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by cheezi git:
quote:
Originally posted by snupy:

hi snups
/everyone starts waving

Hi, Cheezi...hmmm....wonder where you are today.... [Wink] [Big Grin]
Posts: 4269 | From: UK, via Chicago | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
uilleann
Discontinued

Icon 1 posted April 21, 2004 15:36            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As it happens, Callipygous, I was not impressed in the least to see the new one with missing photos, which was so avoidable (and that it takes an age to render the pages of the new system, but that’s not my concern). And I was not aware of any intention to ever have a photo album here before I had the idea and made mine, although I did know that there were plans to relocate mine eventually to the official server, as well as the IRC pages. I don’t have a problem with the album being moved, not at all – I have a problem with being tossed aside and then seeing stuff go wrong as a result.

It's alienating to know that (bar about two people, both British I think so that's nice) no-one understands how I feel, but then, I expect too much anyhow. But this topic is pointless; I don’t intend to return to it.

IP: Logged
Nitrozac

Benevolent Dictator!
Member # 111

Member Rated:
Icon 2 posted April 21, 2004 15:46      Profile for Nitrozac   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh poopie! I lost my own bet. [cry baby]
defiant
Geek
Member # 2225

Icon 1 posted April 21, 2004 17:30      Profile for defiant     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
don't cry Nitrozac… there is time for everything… even jerks [Wink]
Posts: 190 | From: Switzerland | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged
Xanthine

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 21, 2004 17:45      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, but why jerk-time and party-time have to coincide is beyond me. [Frown]

--------------------
And it's one, two, three / On the wrong side of the lee / What were you meant for? / What were you meant for?
- The Decemberists

Posts: 7670 | From: the lab | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Rednivek

Member # 1148

Icon 1 posted April 21, 2004 18:23      Profile for Rednivek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Uilleann...

Why not email Snaggy if you expected him to email you?

--------------------
Rednivek - Detroit, Michigan, USA

Posts: 714 | From: Detroit/Windsor | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
Xanthine

Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 21, 2004 19:53      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Because Red, the world revovles around uilleann. Get it right. Geez. [Roll Eyes] [Razz]

--------------------
And it's one, two, three / On the wrong side of the lee / What were you meant for? / What were you meant for?
- The Decemberists

spungo
Member # 1089

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 22, 2004 03:19      Profile for spungo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by hey-U:
Careful sistah, I *am* a Page 3 model now, y'know! (Sorry, obscure UK specific reference to a tabloid newspaper in which Page 3 is/ was traditionally mostly given over to a gratuitous photo of a (usually) topless female "glamour" model)

Everyone sing along: "Get yer tits oot - get yer tits oot - get yer tits oot fer the lads!"

--------------------
Shameless plug. (Please forgive me.)

Posts: 6529 | From: Noba Scoba | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
hey-U
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2128

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 22, 2004 04:06      Profile for hey-U     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by spungo:
[QUOTE]Everyone sing along: "Get yer tits oot - get yer tits oot - get yer tits oot fer the lads!"

You are a cheeky boy...
[evil] [Big Grin]

Callipygous
Member # 2071

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 22, 2004 04:14      Profile for Callipygous     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by uilleann:
It's alienating to know that (bar about two people, both British I think so that's nice) no-one understands how I feel, but then, I expect too much anyhow. But this topic is pointless; I don’t intend to return to it.

I don't know why I am bothering with this as you never listen to opinions that contradict yours, but underneath your prickly exterior you occasionally give us an unwitting glimpse of a fairly decent kind chap, so here goes anyway.

We do understand you, but we disagree with you, which is a difference you seem unable to comprehend. "No one understands me" is the archetypal cry of the 14 year old self absorbed teenager. They get over it by reaching out to other people, when they realise how arid it is sitting in a pool of their own misery. You say that you no longer belong here, that is because you talk at people, not to them. You only value opinions that reinforce your own (however mistaken they may be), and your particular twisted outlook on life. This arrogance of yours is almost certainly a cover for your deep insecurities, but there is no point in having a shield so impenetrable that it denies the possibility of any human warmth penetrating it, and far more importantly the possibility of change and emotional growth. You cannot enjoy being stuck with the emotional maturity and solipsistic outlook of a 14 year old. Unless you shake yourself out of this cage of your own making, it is also difficult not to head ultimately on a downward spiral. Your despair and depression will tend to get worse and worse and your capacity for sharing warmth and love will slowly ossify as you withdraw further and further from the world, until you either get professional help, or top yourself. At the very least I predict an interesting mid life crisis for you in your forties!

Remember "I wasted time until time wasted me".

Good luck.

--------------------

csk

Member # 1941

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 22, 2004 05:32      Profile for csk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You know, uilleann, this whole situation saddens me. It seems a shame to me that your return to the forums (well starting posting again, anyway) is under these sort of circumstances. I agree it would have been courteous to let you know about the new photo gallery, but that didn't happen. Surely it's not the end of the world, you know about it now, so that should be the end of it, yes?

But I'm more concerned with the whole "I don't have a place here" about the forums. You haven't been around the forums much of late, but that's been your choice. I know that when you were posting, at least some of us were trying to understand where you were coming from (well, I was anyway, speaking for myself). And I can honestly say that I've missed having you around and posting. Why not think about sticking around?

Of course, you could just keep going the way that you are currently going. I'm just sad that a large part of the isolation that you're describing in your posts is self inflicted.

--------------------
6 weeks to go!

Posts: 4455 | From: Sydney, Australia | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
DoctorWho

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 392

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted April 27, 2004 14:59      Profile for DoctorWho     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I see you got my photo Snaggy. You are a fast worker. I like the jump to image box. Great for quick navigating.
Posts: 1694 | From: The TARDIS | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
Xanthine

Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 27, 2004 15:34      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He's only fast when he likes the picture. [Razz]

Just kidding Snaggy. [Smile]

--------------------
- The Decemberists

Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 27, 2004 15:42      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hee hee Xan..

it's true. I refuse to replace Xanthine's INSANELY great mad lab rat shot. [Big Grin]

Callipygous
Member # 2071

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 27, 2004 17:30      Profile for Callipygous     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Quite. It's a great photo X of you larking about and laughing. What's bad about that?

--------------------

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture