homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Your News!   » Where I've been... (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Where I've been...
Xanthine

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 01, 2004 15:15      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jace Raven:
I think I'm missing something here. Whois Kutin, Lumina Ryan, and Snuppy's Kutin. It feels as if there is a chapter missing out of a very entertaining book.

A while back we had a member named Audrie Ryan. Audrie Ryan was supposedly 17 years old and living on her own while her mtoher was in Inida or Spain. She had a credit card with a limit that either had no limit or a limit so high it gives male grad students wet dreams. Audrie Ryan had a boyfriend named Kutin. She had a posting style not dissimilar to Lumina Manson.

One day, Audrie Ryan posted that she was in the hospital with meningitis. Then her boyfriend, Audrie's Kutin, announced she had breast cancer (so did she btw). This tugged on lots of heart strings. I confess to being one of those that were "caught" by this one, and I was kinda pissed about what happened later. I think a rare blood disorder also got involved, but I'm not sure. Anywho, cracks appeared in her credibility, people challenged Kutin, Kutin got pisssed off, and then Audrie came back announcing that she'd actaully been in the mental hospital with a nervous breakdown (or something along those lines) and Kutin had stolen her identity. No one believed her and she disappeared.

Flash forward. Lumina Manson arrives on scene. There's a more or less confrimed theory that has been floating around for a long time now that Lumina and Audrie are one and the same, right down to the website. I never saw Audrie's site, but I trust the people who have. "Lumina Ryan" is an allusion to htis double identity, and "Snupy's Kutin" is a play on "Audrie's Kutin", straight to the posting style.

I frankly find the hypochondria, the whining about dysfunctional relationships, and general adolescent squalling for attention an annoyance too. It's a slap in the face to tthe hells I've been through, the hell my family's been through, and also to those others who have been through the fire and come out alive with their hair singed. Some of the stories I've told. The rest I probably won't, unless it seems pertinent.

BTW, Vic, dman isn't Jewish. [Razz]

--------------------
And it's one, two, three / On the wrong side of the lee / What were you meant for? / What were you meant for?
- The Decemberists

Posts: 7670 | From: the lab | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
snupy
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1211

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 01, 2004 15:37      Profile for snupy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Allan:
quote:
Originally posted by littlefish:
Beatrix Potter can!

I'm just not worthy.... [Wink]
I don't get it. [Frown]

--------------------
"I just ordered an extra-long straw to avoid accidentally doing a sit-up"-Jay, Modern Family

Posts: 4269 | From: UK, via Chicago | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Jessycat

Member # 1171

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 01, 2004 15:37      Profile for Jessycat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Audrie's profile

Kutin's profile

Good times...good times.

Posts: 491 | From: NYC | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Cap'n Vic

Member # 1477

Icon 1 posted April 01, 2004 15:47      Profile for Cap'n Vic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey look! Audrie and Lumina have the same web site?!?!?

Now that is weird [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
(!) (T) = 8-D

Posts: 5471 | From: One of the drones from sector 7G | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 01, 2004 16:08      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Cap'n Vic:
There is no way of knowing:

if TFD and Xanthie are the same person,

Absolutely not !
My female alter-ego is called 'Loretta' !

Posts: 10680 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
TMBWITW,PB

Member # 1734

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 01, 2004 16:34      Profile for TMBWITW,PB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Famous Druid:
Absolutely not !

But why do you want to be 'Loretta'? You don't want to have babies, do you? [Wink]

--------------------
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye."
óMiss Piggy

Posts: 4010 | From: my couch | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 01, 2004 17:34      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TMBWITW,PB:
quote:
Originally posted by The Famous Druid:
Absolutely not !

But why do you want to be 'Loretta'? You don't want to have babies, do you? [Wink]
Don't you oppress me !

(ocelots ear-lobes, wolf-nipple chips - get 'em while they're hot)

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

csk

Member # 1941

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 01, 2004 17:35      Profile for csk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Cap'n Vic:
There is no way of knowing:

if your story is true,
if TFD and Xanthie are the same person,
if csk is really seperated,
if spungo fucks sheep (although I believe it) [Big Grin]
if dman is/isn't jewish
if S&N are really living in BC

People will choose to believe what they want, based on a number of things.

Search the archives and check it out.

Your point is a good one, Cap'n. Certainly the archives show that the whole Audrie thing sucked in a whole lot of people, and those people are now understandably bitter. That, and a bit of once bitten twice shy, or the boy who cried wolf. Lumina, if Audrie's posts were posted by you, you're going to have a long, hard path to reacceptance by this crowd.

Anyhow, I know that people choose to believe what they want, but I can assure everyone that everything I have ever written about my situation on here is true. And I hope that I'm not viewed as an attention seeker, as normally I'd prefer to be helping others out with their issues rather than drawing attention to my own.

--------------------
6 weeks to go!

Posts: 4455 | From: Sydney, Australia | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Cap'n Vic

Member # 1477

Icon 1 posted April 01, 2004 17:51      Profile for Cap'n Vic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
csk: I was using you (and the others) as examples that would make sense to the majority of posters here.

I don't think anyone doubts your situation. I don't, if you recall, I posted quickly in your 'seperation thread' about the importance of maintaining contact with your daughter regardless of what happens between you and your wife.

....anywho, back to our regular programming

--------------------
(!) (T) = 8-D

Posts: 5471 | From: One of the drones from sector 7G | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
snupy
Member # 1211

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 01, 2004 19:30      Profile for snupy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
<<I'd prefer to be helping others out with their issues rather than drawing attention to my own.

We know that, csk. [Smile]

snupy
Member # 1211

Member Rated:
Icon 8 posted April 01, 2004 19:35      Profile for snupy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Whoever is posting as "Snupy's Kutin", get the fuck out of here, or stop using my name.
csk

Member # 1941

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 01, 2004 19:54      Profile for csk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cool, just wanted to make sure I hadn't inadvertently pissed anyone off.

--------------------
6 weeks to go!

Cap'n Vic

Member # 1477

Icon 1 posted April 01, 2004 20:52      Profile for Cap'n Vic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by csk:
Cool, just wanted to make sure I hadn't inadvertently pissed anyone off.

You are one of the cool people here that keeps this place, erm, well....cool. [Wink]

--------------------
(!) (T) = 8-D

Lumina Manson
Assimilated
Member # 1868

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 02, 2004 01:20      Profile for Lumina Manson   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ok, I get it

--------------------
ThE CrEeP sHoW It's called therapy: go get some!

Posts: 487 | From: The rainbow room, USA (Baldwin Park) | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
SupportGoddess

Member # 822

Icon 1 posted April 02, 2004 09:16      Profile for SupportGoddess   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by snupy:
Whoever is posting as "Snupy's Kutin", get the fuck out of here, or stop using my name.

I bet it's a member of the collective known as Talkeetna.

I think we should have contest, and whoever guesses the 3rd member of the collective gets the elusive picture of MTB's ass...

I'm guessing it's RedNivek. If I'm right, I'm also accepting opening bids for the EPOMA.

--------------------
"A heretic is a man who sees with his own eyes."
-Gotthold Ephraim Lessing

Posts: 1148 | From: The Digital Temple | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
csk

Member # 1941

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 02, 2004 09:46      Profile for csk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Initially I thought Talkeetna and SK were the same person, but the writing style looks different to me. SK capitalises snupy's name, which I've only noticed Lumina doing. But SK also used "fsck", which suggests someone more experienced in the GC scene. Plus shite is more British, IIRC.

If I were to hazard a guess, I'd say spungo is behind SK (or maybe TFD, but I don't think so). I would have thought either dman or Xanthine was behind Talkeetna, but they told each other they didn't do it, so that blows that idea out of the water.

Ahh, it's all too hard [Confused]

--------------------
6 weeks to go!

Grey_girl

Member # 2172

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 02, 2004 09:58      Profile for Grey_girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. Sometimes I'm well, sometimes I'm not (mostly I am well). But I don't belittle the very much true and real experiences of others by exaggerating and flat out making stuff up for attention.

So Jace, well said. Thank you.

Posts: 764 | From: NYC | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
GMx

Member # 1523

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 02, 2004 11:05      Profile for GMx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Initially I thought Talkeetna and SK were the same person, but the writing style looks different to me. SK capitalises snupy's name, which I've only noticed Lumina doing. But SK also used "fsck", which suggests someone more experienced in the GC scene. Plus shite is more British, IIRC.

If I were to hazard a guess, I'd say spungo is behind SK (or maybe TFD, but I don't think so). I would have thought either dman or Xanthine was behind Talkeetna, but they told each other they didn't do it, so that blows that idea out of the water.

We are all csk.
Posts: 5848 | From: S-4, Area 51 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
Too Cool To Quit
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2217

Icon 1 posted April 02, 2004 11:39      Profile for Too Cool To Quit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by GMx:
quote:

We are all csk.
HOW DARE YOU SAY THAT ABOUT ME!!!

Oh, wait... wrong account...

/me runs away

--------------------
Alright now, that's the last straw, I'm calling the ass taxidermist to tell him to stop making hats in your size RIGHT NOW.

Posts: 1097 | From: North Carolina | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Allan
SuperFan!
Member # 1717

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 02, 2004 11:41      Profile for Allan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Well it's defo not me as I have much better things to do, and if I want to insult anyone I don't need to hide behind an alias.

I have to downplay the British connection, the Grammar and sentence construction are too fucked up to be a Brit, and not the sort of mistakes a Brit would pretend to make [ IMHO but I've been wrong before [Wink] ]

Posts: 1280 | From: Edinburgh, Scotland / Frankfurt, Germany | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Xanthine

Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 02, 2004 14:19      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, so far whoever's posting as Talkeetna has not besmirched (sp?) her honor, so if they come forward now all they'll get from me is a smile and a pat on the back.

I am only slightly miffed about the scruff of the neck thing. I would never do that - I'd just hold out the nail clippers in a threatening manner. [Razz]

--------------------
And it's one, two, three / On the wrong side of the lee / What were you meant for? / What were you meant for?
- The Decemberists

Posts: 7670 | From: the lab | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 02, 2004 16:07      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

If I were to hazard a guess, I'd say spungo is behind SK (or maybe TFD, but I don't think so).

Not guilty.
I had to do some research to find out who Kutin was.
I'll ask some of my alter-egos and see if any want to confess (although one of them confessed to killing Arch-Duke Ferdinand recently, so all confessions must be taken with a large sack of salt)

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

spungo
Member # 1089

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 06, 2004 03:41      Profile for spungo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
If I were to hazard a guess, I'd say spungo is behind SK (or maybe TFD, but I don't think so).

You're forgetting one thing - I'm so friggin' lazy I regularly leave my watch an hour slow for six months of the year, 'cos I can't be bothered to set it forward. So, like Zimmerman says - "it ain't me, babe". [Smile]

--------------------
Shameless plug. (Please forgive me.)

Posts: 6529 | From: Noba Scoba | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture