homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Your News!   » message(s) in a bottle

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: message(s) in a bottle
Stibbons
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2515

Member Rated:
Icon 4 posted February 15, 2004 03:35      Profile for Stibbons   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
a few weeks ago, i happened to glance inside the lid of a bottle of beer i'd opened (<homer>mmmm, tiger beer</homer>) and i saw printed there the number "42". The answer to lif, the universe, and everything in a bottle of beer. however, i though nothing of it, and put it on my "stuff pile" (ie. desk)

yesterday, in the lid of a another bottle of the same brand, i found the number "17" (one of the discordian holy numbers, along with 5 and 23 - 1+7=8, 8=2^3, 2+3=5 therefore 17 is in keeping with the law of fives and is holy)

-  -

-  -

am i getting messages from the goddess (hopefully ones like "drink more beer") or am i just reading too much into a simple stock labeling scheme wherever the tiger beer factory is?

Posts: 1133 | From: UK | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
GameMaster
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1173

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 15, 2004 10:14      Profile for GameMaster   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You see, THEY put the numbers there to convince you of devine intervention... That way you would think the hevans want you to drink more beer, then when you get drunk and passout THEY will put three strange marks on your arm, and then THEY will steal secrets from your head -- unless you wear your tin-foil hat.

Be warned, we haven't heard from Nayt in while, and most of us thing THEY got to him.

Posts: 3038 | From: State of insanity | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
THEM
Maximum Newbie
Member # 1515

Member Rated:
Icon 3 posted February 15, 2004 14:32      Profile for THEM   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WE did put the numbers there, but not for exactly those reasons, but if YOU should want to assume so WE will not tell you different.

WE have already put the marks on your arms, and tinfoil is not a block against our mind reading capabilities, however, most of you still think that it does, so go ahead, WE will not tell you any different.

WE know of Nayt, and where he is.
when the time is right WE may let him out (or release him from where WE have him, or some other idea you may have [WE won't tell you different])

[thumbsup] [evil]

sconzey
Assimilated
Member # 2347

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 15, 2004 14:33      Profile for sconzey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, that rules... I wonder if you get those in bawls bottles too...

--------------------
"Violence is the last resort of the incompetent."
--Isaac Asimov

Posts: 490 | From: UK | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
macadddikt18
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 1082

Icon 11 posted February 15, 2004 16:25      Profile for macadddikt18   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OH NO!! THEY are still around. Darn, I thought I destroyed THEM all.

--------------------
Nayt: making interesting posts boring since Jan 02

Posts: 1870 | From: In a world beyond your understanding | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
Dr Cyclops
Assimilated
Member # 986

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 15, 2004 16:40      Profile for Dr Cyclops   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The simple explaination is the W'rkncacnter are those things that live in chaos, creating it around them. Setting one free in ordered space is difficult and insane.

--------------------
When the W'rkncacnter came, Pthia was killed, and Yrro in anger, flung the W'rkncacnter into the sun. The sun burned them, but they swam on its surface.

Posts: 499 | From: Upon the slab, Unbroken. | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 15, 2004 17:10      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Doesn't it say somewhere in the books that all things can be shown to obey the Law Of Fives ... if you try hard enough [Wink]

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10460 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2014 Geek Culture® All Rights Reserved.