homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Your News!   » Looking for antique Mac software

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Looking for antique Mac software
crazyarlo
Geek
Member # 1226

Member Rated:
Icon 5 posted January 08, 2004 08:36      Profile for crazyarlo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I collect old Macs, and am looking for original copies of Microsoft Word 1.0, Excel 1.0, Aldus Pagemaker, any old original Mac system disks, and an old version of Photoshop.

I'm trying to set up Mac workstations throughout the house, with authentic OS's and applications. My wife has drawn the line on some locations, but I am still hopeful that I can sneak one into the kitchen! Ha!!

Quite willing to pay nothing or pretty close to nothing!!!!!

Posts: 238 | From: Southern Ohio ... SURF OHIO, BABY! | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Jace Raven

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 2444

Icon 1 posted January 08, 2004 12:23      Profile for Jace Raven         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i have a few in my library of old shit that the school wont let me throw away. if you want i can see what i can do about snagging them and sending them to you
Jace Raven

Member # 2444

Icon 1 posted January 08, 2004 12:35      Profile for Jace Raven         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i have some hardware too.

from what i can see from my dest; a koala pad+, two touch screens and an external floppy drive. and there is some other stuff in my closet

Jace Raven

Member # 2444

Icon 1 posted January 08, 2004 13:38      Profile for Jace Raven         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ok, after looking through my closet, here is what i have:

Apple Hardware Test (mac os 9)
iMac Software Install (mac os 9)
iMac applications (mac os 9)

Apple System Disc (power Mac G3)
Apple System Disc (power mac G3 all-in-one)
Power Mac G3 Software install (applications i presume)

Mac OS 8

Power Mac 5200/75 Mac Cd (includes system software and other programs.

Power Mac 5400/5500/6500 series (includes system software and other programs.

Macintosh LC 575 disc.(contains system software)

Apple IIgs System disc (floppy)
Apple IIgs System Tools(floppy)
Apple IIgs Tour(floppy)

Claris Works (original packaging)
At Ease Floppies and Utilities Disc
Apple Network software installer.

I also have a number of "educational" games for these systems.

Tut-an-Geek

SuperFan!
Member # 1234

Icon 1 posted January 08, 2004 14:35      Profile for Tut-an-Geek   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have the amazing original System 7 Disk that was featured in The Best of the Joy of Tech [Smile]
I have Systems 6.08, 7, 7.01, 7.1, 7.5, 7.53, 7.55, 7.61, MacOS 8, 8.1, 8.5, 8.6 [upgrade cd], 9, 9.2, 10 public beta, 10.0, 10.1, 10.2, 10.3
Claris works 2,3,4,5
AtEase 2.03
A bunch more that I can't remember [Smile]
And no, none of it is for sale [Smile]

crazyarlo
Geek
Member # 1226

Member Rated:
Icon 3 posted January 12, 2004 07:17      Profile for crazyarlo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am highly interested in Mac OS 1 through 7, Word 1.0, Excel 1.0, MacWrite, MacPaint, etc.

However, I would really like to have the OS 8 disk...I actually have a few systems that use it!!!!

Posts: 238 | From: Southern Ohio ... SURF OHIO, BABY! | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
crazyarlo
Geek
Member # 1226

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 12, 2004 07:19      Profile for crazyarlo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by crazyarlo:
I am highly interested in Mac OS 1 through 7, Word 1.0, Excel 1.0, MacWrite, MacPaint, etc.

However, I would really like to have the OS 8 diskand the II GS systems disks...I actually have a few systems that use it!!!!

evilbibo
Discontinued

Icon 1 posted January 12, 2004 07:32            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a copy of Photoshop 1.0 that was on a website a year or so ago that had old software on it. Not sure how legal it was for them to post it though.
IP: Logged
Dr Psyclops
Geek
Member # 2440

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 12, 2004 18:34      Profile for Dr Psyclops         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have lots of old stuff:
Commadore 64
old preformas
RAndoM RAM
software
PCI cards
LC II
Powerbooks
Beige G3
6500-300
SE
Mac Plus

But I am also a packrat, veteran of the platform wars of old...

Now I am on the front lines of the UNIX Revelution! But still a packrat.

--------------------
Wherever I am, anyone in need has a friend.
Whenever I return home, everyone is glad I am there.
-Robert L. Humphrey

Posts: 132 | From: Escaped into the waves... | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture