homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » Love!   » Guys, Guys, Guys!   » What does it take to be the perfect girl for a geeky guy?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What does it take to be the perfect girl for a geeky guy?
Ali Straws
Single Celled Newbie
Member # 39737

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted June 26, 2011 16:56      Profile for Ali Straws   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My friend and I wrote an artcile (that's going to be featured on Tuesday, hurray/ about capturing the interest of a nerdy girl, but we're considering writing an article for the opposite sex. It probably has *similar* concepts, but not the same. I'm sure the psychology between men and women is completely different.

So, geeky guys, what are your standards?

The article is here by the way: My friend and I wrote an artcile (that's going to be featured on Tuesday, hurray) about capturing the interest of a nerdy girl, but we're considering writing an article for the opposite sex. It probably has *similar* concepts, but not the same. I'm sure the psychology between men and women is completely different.

So, geeky guys, what are your standards, dreams, wishes for the perfect girl. <3

The article is here by the way: http://www.wikihow.com/Capture-the-Interest-of-a-Nerdy-Girl make any changes you want, but please don't vandalize it.

--------------------
Live long and prosper. Remember:
Bow ties are always cool.

<3 Ali Straws~

Posts: 3 | From: Romeoville, IL | Registered: Jun 2011  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 26, 2011 17:06      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
<obligatory-answer>
Naked.
Beer.
</obligatory-answer>

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10680 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Ashitaka

SuperFan!
Member # 4924

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 26, 2011 18:52      Profile for Ashitaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
patience

--------------------
"If they're not gonna make a distinction between Muslims and violent extremists, then why should I take the time to distinguish between decent, fearful white people and racists?"

-Assif Mandvi

Posts: 3089 | From: Switzerland | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Callipygous
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2071

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 27, 2011 14:19      Profile for Callipygous     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When it comes to geeks, and matters of the heart, I think it's best to go to the source - Star Wars, and so as Yoda says "Do or do not, is no try" and also somewhat controversially "size matters not". [Wink]

So if your life is good, and you feel relaxed, reasonably outgoing, and generally happy in your skin, though you won't feel the need to attract anyone, they will gravitate to you naturally. Something to do with the Force I'm told. [Wink]

I also think it's a mistake to have too much of a preconceived idea of who is right for you, some kind of checklist a successful applicant must fulfil. It's better to allow enough room for someone to surprise you.

--------------------
"Knowledge is Power. France is Bacon" - Milton

Posts: 2922 | From: Brighton - UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
Aditu
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2340

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 30, 2011 06:07      Profile for Aditu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Michael says that even more than other guys the geeky guys need to be told what you are thinking, if it is something you want done or reacted to. He says he will never be able to guess or intuit it.
Posts: 1355 | From: Osten Ard | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 30, 2011 16:28      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Aditu:
Michael says that even more than other guys the geeky guys need to be told what you are thinking, if it is something you want done or reacted to. He says he will never be able to guess or intuit it.

Yeah...I'd say he's right about that. [Smile]

Also, even if we can guess stuff, we tend to like facts, and may otherwise dwell too much on 'maybes' and dismiss things as unlikely. (e.g. "Well, maybe she likes me, but she might just be nice, and I don't want to offend her by presuming anything." N+b completely dispels such maybes, and is clearly the perfect solution. [Wink] )

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9332 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
MacManKrisK

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 955

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 30, 2011 17:12      Profile for MacManKrisK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There is no such thing as the "perfect guy/girl for <insert group here>." When you start pigeon-holeing people into categories, you ignore the fact that every person is an individual and that no two people are ever truly a "perfect match." In every relationship there is give-and-take, push-and-pull, and compromise; that's the simple fact of the matter.

That being said, it is very simple to be the best person you can be in a relationship.

1) Be yourself.
2) Be honest.
3) Be genuine.
4) Be straightforward.

--------------------
"Buy low, sell high
get rich and you still die"

Posts: 2331 | From: Southwest Michigan, USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
iheartcomicbooks97
Newbie Larva
Member # 39882

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted July 03, 2011 05:15      Profile for iheartcomicbooks97     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Paitience
Sense of humor
Smart
Good DVD collection

Maggs
Geek
Member # 4682

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 04, 2011 12:34      Profile for Maggs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well I'm a geeky guy (who's in the process of buying a new Mac laptop, I still have my PB 17" rolling good, keep getting bid sniped on eBay). I've been looking for the perfect geek woman since she'd have to be over the age of 21 in my jurisdiction. It's no fun dealing with women who can't go to clubs or bars since they ID at the door. I've been going on a lot of speed dates, so many that most of the local NYC/NJ speed dating companies comp me at events. I even head on down to Nerd Nite when it's on down in DUMBO. They have Nerd Speed Dating, which is awesome.

Here's my specifications for a woman I would date. I'm marriage minded at this point (I'm 27) and I ain't getting any younger, but I'm open to short term dating too.

* Must be female between the ages of 21-32
* Must be college educated
* Must like saving money (my friend calls me Jewish, no offense anyone) but I don't find it a bad thing to save money. I just went bowling today for $10 for unlimited games, which was awesome since I had my own bowling shoes.
* Must like to travel (I've been on 4 cruises so far, and I want to go more places).
* Must be comfortable with a guy who goes off into tangents over geeky things( tech specs, etc).

I've also done the unthinkable I've deleted my Facebook account, which I find is awesome. It's much more liberating to be free from Facebook. If anyone wants to see my OkCupid profile and give me some tips let me know.

I've tried eHarmony, gk2gk, Match, and been on about 80 speed dating events in the past 2 years. I've even been in the NY Post 6 times and yet I'm still single.

Any suggestions are appreciated. Yesterday I spent the day with my brother cloning and upgrading an 80GB laptop hard drive to 250GB, that was a piece of cake, he likes a lot of music, his iTunes Music folder was 40GB and he still has 30 more CDs he wants to import.

Posts: 193 | From: NYC | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged
jex
Newbie Larva
Member # 40185

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted July 25, 2011 07:08      Profile for jex     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
once upon a time i thought that the only requirement needed for a girlfriend is looking half decent and having ummm... girl parts...

five completely worthless girlfriends later my standards are as follows-

- must have a job or is going to school in order to get a job
- should have a car
- CAN'T have a kid >.<

yeah my standards were that long once upon a time hope it helps

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture