homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » Love!   » Guys, Guys, Guys!   » Pick up lines (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Pick up lines
WinterSolstice

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 934

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 18, 2007 19:54      Profile for WinterSolstice     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, sure. If you can drop 10g+ on a wardrobe... what barfly wouldn't want it?

Course, you need the wheels and the house to match [Wink]

--------------------
An operating system should be like a light switch... simple, effective, easy to use, and designed for everyone.

Posts: 1192 | From: Los Angeles | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 18, 2007 22:12      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Care for any extra company there [for coffee] tomorrow?" seems to work. [Wink] [Smile]

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9331 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
drunkennewfiemidget
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 19, 2007 09:03      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Nice shoes, lets fuck."

"Is there a mirror in your pants, cus I can see myself in them."

"Did it hurt?"
"Did what hurt?"
"When you fell out of heaven."

"Hi, my name's ________. Get used to it, you'll be screaming it all night long."

"That's a beautiful watch. It's going to look great on my nightstand."

"You must be tired because you've been running through my mind all day."

... YMMV.

Posts: 4897 | From: Cambridge, ON, Canada | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
supaboy
SuperFan!
Member # 183

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 19, 2007 09:25      Profile for supaboy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I walk up to a girl and hand her a nice pair of panties, and say, "You dropped these when I walked into the room."

The rest of the conversation never goes horribly wrong. At least, that's how I imagine it.

Posts: 1767 | From: Columbia, SC USA | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
HalfVast

Member # 3187

Icon 1 posted March 19, 2007 09:33      Profile for HalfVast     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"I drive a GMC Sonoma."
Posts: 795 | From: In the mitten around the abductor pollicis brevis. | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged
GameGod
Geek
Member # 620

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 19, 2007 14:35      Profile for GameGod     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Attracting women is not a case of what the ultimate pickup line is. Women know a pickup line when they hear it, and they will act accordingly. They are waiting for that one different guy who will interest them, challenge them, attract them and sweep them off their feet.

There is a method that can easily be used and attract most, if not all women.

Basically the formula goes like this. Find, meet, attract, and close. Female psychology is generally similar, especially on the barfly scene. One particular method, the Mystery Method, named after its developer Myster, seems to be a very efficient way to attract women. (and take them home)

1. Smile when you walk into a room - if you think you look goofy with a big smile, then you're just going to get what you've always gotten by not smiling.

2. Recite a memorized opener - Easiest to use and is my favourite - "Hey, I need a female opinion on something..." and proceed to tell a story about a friend having pictures of his ex girlfriend and his present girlfriend told him to burn it. "isn't that crazy??" - or "My friends and I are in a debate and we need a womans help : Who lies more, men or women?"

3. The opener should open the group, not the target. When talking, ignore the target for the most part. If there are men in the group, focus your attention on the men. Never, EVER approach a woman who is alone. Generally happy, stable, and beautiful women tend to stay in groups of friends.

4. Slightly insult the target, tell her "eww you have eye crusties" or "That's a nice skirt, I saw someone else wearing it a few minutes ago, it must be popular". When there is a beautiful woman in the group, she is used to being hit on by strangers. This shows her that you are 'not interested' and thereby will bring her to try and 'prove herself' so to speak.

5. Convey personality to the group. Tell stories, do a magic trick, anecdotes, tell a joke or what have you. Pay attention to men and less attractive women, the target will notice you are the center of attention, and she will wonder why you are not paying attention to her.

7. Ask the group, "so, how does everyone know eachother?" If the target is with one of the guys, find out how long they've been together. If it's a serious relationship, politely eject yourself from the group.

8. If she is not spoken for, say to the group "I've been sort of ignoring your friend, is it alright if I speak to her for a couple of minutes?" They always say "uh sure, if it's okay with her". If you've executed the previous steps, she will agree.

9. Isolate her from the group, take her to sit with you near by, hold her hand while walking through the crowd. Squeeze her hand, if she squeezes back, she's interested.

10. Sit with her and perform a handwriting analysis, or a demonstration that will facinate and intrigue her. (Women love psychology, astrology, and themselves)

11. Tell her, "Beauty is common but whats rare is a great energyu and outlook on life. Tell me, what do you have inside that would make me want to know you as more than a mere face in the crowd?" If she begins to list qualities, she is interested.

12. Stop talking. Does she reinitiate the chat with a question with "So?" If she does, she is especially interested in you.

13. Kiss her. Say out of the blue "Would you like to kiss me?" If she says no, arrogantly say "I didn't say you could, you just looked like you had something on your mind." If the setting or circumstances aren't conductive to physical intimacy, then give yourself a time constraint. "I have to go, but we should continue this" and exchange numbers."

The Mystery Method is not something that cna be perfected the first time around (although some are naturals), for your friend I recommend for him to get into the Game. It does wonders for people who are shy or who have low self esteem. Read "The Game" by Neil Strauss. You will see what I mean.

Although situations are different, the model above is rather a basic one, one that can be modified and altered for different situations, such as a bar, in the mall, on the street, even in class. (Successfully done this in one of my lectures, recieved the girls email address and we went out for a night on the town etc.)

Be sure to dress differently than you normally would. This is called Peacocking. Wear blinking sunglasses, get one of those novelty keychains and wear it around your neck. Wear a shirt that is so ridiculous. It will make you stand out from those who wear poloshirts, with spiked hair. It also creates a conversational piece. Remember, if you act like you've always acted, if you've dressed like you've always dressed, and if you talk like you've always talked, you'll have received what you've always received.

--------------------
Well...that was fun =)

Posts: 153 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged
boo
Highlie
Member # 5991

Icon 1 posted March 19, 2007 15:23      Profile for boo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've said it before and I'll say it again, oy.
Posts: 775 | From: us of a | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged
Bifurcati
Maximum Newbie
Member # 4885

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted March 19, 2007 16:35      Profile for Bifurcati   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've got to say, all the Game stuff is kind of disturbing. All the precalculated, prerehearsed Jedi mind tricks, for someone you haven't even actually spoken to? Plus, if it fails (for whatever reason) on the first person, the intrepid hunter repeats the same lines to the girl two tables over - it sort of takes any romance out of it all.

Admittedly, I'm single (and/but not really looking) - but if the roles were reversed, and a girl pulled that same stuff of me (however unlikely!) I'd actually be kind of offended - I wouldn't mind a humourous opener (pick up line if you like!) but after that, if you can't find some common ground to talk to me about, we're probably not going to work!

--------------------
---

http://www.illuminatingscience.org/

Posts: 13 | From: Australia | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
BooBooKitty

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 5566

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 19, 2007 16:37      Profile for BooBooKitty     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a friend whom I believe to be a practioner of Neil Strauss's techniques. Apparently, he's been rather successful at it.

And no, he's a good friend, so he hasn't nor would he try that sh*t on me. :-p

Posts: 796 | From: Montreal, Canada | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
boo
Highlie
Member # 5991

Icon 1 posted March 19, 2007 17:57      Profile for boo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by GameGod:
Find, meet, attract, and close. Female psychology is generally similar, especially on the barfly scene. One particular method, the Mystery Method, named after its developer Myster, seems to be a very efficient way to attract women. (and take them home)

Maybe that works for guys looking for a one night stand, but I pity the poor shmuck who would ever try any stupid formula like that, on me.
GameGod
Geek
Member # 620

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 19, 2007 17:59      Profile for GameGod     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Bifurcati:
I've got to say, all the Game stuff is kind of disturbing. All the precalculated, prerehearsed Jedi mind tricks, for someone you haven't even actually spoken to? Plus, if it fails (for whatever reason) on the first person, the intrepid hunter repeats the same lines to the girl two tables over - it sort of takes any romance out of it all.

Admittedly, I'm single (and/but not really looking) - but if the roles were reversed, and a girl pulled that same stuff of me (however unlikely!) I'd actually be kind of offended - I wouldn't mind a humourous opener (pick up line if you like!) but after that, if you can't find some common ground to talk to me about, we're probably not going to work!

The Game is for guys who really haven't had the opportunity to gain the self esteem, or confidence to successfully meet and attract them. Most of the guys who practice it are guys who either; are naturals and want to improve their pickup routines, or for guys who haven't gained the social means to attract women. (Perhaps a loner through high school, or a psychological issue)
You're reciting lines that are known to promote interest and conversation. The steps are meant to be stepping stones, not a bridge, to communicating with and getting to know that pretty girl across the room from you. Figuratively speaking, of course. It's up to you to show personality, to keep her interested, and to keep a conversation up. Much like you would anyways if you did know how to go and successfully meet up with women in the first place.

You're not expected to find your future wife using these techniques, but its getting you comfortable around women in general. Some guys really can't take it, they're too nervous. I used to be that way. In no way does the Game teach you how to act in and keep up a relationship, that is up to you. And IMHO, that is where most romance is generated.

So don't be judgemental over this method! I would often tell girls that I learned how to come up and talk to her by becoming a pickup artist. Naturally, being interested in their own psychology, they are fascinated. It's harmless if you're using it for good, for your own benefit of becoming a chick magnet for your friends to envy [Razz]

--------------------
Well...that was fun =)

GameGod
Geek
Member # 620

Member Rated:
Icon 6 posted March 19, 2007 18:17      Profile for GameGod     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
BTW,
My username has nothing to do with the Game I am discussing [Razz]

I created this name when I was 12, and thought I was the master of all video games [Smile] Just FYI!

--------------------
Well...that was fun =)

ScholasticSpastic
Highlie
Member # 6919

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 19, 2007 20:29      Profile for ScholasticSpastic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Boredom is my substitute for confidence. Most socially constrained situations are boring and predictable and I can tell that folks aren't having a good time. My response to being bored is to initiate an activity that skirts the social norms for a situation. Shake things up. You naturally become the center of attention and the first impression most people take away is that you were the funnest guy at the gathering. Meanwhile, you've managed to alleviate the boredome caused by silly rituals. Win-win and a fast path to popularity. Of course, having attained popularity, people will expect you to keep showing up. Eventually you'll realize that it's not worth it- these people throw boring gatherings anyway. More fun can be had without them.

For a random time, call ScholasticSpastic. You won't be bored. You'll probably be embarassed. You'll definitely have fun.

--------------------
"As in repeating a well-known song, so in instincts, one action follows another by a sort of rhythm; if a person be interrupted in a song, or in repeating anything by rote, he is generally forced to go back to recover the habitual train of thought..." (Darwin, The Origin of Species)

Posts: 540 | From: Vernal, UT | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
boo
Highlie
Member # 5991

Icon 1 posted March 19, 2007 20:36      Profile for boo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

The Game is for guys who really haven't had the opportunity to gain the self esteem, or confidence to successfully meet and attract them. (Perhaps a loner through high school, or a psychological issue)

You're not expected to find your future wife using these techniques, but its getting you comfortable around women in general. Some guys really can't take it, they're too nervous. I used to be that way.

That's who I figured it was geared toward; guys who felt awkward, were inexperienced, etc. Actually, that's sort of on the lines of my friend for whom I asked the original question. He is basically just looking for a few icebreakers that he can memorize so that if he does get brain freeze, he can rely on rote phrases until he gets control of his nerves again.

[Frown]

I feel so sorry for guys like that. But actually, I think I personally would be more interested in a guy who was a little nervous than one who came across all cocky with some silly psychological game. I think it's charming. And I think it takes a lot for a guy to walk up to a complete stranger and try to start a conversation. So if his nerves got the better of him, I'd be likely to jump in and say something goofy or something to distract him, just to get him to relax. But that's just me. I don't know if all women would look at it that way.
quote:
BTW,
My username has nothing to do with the Game I am discussing [Razz]

I created this name when I was 12, and thought I was the master of all video games [Smile] Just FYI!

Lol. [Big Grin] You probably were when you were 12.
drunkennewfiemidget
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 20, 2007 08:39      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow. That's way too much work.

Just ask her a question, and pretend to be interested as she rambles for a while.

Bam, you'll get what you want.

dragon34
Geek
Member # 997

Member Rated:
Icon 12 posted March 21, 2007 17:30      Profile for dragon34     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Do you believe in love at first sight or do I have walk by again?"
always amused me.
Followed by "Nice shoes, wanna f#$k?"

Never had any of them used on me "seriously" but I laughed and laughed.

Posts: 146 | From: Central PA | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
boo
Highlie
Member # 5991

Icon 1 posted March 21, 2007 20:47      Profile for boo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by drunkennewfiemidget:
Just ask her a question, and pretend to be interested as she rambles for a while.

Where's my frying pan? First dragonman and now you.
quote:
Originally posted by dragon34:
"Do you believe in love at first sight or do I have walk by again?"

Some of the pick up lines are really funny. Like that one. ^^^ That's just cute. How can you get mad at anybody for having the nerve to say that? I'd laugh. I mean, I'd know he was full of bologna but I'd laugh because it's funny. And that would be enough to break the ice. [Smile]
drunkennewfiemidget
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 22, 2007 08:40      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by boo:
quote:

<troll>It's where you belong. In the kitchen</troll>

hehe.

Xanthine

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 22, 2007 10:18      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Demo fed you your balls in a sandwich and you still haven't learned??

I'd make threats with my frying pan, but I'd probably break it.

--------------------
And it's one, two, three / On the wrong side of the lee / What were you meant for? / What were you meant for?
- The Decemberists

Posts: 7670 | From: the lab | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
spungo
Member # 1089

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 22, 2007 10:42      Profile for spungo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
quote:

hehe.

[Smile] Ha ha... bonk.

--------------------
Shameless plug. (Please forgive me.)

Posts: 6529 | From: Noba Scoba | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
boo
Highlie
Member # 5991

Icon 1 posted March 22, 2007 11:02      Profile for boo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by spungo:
quote:
quote:
quote:

hehe.

[Smile] Ha ha... bonk.
This will have to do for now.  -

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture