homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » Love!   » Guys, Guys, Guys!   » Pick up lines (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Pick up lines
boo
Highlie
Member # 5991

Icon 1 posted March 16, 2007 20:34      Profile for boo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't ask. [Big Grin]

Okay, okay, this is for an experiment a friend wants to try. He's a really shy guy who gets all tongue tied around women so he has this idea that if he has a few good pick up lines at his disposal, he can get a conversation started without freezing up. So he needs some good pick up lines. I'm not sure geek men resort to such tactics, lol, but if you have tried some out, please post them here. Even if they didn't work or are hopelessly corny, they might be good for a laugh.

And ladies, feel free to post any that have been tried on you. (And then you have to tell us if they worked.) [Wink] [Big Grin]

Posts: 775 | From: us of a | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 16, 2007 21:34      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice boots, wanna fsck?

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9332 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
WinterSolstice

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 934

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 16, 2007 22:04      Profile for WinterSolstice     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My favourite:

"Hi, I'm .... "

Also good is "I was just (doing whatever), care to join?"

But hey, what do I know. I'm married [Big Grin]

--------------------
An operating system should be like a light switch... simple, effective, easy to use, and designed for everyone.

Posts: 1192 | From: Los Angeles | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 16, 2007 22:05      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One I really should use some day: (just thought of it now to take the piss)

Would you be the shebang to my /usr/bin/perl -w? [Wink]

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9332 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Xanthine

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 16, 2007 23:00      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Heard this evening: "I wish I was a helicase so I could unzip your jeans." I almost tossed Pepsi in that guy's face, but he was joking.

Another, equally dumb: "My Kd for you is sub-nanomolar."

If you don't get it, you're lucky. If you did get it, don't hurt me.

Posts: 7670 | From: the lab | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Rhonwyyn

Solid Gold SuperFan!
Member # 2854

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 17, 2007 04:55      Profile for Rhonwyyn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My all-time fave is one I received on IRC when my screen name was "dante." A woman sent me a message saying "Hello Dante. May I light your inferno?"

Cheesy, yes, but she got points for trying. [Razz]

--------------------
Change the way you SEE, not the way you LOOK!

Posts: 3849 | From: Lancaster, PA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged
Mac D
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 2926

Icon 1 posted March 17, 2007 05:58      Profile for Mac D     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When I started dating again I asked around to a lot of my friends that are girls. Some of the best answers I got are.

Women like men that are bold. (Not over aggressive or pushy but they hate shy even more. This is why you always see the girl go home with the jerk instead of the shy guy.)

Talk to them like they are one of the guys. You get supprised when you see how much girls and guys have in common. Girls are not just all about barbie dolls and ponies.

Ask questions. This is a very important one. Women love to talk about themselves.

Make them laugh. Girls love to laugh. Not just jokes but witty comments and observations.

--------------------
There's nothing wrong with me, This is how I'm supposed to be.

Posts: 1449 | From: Where I am is very relative to my location at that time. | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Just_Jess_B

Member # 2161

Icon 12 posted March 17, 2007 08:19      Profile for Just_Jess_B   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Do you play Vampire?"

It wasn't really a pick-up line so much as a query. He was casually leaning against the doorway with bedroom eyes and a cocky smirk. I couldn't help but smile -- it didn't matter that we never got to the Vampire game.

Did it work? I dunno . . . ask WinterSolstice. [Wink]

--------------------
Opinion is not Truth; that is why each has its own definition. Illiteracy sucks.

Posts: 1370 | From: Whaddya mean, Arizona? | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
spungo
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1089

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 17, 2007 09:28      Profile for spungo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My favourite is: "Hi, there. You're very pretty. You know, I'd think I'd like nothing more than to rip out your heart and fsck it while it's still beating."

--------------------
Shameless plug. (Please forgive me.)

Posts: 6529 | From: Noba Scoba | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
Stibbons
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2515

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 17, 2007 09:35      Profile for Stibbons   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One my friend got was, "with lips like that, why aren't you sucking my cock", from a complete random. Needless to say, it didn't go down so well.
Posts: 1143 | From: UK | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
Just_Jess_B

Member # 2161

Icon 1 posted March 17, 2007 09:41      Profile for Just_Jess_B   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by spungo:
My favourite is: "Hi, there. You're very pretty. You know, I'd think I'd like nothing more than to rip out your heart and fsck it while it's still beating."

I see your style of lovin' is like that song "Tear You Apart" by She Wants Revenge. Frighteningly enough, there are girls who would probably think that's intensely gothika emo and find it sexy.

I'd really hate to see what you've got hidden in your closet behind your leather gimp mask, suede harness, and fishnet stockings there, spungo.

--------------------
Opinion is not Truth; that is why each has its own definition. Illiteracy sucks.

Posts: 1370 | From: Whaddya mean, Arizona? | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Grummash

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 4289

Icon 1 posted March 17, 2007 09:46      Profile for Grummash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I once knew a guy who reckoned that ...

"Ever been to bed with a fat biker?"

would work 50% of the time [Razz]

Posts: 2335 | From: Lancashire,UK | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
spungo
Member # 1089

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 17, 2007 09:46      Profile for spungo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Stibbons:
One my friend got was, "with lips like that, why aren't you sucking my cock", from a complete random. Needless to say, it didn't go down so well.

I take it she didn't, either.

--------------------
Shameless plug. (Please forgive me.)

Posts: 6529 | From: Noba Scoba | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
littlefish
Member # 966

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 17, 2007 13:03      Profile for littlefish   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nothing worse than an angry woman with teeth.
Posts: 2421 | From: That London | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
ScholasticSpastic
Highlie
Member # 6919

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 17, 2007 18:32      Profile for ScholasticSpastic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When I weighed about twenty pounds less, I just flounced down in girls' laps, gave them a squeeze, and told them they were pretty. Now that I'm more massive, I have to go for a more strictly verbal aproach most of the time. That's too bad, because body language isn't as prone to revealing how many IQ points I just lost looking a a pretty woman. Poems can work, but you've got to be ready to work the flamboyant-yet-straight vibe- it helps if you're dressed like a pirate.

Right now I don't bother with pick-up lines. I'm too busy telling women why I'm not available. I'll come up with some good lines in a few years when I need them. Perhaps I'll work on my juggling: Women like men who are good with their hands. If I wait long enough, my Title will do all the work for me. 'Dr.' is the key to many a woman's heart. That's shallow, but hey, whatever works.

--------------------
"As in repeating a well-known song, so in instincts, one action follows another by a sort of rhythm; if a person be interrupted in a song, or in repeating anything by rote, he is generally forced to go back to recover the habitual train of thought..." (Darwin, The Origin of Species)

Posts: 540 | From: Vernal, UT | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
GrumpySteen

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 170

Icon 1 posted March 17, 2007 18:46      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ScholasticSpastic:
Perhaps I'll work on my juggling: Women like men who are good with their hands.

Juggling mostly works on single women with children. If you can entertain the kids and keep them from bothering mommy, you usually need little else beyond halfway decent manners to get a date.

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

Posts: 6364 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Richard Wolf VI
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 4993

Icon 10 posted March 17, 2007 19:22      Profile for Richard Wolf VI   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm sure that charm and self-confidence would be enough to pick a girl... words are meaningless if you're a dork.

--------------------
The same old iWanToUseaMac... Who am I fooling? I'm getting a Wii now, iWanToUseaMac isn't :P
Get Opera. The best web experience.
Contest. Group. Success.

Posts: 1356 | From: Bogotá, Colombia | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
ScholasticSpastic
Highlie
Member # 6919

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 17, 2007 19:38      Profile for ScholasticSpastic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dorks can get girls just fine. I was even married for a few years. I can even honestly claim that most of my dates picked ME up instead of the other way around. Go Dorks!! (We rule.)

--------------------
"As in repeating a well-known song, so in instincts, one action follows another by a sort of rhythm; if a person be interrupted in a song, or in repeating anything by rote, he is generally forced to go back to recover the habitual train of thought..." (Darwin, The Origin of Species)

Posts: 540 | From: Vernal, UT | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
nerdwithnofriends
Uber Geek
Member # 3773

Icon 1 posted March 17, 2007 22:07      Profile for nerdwithnofriends     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Back to the original question:

"Hey sweetcheeks, I was just wondering how you like your eggs in the morning: scrambled, fried, or fertilized."

Him: "Do you know how much a large penguin might weigh?"
Her: "Ummm... no."
Him: "Enough to break the ice. My name's _____."

This one actually works quite well:
"I saw you from across the room and found you very attractive. In particular, your breasts are exquisitely shaped and your ass looks like it was sculpted by the gods themselves. Mind if I get to know you better?"

--------------------
"The Buddha, the Godhead, resides quite as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain or in the petals of a flower." - Robert M. Pirsig

Rhonwyyn

Solid Gold SuperFan!
Member # 2854

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 18, 2007 04:17      Profile for Rhonwyyn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by nerdwithnofriends:
Back to the original question:

This one actually works quite well:
"I saw you from across the room and found you very attractive. In particular, your breasts are exquisitely shaped and your ass looks like it was sculpted by the gods themselves. Mind if I get to know you better?"

Sorry, but if someone told me that (even if I had a phenomenal figure), I would crack up laughing. You really expect someone to take that with a straight face? Too funny...

--------------------
Change the way you SEE, not the way you LOOK!

Posts: 3849 | From: Lancaster, PA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged
Reedius
Mini Geek
Member # 7130

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted March 18, 2007 04:46      Profile for Reedius     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Your friend doesn't need pick up lines, your friend needs this: LINK
and if you want some more information: LINK 2

I have studied this, practised this and it works! i can absolutely guarantee that this is true, works and it will make you happy! [Wink]

--------------------
Geek or Nerd?

Posts: 55 | From: aveiro, portugual | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged
HalfVast

Member # 3187

Icon 1 posted March 18, 2007 11:02      Profile for HalfVast     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, double my dating!

Hmmm.... What's twice zero?

Posts: 795 | From: In the mitten around the abductor pollicis brevis. | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged
Maggs
Geek
Member # 4682

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 18, 2007 15:06      Profile for Maggs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It works, I got the ebook once, and worked on it, and I actually started getting calls from women.
Posts: 193 | From: NYC | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged
Serenak

Member # 2950

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 18, 2007 15:26      Profile for Serenak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, if it works for you then go with it...

FWIW I met my wife on a "dodgy" phone chat line... but what the hell - it worked out for us... I can't say I recommend it as a great way to meet people - but that was pre common internet usage here in the UK - and that was not /that/ long ago either!!!

I never really admitted to many folks that was exactly what I was doing - but it was surprising how many people I knew admitted to using "dating services" of one sort or another either contemporaneously or previously... To be honest in my business you don't get to meet a lot of people in a social setting...

--------------------
"So if you want my address - it's No. 1 at the end of the bar, where I sit with the broken angels, clutching at straws and nursing my scars..."

Posts: 1937 | From: Suffolk England | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
zesovietrussian
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 1177

Icon 1 posted March 18, 2007 16:36      Profile for zesovietrussian     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When it comes to the usual targets for pickup lines (i.e. your average barfly chicks,) a Rolex on your wrist, Brioni on your shoulders and Vertu in your pocket will get you much farther than the most amazing pickup line you can possibly think of. Sad but true...
Posts: 1094 | From: Boston | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture