homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » Love!   » Guys, Guys, Guys!   » Smart Guys Date in Parallel

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Smart Guys Date in Parallel
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 12 posted February 14, 2007 22:56      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
... in summary, dating serially is for chumps. If you really want to have a better fail-safe, be less affected by resistance, and have a wonderful net increase in power, go for parallel relationships. Itís the only way.

http://www.bitquabit.com/2007/02/14/smart-guys-date-in-parallel/

Posts: 8111 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 15, 2007 03:35      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's alright for you young blokes, but at my age, I don't have the capacitance to date 3 women at once.

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10680 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Astronomer Jedi
Highlie
Member # 4699

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 15, 2007 06:23      Profile for Astronomer Jedi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's got me all Amped up. Anything like that is bound to be circuitous...

--------------------
Estne volumen in toga, an solum tibi libet me videre?

Posts: 606 | From: Perth, Western Australia | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged
Richard Wolf VI
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 4993

Icon 10 posted February 15, 2007 07:28      Profile for Richard Wolf VI   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Parallel dating is great, but it demands lots of voltage and I'm not sure I could keep up with so much power... I'd better get serial.

--------------------
The same old iWanToUseaMac... Who am I fooling? I'm getting a Wii now, iWanToUseaMac isn't :P
Get Opera. The best web experience.
Contest. Group. Success.

Posts: 1356 | From: BogotŠ, Colombia | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
WinterSolstice

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 934

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 15, 2007 08:02      Profile for WinterSolstice     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd expect to meet with a lot of resistance

--------------------
An operating system should be like a light switch... simple, effective, easy to use, and designed for everyone.

Posts: 1192 | From: Los Angeles | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
GrumpySteen

Member # 170

Icon 12 posted February 15, 2007 08:41      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why limit your choices to just serial and parallel?

-

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

Posts: 6364 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
TheMoMan
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 15, 2007 10:35      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Snaggy___________________While most resisters don't care for some reason women do,

--------------------
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Benjamin Franklin,

Posts: 5848 | From: Just South of the Huron National Forest, in the water shed of the Rifle River | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
Grummash

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 4289

Icon 1 posted February 15, 2007 13:42      Profile for Grummash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like Steen's idea, but I suspect that there would be plenty of impedance in the real world [Razz]

--------------------
...and yet, across the gulf of space, minds immeasurably superior to ours regarded this earth with envious eyes...

Posts: 2335 | From: Lancashire,UK | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 15, 2007 13:52      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You could get a nasty shock if you find out you're dating a transformer.

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Grummash

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 4289

Icon 1 posted February 15, 2007 13:55      Profile for Grummash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
....or a bit of variety if they were AC/DC [ohwell]

--------------------
...and yet, across the gulf of space, minds immeasurably superior to ours regarded this earth with envious eyes...

Posts: 2335 | From: Lancashire,UK | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
WinterSolstice

Member # 934

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 15, 2007 14:26      Profile for WinterSolstice     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think it's an idea that might have some potential

--------------------
An operating system should be like a light switch... simple, effective, easy to use, and designed for everyone.

nerdwithnofriends
Uber Geek
Member # 3773

Icon 1 posted February 15, 2007 14:48      Profile for nerdwithnofriends     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know how they'd react if I were to try this. I don't even know if I have the capacity to try such a thing, but this article may induce me to give it a shot.

--------------------
"The Buddha, the Godhead, resides quite as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain or in the petals of a flower." - Robert M. Pirsig

TheMoMan
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 15, 2007 16:47      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Steen_____________________Lets get real hot start out with LF and work up to microwave, that sould cook the soup and weiners.

--------------------
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Benjamin Franklin,

Posts: 5848 | From: Just South of the Huron National Forest, in the water shed of the Rifle River | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
Colonel Panic
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 1200

Icon 1 posted February 15, 2007 18:26      Profile for Colonel Panic         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Snags,

I've been preaching this for years. But it only works if you announce your intentions BEFORE you start the relationship.

I think you might be tempting fate on this. Just because Nitro has gone Vegan doesn't mean she can't fry some oysters over this one!

[Wink]

Colonel Panic

--------------------
Free! Free at last!

Posts: 1809 | From: Glacier Melt, USA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
WinterSolstice

Member # 934

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 15, 2007 20:53      Profile for WinterSolstice     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So maybe he should run it via a regulator?

--------------------

Just_Jess_B

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 2161

Icon 1 posted February 17, 2007 11:45      Profile for Just_Jess_B   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
While I should be up in arms, running around in circles and screaming "You are a piggie! Pig pig pig!", I found this entertaining in the spirit it was intended and the pun thread even better! (Steen's diagram made me laugh out loud -- especially with the Hitachi Magic Wand with one of the girls!)

Um, puns. I, um, I'm not geeky enough for puns. Um . . . pun, pun, pun. Crap. Um . . .

Ohm my God . . . I thought geek men weren't like jocks -- only interested in how many girls they can get their siemens into.

(Yes, it's lewd. Sorry.)

--------------------
Opinion is not Truth; that is why each has its own definition. Illiteracy sucks.

Posts: 1370 | From: Whaddya mean, Arizona? | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Reedius
Mini Geek
Member # 7130

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted February 17, 2007 12:57      Profile for Reedius     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would prefer much more a girl that would really love me than 10 girls that just want sex, that's my honest opinion. [Smile]

--------------------
Geek or Nerd?

Posts: 55 | From: aveiro, portugual | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged
WinterSolstice

Member # 934

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 17, 2007 13:02      Profile for WinterSolstice     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What about 10 girls who love you nand want sex?

--------------------

Reedius
Mini Geek
Member # 7130

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted February 17, 2007 13:44      Profile for Reedius     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I would choose the one I love the most. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Geek or Nerd?

Posts: 55 | From: aveiro, portugual | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged
Tominfla
Geek
Member # 6767

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 17, 2007 14:21      Profile for Tominfla     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ah a punfest. I love punfests.

Make sure you have both feet on the ground before pursuing multiple relationships. [Big Grin]

--------------------
"Go get that Earth creature and bring back the Uranium Pew36 Space Modulator" -- Marvin Martian

Posts: 245 | From: Orlando, Florida, USA | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
Astronomer Jedi
Highlie
Member # 4699

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 17, 2007 20:05      Profile for Astronomer Jedi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm not sure women would appreciated being LED on like that.

--------------------
Estne volumen in toga, an solum tibi libet me videre?

Posts: 606 | From: Perth, Western Australia | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 18, 2007 17:29      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I dunno, some women might be turned on by it.

--------------------

WinterSolstice

Member # 934

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 18, 2007 17:56      Profile for WinterSolstice     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe if you simply switched back and forth, thereby alternating current girls?

--------------------

Colonel Panic
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 1200

Icon 2 posted February 18, 2007 19:52      Profile for Colonel Panic         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's like some guys have never installed a three-way switch in their lives.

[Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes]

CP

--------------------
Free! Free at last!

Posts: 1809 | From: Glacier Melt, USA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture