homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » Love!   » Guys, Guys, Guys!   » Realization about geeks

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Realization about geeks
Luke Skywalker
Assimilated
Member # 3096

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 02, 2005 20:07      Profile for Luke Skywalker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Something I just realized, is that as geeks, we dont get involved with a lot of ppl, as we have better things to do than romance.

Discuss.

--------------------
Use the Force, Luke.

Posts: 406 | From: The Line Between Time and Space | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
The White Tree
Geek
Member # 4040

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 02, 2005 21:06      Profile for The White Tree     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What?! What if you can mix the two? I do that.
Posts: 201 | From: York, PA, residing/school at NNPTC at NWS Charleston, SC. | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
Matias
Highlie
Member # 4216

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 03, 2005 17:46      Profile for Matias   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I do. I do not look like a geek until my glasses come on (I wear glasses by choice, they look better than contact to me). I have lots of people I socialize with but only a few I actually call friends. I love hanging out and going to movies, parks and sports events so, I have friends with the same interest.

--------------------
A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Posts: 516 | From: The Land of the mouse.... | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged
angryjungman

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 2434

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 04, 2005 05:57      Profile for angryjungman   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I get involved with far more people than I'd like. Flirting and romance are my bread and butter.

/me also wonders why you chose to put this in "Guys, Guys, Guys"....

--------------------
Meh.

Posts: 633 | From: princeton, nj | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged
Matias
Highlie
Member # 4216

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 04, 2005 08:58      Profile for Matias   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
/me also wonders why you chose to put this in "Guys, Guys, Guys"....
I did not notice that until you said it! How funny....

--------------------
A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Posts: 516 | From: The Land of the mouse.... | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged
satyr
Geek-in-Training
Member # 4215

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted October 04, 2005 12:14      Profile for satyr   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Luke Skywalker:
Something I just realized, is that as geeks, we dont get involved with a lot of ppl, as we have better things to do than romance.

Well, isn't chatting on IRC (or with other instant-messaging-protocols), replying in forums etc. being "involved with ppl" ??

cheers, satyr

--------------------
Check out my personal computing-related website: http://tadej-ivan.50webs.com/ if you're interested in reading my articles, discoveries, hints, principles, rules and such.

Posts: 31 | From: Ljubljana, Slovenia, Europe | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged
zboy
Mini Geek
Member # 2969

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted October 05, 2005 22:46      Profile for zboy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Well, isn't chatting on IRC (or with other instant-messaging-protocols), replying in forums etc. being "involved with ppl" ??

Thats hilarious. I believe you are right, but there is an odd sort of irony as well.

Posts: 72 | From: A galaxy far, far, away ... | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Thorned0Fortress
Geek
Member # 4435

Icon 1 posted October 06, 2005 19:07      Profile for Thorned0Fortress   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not true. MY boyfriend is the biggest geek ever.
Posts: 235 | From: texas | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
joliet_jane
Alpha Geek
Member # 818

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 07, 2005 01:36      Profile for joliet_jane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Discuss.

I love this post. I'd like to make it a bronze plaque and afix it to a moderately large monument.
Posts: 330 | From: PA | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
GMx

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 1523

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted October 07, 2005 07:06      Profile for GMx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by joliet_jane:
quote:

Discuss.

I love this post. I'd like to make it a bronze plaque and afix it to a moderately large monument.
[Big Grin] [Applause] How about a large fist? [thumbsup]
Posts: 5844 | From: S-4, Area 51 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
ewomack
Highlie
Member # 3225

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 08, 2005 13:24      Profile for ewomack   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

There's a rather large monument in Volgograd you can put it on, but you may encounter resistance...

Volgograd

--------------------
Ed Womack
Get Milked

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture