homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » Love!   » Guys, Guys, Guys!   » Men of GC Calendar (Page 54)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 101 pages: 1  2  3  ...  51  52  53  54  55  56  57  ...  99  100  101 

Author Topic: Men of GC Calendar
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 20, 2006 16:09      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by garlicguy:
we need a different subject. British Television Comedy, anyone?

Please sir may I be first?

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10680 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
YaYawoman

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 4505

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 20, 2006 17:02      Profile for YaYawoman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am Idle for a bit at work so I thought I would check the puns out. I don't know enough to contribute to this topic much but my palin shipping might.
Posts: 765 | From: virginia | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
Rhonwyyn

Solid Gold SuperFan!
Member # 2854

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 20, 2006 17:05      Profile for Rhonwyyn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Allo, Allo!! What have we have here? BritFlick puns? Count me in! [Smile]

--------------------
Change the way you SEE, not the way you LOOK!

Posts: 3849 | From: Lancaster, PA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged
jordanv
Assimilated
Member # 3189

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 20, 2006 17:54      Profile for jordanv     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Some of us young ones aren't up to date on this fancy schmancy british comedy thing.
Posts: 364 | From: a house (in Sydney) | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged
Shadow
Assimilated
Member # 1558

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 20, 2006 18:27      Profile for Shadow     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Some of us are still mesmerize by the special effects of Dr. Who. I must say though, I have been addled by the Black Adder on several occasions.

--------------------
I do but keep the peace: put up thy sword,
Or manage it to part these men with me. - Benvolio (Romeo & Juliet)

Posts: 415 | From: /dev/geek/ | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Grummash

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 4289

Icon 1 posted January 21, 2006 03:40      Profile for Grummash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
we need a different subject. British Television Comedy, anyone?
garlicguy - Have you ever been ordained in a religious order? If you have, I could answer your question with a resounding Yes, Minister [Big Grin]

--------------------
...and yet, across the gulf of space, minds immeasurably superior to ours regarded this earth with envious eyes...

Posts: 2335 | From: Lancashire,UK | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Scubbo
Mini Geek
Member # 4832

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted January 21, 2006 04:56      Profile for Scubbo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Shadow:
I must say though, I have been addled by the Black Adder on several occasions.

Black Adder? Surely you mean the Python?

--------------------
Information wants to be anthropomorphized.
When in doubt; Use the Source, Luke.

Posts: 64 | From: Englandland | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
garlicguy

Member # 3166

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 21, 2006 07:16      Profile for garlicguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Grummash:
garlicguy - Have you ever been ordained in a religious order?

How odd that you should ask, Grummy. I haven't (yet), but there are those who refer to me as Cardinal Fang. It must be the red cape...

Have you done any logging lately?

--------------------
I don't know what I was thinking... it seemed like a good idea at the time.

Posts: 3752 | From: Pluto, no matter what you call it, is still my home. | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
Grummash

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 4289

Icon 1 posted January 21, 2006 13:15      Profile for Grummash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Have you done any logging lately?

Me? No, why do you ask?

--------------------
...and yet, across the gulf of space, minds immeasurably superior to ours regarded this earth with envious eyes...

The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 21, 2006 14:30      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Darlings, this punfest is Absolutely Fabulous !.

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Rhonwyyn

Solid Gold SuperFan!
Member # 2854

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 21, 2006 14:34      Profile for Rhonwyyn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd participate, but I'm limited right now since I'm at The Office.

--------------------

The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 21, 2006 15:23      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Rhonwyyn:
I'd participate, but I'm limited right now since I'm at The Office.

You can either work, or be in the punfest, you must choose one of the two, Rhonnie [Wink]

--------------------

TMBWITW,PB

Member # 1734

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 21, 2006 15:26      Profile for TMBWITW,PB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You should run for office, then we'd all have to say "Yes, Minister."

--------------------
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye."
óMiss Piggy

Posts: 4010 | From: my couch | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
jordanv
Assimilated
Member # 3189

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 21, 2006 17:49      Profile for jordanv     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TMBWITW,PB:
You should run for office, then we'd all have to say "Yes, Minister."

That would make a Ripping Yarn.
Posts: 364 | From: a house (in Sydney) | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged
Rhonwyyn

Solid Gold SuperFan!
Member # 2854

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 21, 2006 18:54      Profile for Rhonwyyn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Or he could be crowned Monarch of the Glen. [Big Grin]

--------------------

Scubbo
Mini Geek
Member # 4832

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted January 22, 2006 02:56      Profile for Scubbo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
garlicguy - Have you ever been ordained in a religious order?

Then we'd have to call him Father Ted

--------------------
Information wants to be anthropomorphized.
When in doubt; Use the Source, Luke.

Posts: 64 | From: Englandland | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
garlicguy

Member # 3166

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 22, 2006 07:26      Profile for garlicguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If only I'd been to the manor born, there'd be no need of another vocation.

--------------------

Posts: 3752 | From: Pluto, no matter what you call it, is still my home. | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
Astronomer Jedi
Highlie
Member # 4699

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 22, 2006 09:47      Profile for Astronomer Jedi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Two of my cousins work retail, so I imagine that they are constantly asking customers, "Are you being served?"

Back when I was in high school I also had a couple of teachers from little Britain.

Also, my aunt and uncle are kind of snobbish. They go to such lengths keeping up appearances that they nearly kick the bucket.

--------------------
Estne volumen in toga, an solum tibi libet me videre?

Posts: 606 | From: Perth, Western Australia | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged
drunkennewfiemidget
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 22, 2006 10:58      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Astronomer Jedi:

Also, my aunt and uncle are kind of snobbish. They go to such lengths keeping up appearances that they nearly kick the bucket.

I've heard OTHER things about your aunt and uncle, know what I mean, nudge, nudge, wink, wink, say no more, say no more..
Posts: 4897 | From: Cambridge, ON, Canada | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
Grummash

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 4289

Icon 1 posted January 22, 2006 11:14      Profile for Grummash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
If only I'd been to the manor born, there'd be no need of another vocation.

If you were to the manor born, would you be enjoying The Good Life ?

--------------------

Astronomer Jedi
Highlie
Member # 4699

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 22, 2006 11:26      Profile for Astronomer Jedi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by drunkennewfiemidget:
quote:
Originally posted by Astronomer Jedi:

I've heard OTHER things about your aunt and uncle, know what I mean, nudge, nudge, wink, wink, say no more, say no more..
That's nothing. The rest of the family have special names that we call them when they're not around. We call them Jabba and Chewbacca. I bet you can guess why. [evil]

Back to the puns: Hey look, it's Superman. Oh, my hero.

--------------------
Estne volumen in toga, an solum tibi libet me videre?

Posts: 606 | From: Perth, Western Australia | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged
garlicguy

Member # 3166

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 22, 2006 11:51      Profile for garlicguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Probably so, since it would allow me even more time for the care and comfort of all creatures great and small, in keeping with our Franciscan charism.

--------------------

The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 22, 2006 12:14      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:

Probably so, since it would allow me even more time for the care and comfort of all creatures great and small, in keeping with our Franciscan charism.
Oh GG, you're such a Goodie goody.

--------------------

garlicguy

Member # 3166

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 22, 2006 15:42      Profile for garlicguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Famous Druid:

Cool! Does this mean I could qualify for an appointment as the Irish RM?

--------------------

The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 23, 2006 00:07      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by The Famous Druid:

Cool! Does this mean I could qualify for an appointment as the Irish RM?
Seems a bit old fashioned for you GG, I see you as more of a new statesman

--------------------

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 101 pages: 1  2  3  ...  51  52  53  54  55  56  57  ...  99  100  101 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture