homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » Love!   » Guys, Guys, Guys!   » 100 Resons Geek Guys are Hot! (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4 

Author Topic: 100 Resons Geek Guys are Hot!
drunkennewfiemidget
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 26, 2005 05:48      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
/me gets all hot for dragonman.

*grin*

Posts: 4897 | From: Cambridge, ON, Canada | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
Demosthenes
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 530

Icon 1 posted July 26, 2005 09:00      Profile for Demosthenes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Cute_e_pi_314:
54. They get so into their games, as long as they don't forget me

Oh, but oft time they do.

Countless hours gazing at the back of his head while he ran in circles in Everquest. Endless protestations of, "But I'm in a RAAAAID." It gives normal gamers a bad name.

I just dumped him. Pardon my bitterness. [Razz]

Xanthine

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 26, 2005 14:01      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Cute_e_pi_314:
53. They can express their feelings better; or use big words to get around it.

????????????????????????????????

Otherwise, I agree, nerds are hot. They are also the only type that doesn't run away screaming when I tell them what I do. If you ever want to get rid of an obnoxious guy, tell him you're a biochemist.

When my nerd ignores me I take that as a sign I can go read Harry Potter. [evil]

Posts: 7670 | From: the lab | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 26, 2005 15:00      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Love geeks, not nerds... :-/
(Ladies, turn your nerds into geeks! [Big Grin] )

While I do like and read /.: News for Nerds, Stuff that Matters, I really tend to prefer the term "geek" to "nerd."

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9331 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
alfrin
Uber Geek
Member # 3836

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 26, 2005 16:24      Profile for alfrin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by dragonman97:

While I do like and read /.: News for Nerds, Stuff that Matters, I really tend to prefer the term "geek" to "nerd."

Hmm, I have always prefered the term Nerd as opposed to geek, I can't quite explain it, but if I say "I'm a nerd" I normally get the "nerds are hot" response from women, if I say "I'm a geek" I get the "thats nice" comment and/or look. And yes, I have extensively tested both words.

--------------------
Art is Resistance / Resistance is Art

Posts: 813 | From: Nevada, USA | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Xanthine

Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 26, 2005 17:37      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Yeah, geeks don't run away screaming either...

But they're also plenty good at providing me with Harry Potter time. [Razz]

Posts: 7670 | From: the lab | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
csk

Member # 1941

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 26, 2005 17:59      Profile for csk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Demosthenes:

So, what's a nice girl like you doing in a topic like this [Wink]

--------------------
6 weeks to go!

Posts: 4455 | From: Sydney, Australia | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Demosthenes
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 530

Icon 1 posted July 26, 2005 19:07      Profile for Demosthenes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by csk:
quote:

Listening to Rollins Band and being grouchy, as per usual. [Razz]
csk

Member # 1941

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 26, 2005 20:12      Profile for csk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
quote:

Wow, no face slap. I must be getting smoother [Wink]

--------------------
6 weeks to go!

Posts: 4455 | From: Sydney, Australia | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Rhonwyyn

Solid Gold SuperFan!
Member # 2854

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 26, 2005 20:51      Profile for Rhonwyyn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

That extra-moisturizing shave gel with Vitamin E and Aloe has certainly been paying off! [Wink]

--------------------
Change the way you SEE, not the way you LOOK!

Posts: 3849 | From: Lancaster, PA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged
Alephcat
Alpha Geek
Member # 2617

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 27, 2005 02:18      Profile for Alephcat   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Rhonwyyn:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

That extra-moisturizing shave gel with Vitamin E and Aloe has certainly been paying off! [Wink]
that sounds more like just well lubricated [Big Grin] [Wink]

--------------------
"You have the right to search in silence. If you give up the right to search in silence, anything you say can and will be modded down in a court of public opinion."

Posts: 300 | From: Chester | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged
drunkennewfiemidget
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 27, 2005 06:22      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by alfrin:
quote:

Hmm, I have always prefered the term Nerd as opposed to geek, I can't quite explain it, but if I say "I'm a nerd" I normally get the "nerds are hot" response from women, if I say "I'm a geek" I get the "thats nice" comment and/or look. And yes, I have extensively tested both words.
I find the exact opposite. Nerd == bad. Geek == good.
Stibbons
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2515

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 27, 2005 07:10      Profile for Stibbons   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by drunkennewfiemidget:

Agreed. I used to prefer nerd to geek, but it seems to work the other way with non-techy people
Posts: 1141 | From: UK | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
nerdwithnofriends
Uber Geek
Member # 3773

Icon 1 posted July 27, 2005 07:54      Profile for nerdwithnofriends     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Stibbons:
quote:

Agreed. I used to prefer nerd to geek, but it seems to work the other way with non-techy people
Am I the only one that finds it ironic that you used programmer's notation when talking about geekiness and nerdiness?

--------------------
"The Buddha, the Godhead, resides quite as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain or in the petals of a flower." - Robert M. Pirsig

BronzeG3
Geek Apprentice
Member # 2590

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 27, 2005 09:13      Profile for BronzeG3   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by nerdwithnofriends:
quote:
quote:

Am I the only one that finds it ironic that you used programmer's notation when talking about geekiness and nerdiness?
Maybe. I use that notation all the time in my conversations online, I even say "double equal" when talking to friends.
Posts: 44 | From: VTech | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Jace Raven

Member # 2444

Icon 1 posted July 27, 2005 09:25      Profile for Jace Raven         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
quote:

Ironic? No. Fitting.
MacManKrisK

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 955

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 27, 2005 22:36      Profile for MacManKrisK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
quote:

Is it worse that he used it, or worse that I didn't notice?

--------------------
"Buy low, sell high
get rich and you still die"

Posts: 2331 | From: Southwest Michigan, USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
i_need_a_pillow
Geek
Member # 2765

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted July 27, 2005 23:29      Profile for i_need_a_pillow     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MacManKrisK:
Is it worse that he used it, or worse that I didn't notice?

I hope it's the former; I didn't notice it either. [Geek]

--------------------
The Guide is definitive. Reality is frequently inaccurate.

Posts: 104 | From: I'm here. Where else? | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
drunkennewfiemidget
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 28, 2005 07:04      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Through my many moons of perl and C hacking, I've just learned that == is a comparison operator, and = is an assignment operator.
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 30, 2005 11:57      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Somewhat off-topic -- JustJess just introduced me to OS X's "Character Palette." Wow! That's a thing of beauty. Oh well, I have no real regrets about finding the mathematical symbols in the Unicode tables (.pdfs for each section), but it's so damn easy on a Mac.

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9331 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
BronzeG3
Geek Apprentice
Member # 2590

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 31, 2005 11:37      Profile for BronzeG3   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I miss "Key Caps" and the ability to hold down the option key to change all the characters. I'm stuck on windows [Frown]
Posts: 44 | From: VTech | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
postgrep
Geek Apprentice
Member # 4201

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 01, 2005 04:02      Profile for postgrep   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
55: They know the Vulcan nerve pinch (or 3 finger salute) and know how to execute it with precision.
Posts: 43 | From: my abode, Australia | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged
Matias
Highlie
Member # 4216

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 01, 2005 15:55      Profile for Matias   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Suddenly I'm feeling really good about myself. [Big Grin]
You should...)

67. GREAT IN BED!

68. Very Considerate ( My Nerd is)

69. Good at providing possible soultions to problems...(his troubleshooting side) [Big Grin]

70. If you do not know where he is...you are most likely to find him playing with his "toys."

--------------------
A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Posts: 516 | From: The Land of the mouse.... | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged
Matias
Highlie
Member # 4216

Member Rated:
Icon 8 posted August 01, 2005 15:58      Profile for Matias   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
sorry...got excited... [Razz]

--------------------
A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Posts: 516 | From: The Land of the mouse.... | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged
postgrep
Geek Apprentice
Member # 4201

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 01, 2005 23:04      Profile for postgrep   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How did you go from 55 to 67?
Posts: 43 | From: my abode, Australia | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture