homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » Love!   » Guys, Guys, Guys!   » 100 Resons Geek Guys are Hot! (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4 

Author Topic: 100 Resons Geek Guys are Hot!
musicbunnydancing
Geek Apprentice
Member # 3756

Member Rated:
Icon 12 posted March 26, 2005 13:30      Profile for musicbunnydancing     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here is were you post a reson (or many) why geek guys are hot. [Smile] Enjoy!

100. They have minds! (Yeah shocked!)

99. They can fix your pc and still be so cute!

98. We they get old like the rest of us. They can still work math problems!

97. They (most of the time) are sweet and a gentalman.

Posts: 46 | From: Paris, France | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged
skylar
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 1422

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 26, 2005 13:49      Profile for skylar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
96. They often have very interesting t-shirt slogans. The wilier ones will have t-shirts with tiny slogans, forcing you to get up close to read them.

95. They are so hopped up on caffeine that it's easier to force them to stay awake all night and talk about 'feelings and stuff'. [Razz]

94. It's more comforting to be rejected for a pretty piece of hardware than for 11 blokes in tight shorts kicking a ball around a field [Big Grin] .

--------------------
"arm, aber geeky"

Posts: 1994 | From: Deutschland | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
TMBWITW,PB

Member # 1734

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 26, 2005 14:50      Profile for TMBWITW,PB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
93. They understand when you lock yourself alone for a few days to do a project or spend time with your latest obsession.

92. They don't mind that you prefer to wear jeans and a t-shirt everyday (and even think you're sexier when you're comfortable). [Big Grin]

91. When you're commenting on a situation by quoting some Star Wars/Star Trek/Monty Python they can always fill in the next line.

90. No arguments over justifying the expense for internet access/a new computer/the latest computer game/new DVDs. [Razz]

--------------------
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye."
—Miss Piggy

Posts: 4010 | From: my couch | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Xanthine

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 26, 2005 17:45      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
89) They fix stuff (not just computers).

88) They don't mind if you work late.

87) They don't mind if you talk about work.

86) They can entertain themselves.

--------------------
And it's one, two, three / On the wrong side of the lee / What were you meant for? / What were you meant for?
- The Decemberists

Posts: 7670 | From: the lab | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Jace Raven

Member # 2444

Icon 1 posted March 26, 2005 23:04      Profile for Jace Raven         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
86) They can entertain themselves.
For days and days! [evil]

*Squish* *Squish* *Squish*

TMBWITW,PB

Member # 1734

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 26, 2005 23:06      Profile for TMBWITW,PB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is that anything like the former
*fwap* *fwap* *fwap*?
[evil]

Posts: 4010 | From: my couch | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Dauthúr
Maximum Newbie
Member # 3247

Icon 1 posted March 27, 2005 00:55      Profile for Dauthúr   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Is that anything like the former
*fwap* *fwap* *fwap*?

Stereotyping, huh? Whatever. I've got 85:

85: We're longhaired (Some of us)

-

I'm not browsing the Guys! section, I merely saw it on /.

--------------------
Take off every 'Sig'. You know what you doing

For great justice.

Posts: 18 | From: Boston, MA | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged
Demosthenes
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 530

Icon 1 posted March 27, 2005 02:07      Profile for Demosthenes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
84: That surefooted, almost arrogant sysadmin superiority. Nothing sexier than that "You can barely write a shell script; you're not worth my time" attitude. (Damn my subbiness.)

83: There's always leftover Asian food in their fridge for snacks.

82: Hackers have the best toys, both in and out of bed. (Cat5 O' Nine Tails, anybody?) When they're too tired out, you can roll over and fire up their PS2. [Wink]

SilverBlade
Alpha Geek
Member # 3541

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 27, 2005 07:59      Profile for SilverBlade   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
(Great idea MBD)

81: There is no such thing as a "posering" geek!

80: They use grammar, punctuation and spelling when communicating online.

79: Good taste in clothes: Practical.

--------------------
http://www.silver-blade.net

Posts: 303 | From: Hong Kong | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Demosthenes
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 530

Icon 1 posted March 27, 2005 13:26      Profile for Demosthenes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by SilverBlade:

Dude, there totally is...ever since being a techie became cool. They're in every scene, trust me. (Geek wannabes also have this overwhelming tendency to be female, though I couldn't tell you why.)
supergoo

SuperFan!
Member # 2280

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 27, 2005 14:06      Profile for supergoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
78) They appear to be "nice guys," so your parents will love them.

77) Underrated (not as likely to be stolen by other girls).

76) Able to carry on long, interesting conversations.

75) Instead of saying "I love you" they'll say "There is no limit as my love goes to infinity!" (ahaha sorry I had to put that in there...)

--------------------
Y los sueños, sueños son.

Posts: 675 | From: Boston 'burbs | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
sconzey
Assimilated
Member # 2347

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 27, 2005 16:12      Profile for sconzey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
80: They use grammar, punctuation and spelling when communicating online.

Oh yeah, I like that one.

My S.O is always saying:

74: When they bend over to get under your desk and behind your computer, their jeans tighten around their cute little ass... (ahhh yeah)

Kudos for the next one goes to Scott Adams.

(2701/37): In prehistoric times, being favoured by natural selection required being able to chase after a fleeing antelope and slaying it with one mighty strike of an axe.

Now it requires the ability to install a broadband modem/graphics card/new CPU without confessing your inadiquacies to a disgruntled tech support person.

--------------------
"Violence is the last resort of the incompetent."
--Isaac Asimov

Posts: 490 | From: UK | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
SilverBlade
Alpha Geek
Member # 3541

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 27, 2005 17:08      Profile for SilverBlade   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Demosthenes:
quote:

Dude, there totally is...ever since being a techie became cool. They're in every scene, trust me. (Geek wannabes also have this overwhelming tendency to be female, though I couldn't tell you why.)
Really? Here in Hong Kong it isn't a cool thing to be a techie. And plus, geek wannabes aren't really geeks, are they? [Wink]

quote:
Originally posted by sconzey:[QB]74: When they bend over to get under your desk and behind your computer, their jeans tighten around their cute little ass... (ahhh yeah)

Yes yes! Definetely! I love watching my boyfriend from behind. [Razz]

--------------------
http://www.silver-blade.net

Posts: 303 | From: Hong Kong | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
drunkennewfiemidget
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 27, 2005 17:11      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Suddenly I'm feeling really good about myself. [Big Grin]
Posts: 4897 | From: Cambridge, ON, Canada | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
Jace Raven

Member # 2444

Icon 1 posted March 27, 2005 23:40      Profile for Jace Raven         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*squish* *squish* *squish* is just *fwap* *fwap* *fwap* with lotion.
Grey_girl

Member # 2172

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 28, 2005 08:48      Profile for Grey_girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
73: They think your obsessions with gadgets (Palm Pilots, new gaming handheld, iPods, cell phones that can surf the web) are normal and more importantly, admirable.

72: They think it's sexy that you know what a 20-sided die is, and know how to use it. They give you brownie points if you can DM a decent round of D & D.

71: They will acknowledge every so often that you may know more about tech than they do and seek out your opinion. Intelligence is highly valued.

Posts: 764 | From: NYC | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
HypedOnMuffins
Maximum Newbie
Member # 3760

Rate Member
Icon 6 posted March 28, 2005 09:04      Profile for HypedOnMuffins     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wait... there's only 100?!! That's it! There's got to be more!

70: They can perform Klingon dating (mating!) rituals with ease, and will sing to you IN Klingon knowing how cute you find it!

--------------------
It's really rude to hate muffins when they so like you! Muffins are quite fond of people, why don't you like them too?

Posts: 12 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged
drunkennewfiemidget
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 28, 2005 09:48      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know I'm a guy, and I'm tooting my own horn (METAPHORICALLY YOU PERVERTS), but:

69: They can count to 31 on one hand.

bageria
Maximum Newbie
Member # 3758

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted March 28, 2005 20:33      Profile for bageria     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
68. They can laugh at the Ex-quarterback from high school whom laughed at them and is now the Exxon attendent. They can do this while sitting in their 100k+ home or while on vacation and working remotely.

Bageria

--------------------
Life isn't like they tell you it is in the movies.

Demosthenes
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 530

Icon 1 posted March 29, 2005 07:23      Profile for Demosthenes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
67: They can spell "reasons."

*peers at subject line* ...Oh. Oops. Strike this one. [Roll Eyes]

drunkennewfiemidget
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 29, 2005 08:33      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The thread was started by a female, n'est-ce pas?
Xanthine

Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 29, 2005 10:05      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Either that or a very effeminate man...

--------------------
And it's one, two, three / On the wrong side of the lee / What were you meant for? / What were you meant for?
- The Decemberists

Posts: 7670 | From: the lab | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
GameMaster
Member # 1173

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 29, 2005 11:17      Profile for GameMaster   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
SilverBlade:
Really? Here in Hong Kong it isn't a cool thing to be a techie. And plus, geek wannabes aren't really geeks, are they? [Wink]
Here, in the US, it is. It's common to hear 12 year olds online talking about their 1337 ski11z, and how they brought down "a gibbson." At MIT events there are often a herd of ex-head-cheerleaders looking for the next Bill Gates to marry; or so certian media seems to spout. There used to be a cliche about going from "geek to chic," but now you hear people saying that "geek is chic."

I thoght now that the internet bubble popped the number of people who were doing technical carreers for the check would thin a bit, and leave the job to those who actually LIKE coding... but looking at the incomming number of incomming CS freshman vrs the number of people who make it through Computer Programming 1,2 and 3... It seems there are a lot of people who just don't have the chops, and of those that get through Programming III, supprisingly few of them write code for fun (personal projects, OSS projects or the like).

--------------------
My Site

Posts: 3038 | From: State of insanity | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
JB
Geek-in-Training
Member # 3102

Icon 1 posted March 29, 2005 15:07      Profile for JB         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by musicbunnydancing:

66: Endothermic metabolism. [Wink]
drunkennewfiemidget
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 29, 2005 15:53      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by JB:
quote:
Originally posted by musicbunnydancing:

66: Endothermic metabolism. [Wink]
Either that or a cornucopia of dorito farts. [Big Grin]

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture