homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » Love!   » Guys, Guys, Guys!   » What guys are REALLY into... (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Author Topic: What guys are REALLY into...
csk

Member # 1941

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 04, 2004 22:05      Profile for csk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Demosthenes:
i'm not a guy, but i am attracted to women, and i'm into computers, bikes, and photography. oh yeah. and sex. [Razz] i'd suspect that any man's list, "geeky" or no, wouldn't be so drastically different.

You got that right. I was wondering how I hacked your account to post that, until I remembered that I didn't do that [Smile]

Edit: But I am a guy, unlike Demosthenes.

--------------------
6 weeks to go!

Posts: 4455 | From: Sydney, Australia | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 05, 2004 00:19      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by csk:
quote:
Originally posted by Demosthenes:
i'm not a guy, but i am attracted to women, and i'm into computers, bikes, and photography. oh yeah. and sex. [Razz] i'd suspect that any man's list, "geeky" or no, wouldn't be so drastically different.

You got that right. I was wondering how I hacked your account to post that, until I remembered that I didn't do that [Smile]

And thus the great "Demosthenes/csk, are they the same person?" debate of 2004 began......

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10680 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Swiss Mercenary

Member # 330

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 05, 2004 02:59      Profile for Swiss Mercenary     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Grey_girl:
Hmmm... just read Jace's post... that must be it. I'm too old. So much for experience. *sniff*

No you are not; sure most guys would like a 20 year old Dolly Bird/Trophy Wife, but when push comes to shove, give me that experience any day, at least you can have some interesting conversations [Wink]
Anyway, from your DOB, you are 3 years younger than me.

Ever thought of moving to Switzerland [Wink] [Big Grin]

--------------------
Evil AI at work.
I am Swiss of Borg. Holes are irrelevant, cheese will be assimilated!

Posts: 2275 | From: All the way from the land of Chocolate, Cheese and Cuckoo Clocks. | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
crazyarlo
Geek
Member # 1226

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted February 05, 2004 07:08      Profile for crazyarlo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like intelligent women with a sense of humor, lots of sarcasm, an appreciation of Geeks, a measure of independence, openmindedness, and most of all, a women who is cuddly. I am very "tactile"...lol
Posts: 238 | From: Southern Ohio ... SURF OHIO, BABY! | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Xanthine

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 05, 2004 08:27      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Famous Druid:
[QUOTE]And thus the great "Demosthenes/csk, are they the same person?" debate of 2004 began......

Not this again!

--------------------
And it's one, two, three / On the wrong side of the lee / What were you meant for? / What were you meant for?
- The Decemberists

Posts: 7670 | From: the lab | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
chromatic
Geek
Member # 164

Member Rated:
Icon 6 posted February 05, 2004 08:55      Profile for chromatic   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Too Cool To Quit:
What guys really want....

Heh, what leads you to believe guys really know?
Posts: 223 | From: Squeaky First Geek House | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Jace Raven

Member # 2444

Icon 1 posted February 05, 2004 13:17      Profile for Jace Raven         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Swiss Mercenary:
quote:
Hmmm... just read Jace's post... that must be it. I'm too old. So much for experience. *sniff*

No you are not; sure most guys would like a 20 year old Dolly Bird/Trophy Wife, but when push comes to shove, give me that experience any day, at least you can have some interesting conversations [Wink]
Anyway, from your DOB, you are 3 years younger than me.

Ever thought of moving to Switzerland [Wink] [Big Grin]

Its not that you are too old, it's that I am too young. I dont think that i have enough maturity nor experience with relationships to be with anyone over 20.

But hey, I'm willing to experiment.

Orpheus
Highlie
Member # 2397

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 05, 2004 13:24      Profile for Orpheus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Xanthine:
quote:
Originally posted by The Famous Druid:
[QUOTE]And thus the great "Demosthenes/csk, are they the same person?" debate of 2004 began......

Not this again!
[whisper href="to the darkness"]I am secretly everyone[/whisper]

[shifty eyed lurk/]

--------------------
my cats make me crazy

Posts: 554 | From: Galveston, TX | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged
Lithandro
Geek
Member # 2407

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted February 05, 2004 13:26      Profile for Lithandro   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by spungo:
Only if it's on her face.

There is risk of self contamination there so I disagree.

--------------------
But why is the rum gone?

Posts: 106 | From: Pontefract, UK | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged
ZorroTheFox
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 917

Icon 12 posted February 05, 2004 16:45      Profile for ZorroTheFox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm easy, I just want a woman to obey My every command.
Posts: 3046 | From: Tacoma, WA, USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Slurpy
Highlie
Member # 2050

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 05, 2004 21:27      Profile for Slurpy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
So Slurpy, then why am I single? [Wink] I have all 4 items on your list and although I am not Carrie Fisher, Lucasfilm does appear on my resume.

Because men who like outspoken women tend to be outspoken, and therefore speak out too often, and piss them off before they have a chance to get close. I know it happens to me (except for the ones I scare off before I piss them off [shake head] ).

--------------------
I must first reveal my personal bias in this discussion, since I worship at the 'First Church of PDF Really Sucks.'
-Bruce Tognazzini
http://thegeekgroup.org
Geek ID# 1162

Posts: 692 | From: Cincinnati, OH | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Drasca
Assimilated
Member # 276

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 05, 2004 21:34      Profile for Drasca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MTB Babe:
Wow guyz sure ask for a lot [crazy]

LOL well we want more than that--but beggars can't be choosers.

Already mentioned: the "won't stew about a problem for x weeks then do ___insert vengeful bomb dropping activity here___ (break up, sleep around, ask guys here for more). I require a woman who will talk about her feelings, tell me what's really wrong when needed and broadcast what's right when the going is good. Preferably with sex, but huggly, kissing cuddliness would be fantastic too.

A woman who will keep continue when the going gets rough, who is forgiving when necessary, who may get angry but not vengeful, who loves and appreciates many different interests foreign and familiar, and is patient enough to keep me when I am in the wrong until I correct myself.

A woman who knows how to be happy, with herself and others, alongside when sadness befalls the road ahead.

There's a lot... but it seems futile to list it all when a young man has no one himself, nor could he live up to deserve such a dream woman. He may only try and do his best possible, and let her judge if she wants him.

--------------------
-Drasca
"To dream is the most wonderful and foolish thing there is"

Posts: 400 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Jace Raven

Member # 2444

Icon 1 posted February 05, 2004 23:21      Profile for Jace Raven         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
you know, after reading this, i have come to the conclusion: we are not all that different. I can eaisly go for all of the suggestions placed here (except for the "obey my every comand" deal).
Xanthine

Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 05, 2004 23:48      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ZorroTheFox:

Zorro, I've said it before and I'll say it again: the woman you find will be very special indeed. [Razz]

--------------------
And it's one, two, three / On the wrong side of the lee / What were you meant for? / What were you meant for?
- The Decemberists

Too Cool To Quit
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2217

Icon 1 posted February 06, 2004 11:21      Profile for Too Cool To Quit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jace Raven:
you know, after reading this, i have come to the conclusion: we are not all that different. I can eaisly go for all of the suggestions placed here (except for the "obey my every comand" deal).

And here I am siding with Zorro...

[crazy] [Beard of Peter Gabriel!]

--------------------
Alright now, that's the last straw, I'm calling the ass taxidermist to tell him to stop making hats in your size RIGHT NOW.

Posts: 1097 | From: North Carolina | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Too Cool To Quit
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2217

Icon 1 posted February 06, 2004 11:26      Profile for Too Cool To Quit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by dragonman97:
Well, I suggested to Xanthine that I smack you around a bit, but she thought it would be more tasteful if I just froze you. You never know, you might make a nice ice sculpture [Big Grin] .

I actually mean that I love itty bitty titties... D'oh!

--------------------
Alright now, that's the last straw, I'm calling the ass taxidermist to tell him to stop making hats in your size RIGHT NOW.

dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 06, 2004 11:57      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dude, I was getting at your lack of tact, which I may have mentioned once or twice on IRC [Wink] .

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9332 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Too Cool To Quit
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2217

Icon 1 posted February 06, 2004 11:58      Profile for Too Cool To Quit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok Ok, so I don't have any tact, but, so! This is a new generation type thing...

--------------------

defiant
Geek
Member # 2225

Icon 1 posted February 07, 2004 12:33      Profile for defiant     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

I could sing a thousand songs about experience, and I have to tell you something: Where can I sign up?

Experience before age. [Razz]

Posts: 190 | From: Switzerland | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged
Xanthine

Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 07, 2004 12:51      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Ok Ok, so I don't have any tact, but, so! This is a new generation type thing...

Tact has been known to keep people alive, TCTQ. [Wink] [Razz]

--------------------
- The Decemberists

The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 07, 2004 13:53      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:

Tact has been known to keep people alive, TCTQ. [Wink] [Razz]
<cordelia>
Tact is just not saying things that are true
</cordelia>

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10680 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
ZorroTheFox
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 917

Icon 12 posted February 08, 2004 18:07      Profile for ZorroTheFox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by ZorroTheFox:

Zorro, I've said it before and I'll say it again: the woman you find will be very special indeed. [Razz]
thanks, though I'm sure no matter how much control I have she'll ultimately be the one that gets what she really wants. I'm kinda easy that way, I've always had a hard time saying NO! [Wink]
Posts: 3046 | From: Tacoma, WA, USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Dr. O
Mini Geek
Member # 2585

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 13, 2004 20:02      Profile for Dr. O     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I really just did this to put the Where are all the nerdy guys post out of circuit. here goes...

What guys really want.... [Beard of Peter Gabriel!]

obscenities welcome.. i guess...

Some great answers here.

I know what I want.......someone to love.
--and who understands the need to upgrade a 400MHz celeron to a new 3G 800fsb. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Is that tempura in your pocket or are you just happy sashimi?

Posts: 71 | From: Durango, CO | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
aberrantgeek
Geek
Member # 2336

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 13, 2004 21:03      Profile for aberrantgeek   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Assuming that I know what I want (which I really dont) sometimes I wonder what it would be like to have a relationship with someone I had alot in common with, the closest ive gotten is a girl obsessed with harry potter. I guess I would want someone intelligent, someone I can have a discussion with. Though I am against superficiality since we are going for ideal here I guess I would like someone who is attractive as well. Basically I would be happy with someone who I can ramble off to and not get lost in the constant subject changes and obscure references that make up my conversations.

--------------------
"Everyone's life sucks" -Jerry Seinfield

AIM SN=aberrantgeek

Posts: 106 | From: South Carolina | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
Dr. O
Mini Geek
Member # 2585

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 13, 2004 21:25      Profile for Dr. O     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ya know, I think part of my problem is that I have had a taste of what I want.....and I want that again in the new improved form.

I had a great relationship about five years ago with a woman who wasn't really a geek, but could relate. We were very much alike; both Taurus, both active outdoors, both impassioned by our work. She was an absolute sweetheart and I loved her so much.

To keep it short, she was almost 10 years younger than me and was really caught in image; not in herself, but with guys that had the 'tall, dark, handsome' thing going. A 'friend' of ours helped me land a one time contract with an educational company that needed a logistics/technology person to travel to about nine different countries. While I was gone, our 'friend' (of the tall, dark, handsome variety)got a little smooth and, you guessed it, she fell completely for it. I came home from the trip christmas eve to no home, no girlfriend, ready to slit my wrists.

So, five years later, I am finally over that and missing being able to love like that.

That's what I want, to be able to love like that, and more, again. [hearts]

Posts: 71 | From: Durango, CO | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture