homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » The Joke Bank!   » The Bleeding Obvious

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The Bleeding Obvious
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 09, 2013 09:56      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've always been fascinated by some peoples need to post signs pointing out The Bleeding Obvious.

Found this one in a forest, at the point where 3 paths meet...

-

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10668 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
GrumpySteen

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 170

Icon 1 posted August 09, 2013 12:52      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Someone really needs to make one more arrow which reads "Not A Path" and attach it to the back of the sign.

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

Posts: 6364 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
macmcseboy

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 1232

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 09, 2013 14:00      Profile for macmcseboy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
YOU SHALL NOT PATH!

--------------------
Live long and prosper.

Posts: 1139 | From: Victoria BC... | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted August 09, 2013 14:54      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
lol to all the above. [Big Grin]
Posts: 8100 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
TheMoMan
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 10, 2013 12:14      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
TFD, I am sure that as the years rolled by, you have met individuals, that needed such signs. When coming to a "T" they would not know what to do,

"So Here's Your Sign" Paraphrased from Bill Engval.

I was at a credit union at one time, the teller stated that you needed to be a member to cash a check. The customer stated that she had a checking and a savings account does that count.

One of those two needed "Here's your Sign"

--------------------
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Benjamin Franklin,

Posts: 5835 | From: Just South of the Huron National Forest, in the water shed of the Rifle River | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 10, 2013 16:42      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TheMoMan:
TFD, I am sure that as the years rolled by, you have met individuals, that needed such signs. When coming to a "T" they would not know what to do,

"So Here's Your Sign" Paraphrased from Bill Engval.

I was at a credit union at one time, the teller stated that you needed to be a member to cash a check. The customer stated that she had a checking and a savings account does that count.

One of those two needed "Here's your Sign"

See also: http://notalwaysright.com/

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9331 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Ashitaka

SuperFan!
Member # 4924

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 10, 2013 18:02      Profile for Ashitaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Probably they are just pointing out that the city of Path can be reached by travelling in any of those three directions.

--------------------
"If they're not gonna make a distinction between Muslims and violent extremists, then why should I take the time to distinguish between decent, fearful white people and racists?"

-Assif Mandvi

Posts: 3089 | From: Switzerland | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 10, 2013 21:21      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Or maybe some park guy told his lackey to have a sign installed and on the back on an envelope, sketched it out, putting 'Path' on it with the expectation that the path names would be added by his lackey. D'oh!

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9331 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Rhonwyyn

Solid Gold SuperFan!
Member # 2854

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 11, 2013 01:16      Profile for Rhonwyyn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by dragonman97:
See also: http://notalwaysright.com/

Loving this. Thanks, dman!

--------------------
Change the way you SEE, not the way you LOOK!

Posts: 3849 | From: Lancaster, PA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged
TheMoMan
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 12, 2013 14:58      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What is not Bleeding Obvious, is what intersection is involved.

S. Path with E & W Path

W. Path with S & N Path

N. Path with W & E Path

E. Path with N & S Path.

From the lichen on the sign one could deduce the directions, TFD were you looking N when you took the photo?

--------------------
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Benjamin Franklin,

Posts: 5835 | From: Just South of the Huron National Forest, in the water shed of the Rifle River | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 12, 2013 20:07      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TheMoMan:
From the lichen on the sign one could deduce the directions,

If you knew which hemisphere I was in.
But you'd probably guess wrong, because the photo was taken in Scotland, not Australia.

TFD were you looking N when you took the photo?

Looking approximately West, so it would be...

E. Path with N & S Path.

If they'd wanted to make the signs more informative, they could have been labelled...
The Pineapple
The Dark Tower
The Fields Of Gold.

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

That70sGirl
Single Celled Newbie
Member # 50379

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted August 14, 2013 15:20      Profile for That70sGirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Famous Druid:
Found this one in a forest, at the point where 3 paths meet...

-

LOL! That's amazing. I was reading a menu last night that when it got to the vegetarian section had to clarify further by stating "No meat" underneath each sandwich.
Posts: 4 | From: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: Aug 2013  |  IP: Logged
ewomack
Highlie
Member # 3225

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 17, 2013 12:39      Profile for ewomack   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I owe a lot to these signs at Niagra Falls...

-

-

I was about to go over, but thankfully I spotted one before hurtling myself into the abyss... I had no idea such a thing was dangerous...

They're only on the American side...

--------------------
Ed Womack
Get Milked

The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 17, 2013 23:00      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just saw this one on the web...
 -

--------------------

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture