homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » The Joke Bank!   » Old fashioned medicine?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Old fashioned medicine?
garlicguy

Member # 3166

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 26, 2007 14:44      Profile for garlicguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Amazingly Simple Home Remedies

1. Avoid cutting yourself slicing vegetables by getting someone else to hold while you chop.

2. Avoid arguments with the Mrs. about lifting the toilet seat, by using the shower.

3. For high blood pressure sufferers: simply cut yourself and bleed for a few minutes, thus reducing the pressure in your veins. Remember to use timer.

4. A mouse trap, placed on top of your alarm clock, will prevent you from rolling over and going back to sleep after you hit the snooze button.

5. If you have a bad cough, take a large dose of laxative. Then you will be afraid to cough.

6. You only need 2 tools in life WD-40 & Duct tape. If it doesn't move and should, use the WD-40. If it shouldn't move and does, use the duct tape.

7. If you are choking on an ice cube, simply pour a cup of boiling water down your throat. Presto! The blockage will instantly remove itself.

8. Remember: everyone seems normal until you get to know them.

Daily thought: SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKYS. NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS

gg  -

--------------------
I don't know what I was thinking... it seemed like a good idea at the time.

Posts: 3752 | From: Pluto, no matter what you call it, is still my home. | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
Papa
Geek
Member # 172

Member Rated:
Icon 7 posted November 27, 2007 01:56      Profile for Papa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by garlicguy:
Amazingly Simple Home Remedies

6. You only need 2 tools in life WD-40 & Duct tape. If it doesn't move and should, use the WD-40. If it shouldn't move and does, use the duct tape.

gg  -

All good ideas; I'll have to remember them. As for #6; keep in mind that WD40 is not a lubricant, it's a water displacer, hence the "WD." [Beard of Peter Gabriel!]

--------------------
Papa
Keeper of The Book

Posts: 173 | From: Syracuse, NY, USA | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Ugh, MightyClub
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 3112

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 28, 2007 09:11      Profile for Ugh, MightyClub     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ah, gg, great to see you, and in fine form to boot!

--------------------
Ugh!

Posts: 1742 | From: Ithaca, NY | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture