homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » The Joke Bank!   » Too easy... (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Too easy...
garlicguy

Member # 3166

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 09, 2007 12:23      Profile for garlicguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WORLD'S EASIEST QUIZ
(Passing requires 4 correct answers)
Please answer all questions before scrolling down for the answers.
Good luck and be honest.

1) How long did the Hundred Years' War last?

2) Which country makes Panama hats?

3) From which animal do we get catgut?

4) In which month do Russians celebrate the October Revolution?

5) What is a camel's hair brush made of?

6) The Canary Islands in the Pacific are named after what animal?

7) What was King George VI's first name?

8) What color is a purple finch?

9) Where are Chinese Gooseberries from?

10) What is the color of the black box in a commercial airplane?

All done?

Remember, you need 4 correct answers to pass. Check your answers below.

ANSWERS TO THE QUIZ

1) How long did the Hundred Years War last?
116 years
2) Which country makes Panama hats? Ecuador
3) From which animal do we get cat gut? Sheep and Horses
4) In which month do Russians celebrate the October Revolution? November
5) What is a camel's hair brush made of? Squirrel fur
6) The Canary Islands in the Pacific are named after what animal? Dogs
7) What was King George VI's first name? Albert
8) What color is a purple finch? Crimson
9) Where are Chinese gooseberries from? New Zealand
10) What is the color of the black box in a commercial airplane? Orange , of course.

What do you mean, you failed?
Me, too. (And if you try to tell us you passed, you lie!)

--------------------
I don't know what I was thinking... it seemed like a good idea at the time.

Posts: 3752 | From: Pluto, no matter what you call it, is still my home. | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
Ugh, MightyClub
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 3112

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 09, 2007 12:46      Profile for Ugh, MightyClub     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I failed, knowing that the obvious answers were wrong but, sadly, not knowing the correct ones. Nice find, gg [thumbsup]

--------------------
Ugh!

Posts: 1739 | From: Ithaca, NY | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
Stereo

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 748

Member Rated:
Icon 11 posted January 09, 2007 12:48      Profile for Stereo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had 3 and 10, and half-guessed 4. And I knew Panama hats aren't from Panama, but couldn't remember the right country, and that the Hundred Years' War didn't last 100 years but thought it was around 88. So yeah, I failed.

--------------------
Eppur, si muove!

Galileo Galilei

Posts: 2289 | From: Gatineau, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
GrumpySteen

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 170

Icon 1 posted January 09, 2007 12:59      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I got all but one correct, but I've seen the quiz before so it doesn't really count.

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

Posts: 6364 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Black Widow
Uber Geek
Member # 3046

Icon 1 posted January 09, 2007 13:22      Profile for Black Widow     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I got 6 and 10 (6 after the horrible deaths in San Francisco years ago, attributed to the vicious Presa Canario dogs). I knew that the 100 years war wasn't 100 years, I thought it was around 84 years or so.
Posts: 931 | From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged
Ugh, MightyClub
Member # 3112

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 09, 2007 14:12      Profile for Ugh, MightyClub     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I used to know when the Hundred Years' War began, but now I've forgotten even that. 1412? 1682? Blargh! I pulled the answer out of my arse during a Trivial Pursuit game with Mrs. Club years ago. She was not amused.

--------------------
Ugh!

Swiss Mercenary

Member # 330

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 09, 2007 14:46      Profile for Swiss Mercenary     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Phew! Just made 4.
The Hundred Years War
October Revolution
Canaries
Black Box

Then again, they are the four most common 'obvious' questions asked.

--------------------
Evil AI at work.
I am Swiss of Borg. Holes are irrelevant, cheese will be assimilated!

Posts: 2275 | From: All the way from the land of Chocolate, Cheese and Cuckoo Clocks. | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Tominfla
Geek
Member # 6767

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 09, 2007 15:48      Profile for Tominfla     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The results of my test: [ohwell] [shake head]

• 1 Oh so close
    2 Nope
    3 Sorry
    4 Play again please
    5 Game over
    6 Thank you for playing
    7 Have a nice day
    8 BUZZ Wrong answer
    9 Time's up
    10 Pencils down please

Do I get a gold star for good effort? [Big Grin]

--------------------
"Go get that Earth creature and bring back the Uranium Pew36 Space Modulator" -- Marvin Martian

Posts: 245 | From: Orlando, Florida, USA | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
Serenak

Member # 2950

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 09, 2007 18:07      Profile for Serenak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I got 4 exactly

100 years war... (falls inside a hobby interest of mine so luck really)

Panama hats... Don't know how I knew this one - not Panama obviously, guess I just heard it somewhere or luck again (though I do know that apparently nearly everyone in Ecuador wears a "Panama hat", and where the hell I get that from I just don't know)

October Revolution... Again not quite sure how I know it was in November (I guess the proponents started it in October) and it actually happened/finished in November??? Whatever!

Of course "Black Boxes" are Fluorescent Orange - how else would anyone find it? (Black Box refers to the technology, not the colour [Big Grin] )

--------------------
"So if you want my address - it's No. 1 at the end of the bar, where I sit with the broken angels, clutching at straws and nursing my scars..."

Posts: 1936 | From: Suffolk England | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Tominfla
Geek
Member # 6767

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 09, 2007 20:07      Profile for Tominfla     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I need to note that I actually got one right... it was the October revolution.

LOL

DOH! [Geek]

--------------------
"Go get that Earth creature and bring back the Uranium Pew36 Space Modulator" -- Marvin Martian

Posts: 245 | From: Orlando, Florida, USA | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
never_ask_why333
Geek
Member # 6340

Icon 1 posted January 10, 2007 14:47      Profile for never_ask_why333     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1.) I actually knew that, but only because I just had a test about it the other day in History class.
3.) got this one ( i didn't know about sheep, but I knew about horses. Long story short, my friend has an antique viola)
4.) got it, but only due to my obsession with Russia.
8.) I wrote down maroon/burgundy. Does that count?

Other than that, I was clueless. (though I figured the answers weren't the obvious ones, duh)
Great quiz though!
Did you find it, or compile it yourself?
[Applause] [Applause] [Applause]

--------------------
I haven't forgotten
and I won't forget
I just haven't gotten
around to it yet

You can call me Eternity :)

stevenback7
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 5114

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 10, 2007 17:36      Profile for stevenback7   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yeah, got a couple right thanks to tv. I also thought the hundred year war was 88 years but then again i'm not that big into the history channel

--------------------
Comic Book Guy: There is no emoticon for what i'm feeling.

Posts: 1199 | From: Canada eh? | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
Too Cool To Quit
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2217

Icon 1 posted January 11, 2007 03:18      Profile for Too Cool To Quit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Got me completely.
Posts: 1097 | From: North Carolina | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Stibbons
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2515

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 11, 2007 09:22      Profile for Stibbons   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Got five. 1, 2, 3, 5 and 10. Good quiz though, where'd you get it from?
Posts: 1141 | From: UK | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
garlicguy

Member # 3166

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 11, 2007 09:53      Profile for garlicguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Stibbons:
Got five. 1, 2, 3, 5 and 10. Good quiz though, where'd you get it from?

A retired microbiologist friend from Illinois, USA emailed it to me, though I'm not certain where he found it.

I might have passed with 4 correct, but #10 threw me. I worked with black boxes in the USN, and they where Black. I've never seen one for a commercial aircraft and reasoned that the silly test was going to give away one obvious answer. [ohwell]

Glad you enjoyed it. [Wink]

--------------------

Posts: 3752 | From: Pluto, no matter what you call it, is still my home. | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
Colonel Panic
Member # 1200

Icon 1 posted January 11, 2007 17:28      Profile for Colonel Panic         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Funny. Cool test . For questions like this, it may be more telling how somebody might know them.

quote:
Originally posted by garlicguy:
WORLD'S EASIEST QUIZ
Please answer all questions before scrolling down for the answers.
Good luck and be honest.

1) How long did the Hundred Years' War last?

Paid attention in History class, recalled some Monty Python movie with Sting making a cameo, which reinforced the memory. I can't recall the movie's name though. It was based on some European fairy tale.

2) Which country makes Panama hats?

Know a guy from Ecuador who is a coffee merchant. He won't let me forget this.

3) From which animal do we get catgut?

Worked at an American company that sewed custom English riding saddles. I don't think we used the stuff be we had this raging debate for a week. This was before wikipedia and google, so somebody had to go to the library and photocopy it and bring the evidence to work. Needless to say it was a mind numbing job, but we had stuff for that.

4) In which month do Russians celebrate the October Revolution?

My ex and the movie "Reds". Warren Beatty and Dianne Keaton. Huge subject became what was real in that movie.

5) What is a camel's hair brush made of?

Beats me.

6) The Canary Islands in the Pacific are named after what animal?

Two dog food companies have enriched the Colonel's coffers. After a while you know wierd crap about dogs.

7) What was King George VI's first name?

Does it really matter? Heck most of the other questions didn't --but seemed to occupy somebody's time.

8) What color is a purple finch?

Had a bunch of them in my back yard and coudldn't figure out what they were. Thought for a while I had discovered a new species and would name it, "Colonel Panic's Finch" BTW, along the way I also learned that the Red-Breasted Robin is also known as a Wood Thrush.

9) Where are Chinese Gooseberries from?

I garden. A lot. Maybe too much.

10) What is the color of the black box in a commercial airplane?

That was on the news with the flight that exploded over Lockerbie. Then all the reporters who missed that finally told us about it when that flight out of New York went down and folks thought it was a US Navy missle that errantly shot it down. Airplane manufacturers paint the box orange to make it easier to find. I suppose the Navy might want to be more discrete about such things and would paint the box black. Most disaster recovery folks have military backgrounds, so the term may have followed them to their civvy jobs.

[/QB]

8/10 does not indicate intelligence, but is rather an idiot's admission that I really have nothing better to do with my time.

Good test, GG. You after all this time, you have finally exposed me.

[Wink]

CP

--------------------
Free! Free at last!

Posts: 1809 | From: Glacier Melt, USA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
catgoddess
Geek
Member # 6838

Icon 1 posted January 12, 2007 10:05      Profile for catgoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just drooled and farted while I read it...

--------------------
"I love humanity but I hate people." Edna St. Vincent Millay

Posts: 102 | From: Rochester, NY | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
GrumpySteen

Member # 170

Icon 1 posted January 12, 2007 11:05      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
catgoddess wrote:

You wouldn't say that out loud if you had any idea how attractive it is to freaks like me.

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

garlicguy

Member # 3166

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 12, 2007 11:58      Profile for garlicguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by catgoddess:

This seems an unusual reaction from an author???

Is this good?

Normal?

Related to mental condition? Diet?

Inquiring minds need to know, catgoddess... [Razz]

--------------------

Ugh, MightyClub
Member # 3112

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 12, 2007 13:13      Profile for Ugh, MightyClub     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ironically enough, Mind of Mencia had a "man on the street" segment last night where Carlos encouraged people to speak their minds. Some did it in a booth with a camera. One lady talked about how she was a very "gaseous" person and liked to fart a lot.

To make a long story into a longer question... Was that you, catgoddess?! [Eek!] [Big Grin]

--------------------
Ugh!

catgoddess
Geek
Member # 6838

Icon 1 posted January 12, 2007 19:28      Profile for catgoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Unusual for an author?

Wait... am I really not suppose to fart if I'm a writer? No one told me that in writer's school. Dammit.

I wasn't on Mencia (at least I don't think I was), BUT (keep this under your hats) it was rumored I was a muse for some artwork...

--------------------

Ugh, MightyClub
Member # 3112

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 12, 2007 20:11      Profile for Ugh, MightyClub     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
P00t!

Cat (Litter) Woman, catgoddess, what's the diff?

--------------------
Ugh!

uilleann
Discontinued

Icon 1 posted January 12, 2007 20:35            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
W-T-F? [Razz]
IP: Logged
catgoddess
Geek
Member # 6838

Icon 1 posted January 12, 2007 20:37      Profile for catgoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OMG... that was fantastic...

And the "Fan Club" serves as a warning... I will do that.

Thank you.

--------------------

GrumpySteen

Member # 170

Icon 7 posted January 12, 2007 21:19      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
catgoddess wrote:
And the "Fan Club" serves as a warning... I will do that.

Do you come with other warning labels? ...and just how badly will I get hurt if I try to find them?

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture