homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » The Joke Bank!   » Sprouts, sprouts, leave em all out...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Sprouts, sprouts, leave em all out...
Serenak

Member # 2950

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 24, 2006 17:23      Profile for Serenak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For sprout haters everywhere...

http://www.eyegas.com/xmas05/

Silly but fun

[Big Grin]

--------------------
"So if you want my address - it's No. 1 at the end of the bar, where I sit with the broken angels, clutching at straws and nursing my scars..."

Posts: 1937 | From: Suffolk England | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 24, 2006 21:01      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Heh...cute. I rather like the song on the front page, at that. Kind of like a dark Rob Manuel. ;P

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9332 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
uilleann
Discontinued

Icon 1 posted December 24, 2006 21:20            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
lol WTF?! Kind like Transistor's Revenge but on drugs.

And worst Tears for Fears cover evar! :P

IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 24, 2006 22:40      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by uilleann:
lol WTF?! Kind like Transistor's Revenge but on drugs.

And worst Tears for Fears cover evar! [Razz]

Erm...I do suck at aural recognition...knew it seemed pretty familiar. One YouTube video later, and it's sorted. Still, I like the acoustic vers. of Sprouts...

And now, I'm going to chill out to this:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=O9mEKMz2Pvo

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9332 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
uilleann
Discontinued

Icon 1 posted December 24, 2006 22:49            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, he's really excellent.

Or, maybe not. See, at the frame rate I get, he's not actually playing the notes, so I bet it's dubbed over and he's not really playing that :]

dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 24, 2006 22:53      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, given that he's won widespread acclaim, I'm pretty sure it's real. [Razz]
Stil, at one point, his hands appear to be moving FTL...

So...here's something a bit more subliminal, and distrubing...a cover from your land: http://www.b3ta.com/links/10932

--------------------

uilleann
Discontinued

Icon 1 posted December 24, 2006 23:16            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Aw, I miss Lemvana ... :(

Some music I found on the art block PC at school (it had come from the adjoining music department) with sections of Nirvana songs (including that one) speeded up and joined together to make cute Lemming songs. For some reason, I deleted them off my own hard drive a log time ago.

And, heck, ukeleles only have four strings? That must make playing it fast harder as you have less notes available at any time.

Too Cool To Quit
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2217

Icon 1 posted December 25, 2006 07:28      Profile for Too Cool To Quit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm not sure quite how to explain this that I could convey it to someone who isn't "in the club" so to speak, but let's put it this way, it's actually very easy to do what he's doing, given you understand and possess the mechanics and the technique of playing any stringed, fretted instrument very well. No doubt he has talent though. There is certain point when technique becomes second nature and talent takes over, and that's where he's at.
Posts: 1097 | From: North Carolina | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture