homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » The Joke Bank!   » My keepers (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Author Topic: My keepers
Stampy
Newbie Larva
Member # 5351

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 05, 2006 16:31      Profile for Stampy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What's the similarity between a single man and borrowed money?

They're both a loan.

Did you hear about the deaf fish? [Frown]

He had to get a herring-aid!

and, in fact, I'll save my really good ones for later.

Posts: 6 | From: England | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Callipygous
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2071

Member Rated:
Icon 2 posted July 06, 2006 01:10      Profile for Callipygous     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh nooo! Just when I thought it was safe to go back in the forums, another punster on the boards! [Wink]

--------------------
"Knowledge is Power. France is Bacon" - Milton

Posts: 2922 | From: Brighton - UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 06, 2006 03:15      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A boy was fishing from a bridge, right next to a big "NO FISHING" sign.

A policeman walks up and says "Can't fish here son"

to which the boy replied

"I do not know sir"

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10680 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
garlicguy

Member # 3166

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 06, 2006 07:42      Profile for garlicguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Could this be the beginning of a long overdue punfest?

If so, I'll play along, but just for the halibut.

--------------------
I don't know what I was thinking... it seemed like a good idea at the time.

Posts: 3752 | From: Pluto, no matter what you call it, is still my home. | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
Mac D
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 2926

Icon 1 posted July 06, 2006 10:12      Profile for Mac D     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A man walks into a bar ...... It hurt.

Maybe he should have walked into a *walleye*

To tired to play along today but I'll try.

--------------------
There's nothing wrong with me, This is how I'm supposed to be.

Posts: 1449 | From: Where I am is very relative to my location at that time. | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 06, 2006 17:56      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by garlicguy:
Could this be the beginning of a long overdue punfest?

If so, I'll play along, but just for the halibut.

GG: punning is a sin.
May Cod have mercy on your sole.

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Jace Raven

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 2444

Icon 1 posted July 06, 2006 18:38      Profile for Jace Raven         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I refuse to take the bait.
canadiangeek
Geek
Member # 4946

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 06, 2006 18:46      Profile for canadiangeek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I keep trying to cast these horrible puns out of my head, but they just keep reeling back in.

--------------------
-whenever you build something that's idiotproof, someone comes out with a better idiot-

Posts: 161 | From: Nova Scotia | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
Mac D
Member # 2926

Icon 1 posted July 07, 2006 06:22      Profile for Mac D     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just pack the puns in there like a bunch of sardines why don't you.

-

--------------------

Posts: 1449 | From: Where I am is very relative to my location at that time. | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
garlicguy

Member # 3166

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 07, 2006 06:56      Profile for garlicguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Famous Druid:

Quit your whaling, Druid. It's not aboat the puns, it's about the danged phish(ing).

--------------------

Posts: 3752 | From: Pluto, no matter what you call it, is still my home. | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 07, 2006 13:50      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:

Quit your whaling, Druid. It's not aboat the puns, it's about the danged phish(ing).
GG, the first step to recovery is admitting that you're hooked.

Just stand up and say "Punning is a sin, and I am gillty".

--------------------

garlicguy

Member # 3166

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 08, 2006 10:11      Profile for garlicguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Just stand up and say "Punning is a sin, and I am gillty".

I suppose you're right, Druid, though I'm unsure what the net effect would be of doing so.

--------------------

Grummash

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 4289

Icon 1 posted July 08, 2006 13:18      Profile for Grummash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My name is Grummash, and I pun.
My life is out of con-trawl.
Every day I han-Dover Sole to my Higher Power. Eel look after me. [Big Grin]

--------------------
...and yet, across the gulf of space, minds immeasurably superior to ours regarded this earth with envious eyes...

Posts: 2335 | From: Lancashire,UK | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
garlicguy

Member # 3166

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 08, 2006 20:46      Profile for garlicguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Grummash:
My name is Grummash, and I pun.
My life is out of con-trawl.
Every day I han-Dover Sole to my Higher Power. Eel look after me. [Big Grin]

This looks serious, Grummy. If my temptation to pun gets too strong to deal with, I just go to the local brew-pub and oyster a few pints...

--------------------

Grummash

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 4289

Icon 1 posted July 09, 2006 07:49      Profile for Grummash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by garrlicguy:
If my temptation to pun gets too strong to deal with, I just go to the local brew-pub and oyster a few pints...

..and if a few of us follow you...in a line... we could do the Conger. [Razz]

--------------------
...and yet, across the gulf of space, minds immeasurably superior to ours regarded this earth with envious eyes...

garlicguy

Member # 3166

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 09, 2006 08:48      Profile for garlicguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Shorely you don't mean to suggest line-dancing?

--------------------

Grummash

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 4289

Icon 1 posted July 09, 2006 09:35      Profile for Grummash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Shorely you don't mean to suggest line-dancing?

Maybe...
Or maybe Pole-dancing...
Or we could do a Highland Reel...
Just pick a good tune, one with a nice hook, something that floats your boat and I'm sure before long everyone will want to Hake, Rattle 'n' Roll. [Big Grin]

--------------------

cafeina
Newbie Larva
Member # 5292

Icon 1 posted July 10, 2006 07:01      Profile for cafeina     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You guys! I'm about to bust a gut reading all of these incredible fish tales. My sides are splitting! I don't want to go overboard with this laughter-inducing reading...but life is short...so carpe Diem
Posts: 8 | From: Anchorage, AK | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged
garlicguy

Member # 3166

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 11, 2006 07:39      Profile for garlicguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice to see a n00b trouting out a few puns.

--------------------

drunkennewfiemidget
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 11, 2006 09:56      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When I came on the board, something smelt of a punfest.

That's right, I'm one of those people capelin of smellin' 'em.

Posts: 4897 | From: Cambridge, ON, Canada | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
Mac D
Member # 2926

Icon 1 posted July 11, 2006 11:25      Profile for Mac D     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Did you guys go to a pun school or something. It's a little fishy that you do it so much.

--------------------

soulshine
Mini Geek
Member # 5367

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 11, 2006 13:58      Profile for soulshine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is the sole reason for this thread to flex your pun mussels?

I've harboured a desire to do this for years.

Fintastic! :/

Posts: 76 | From: North Yorkshire, UK | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 11, 2006 14:10      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've haddock up to here with these puns, it's time for you to finish !

--------------------

soulshine
Mini Geek
Member # 5367

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 11, 2006 14:15      Profile for soulshine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think it's all just bait. Don't try and tackle it.
Posts: 76 | From: North Yorkshire, UK | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
garlicguy

Member # 3166

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 11, 2006 14:23      Profile for garlicguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I've haddock up to here with these puns, it's time for you to finish !

Perhaps we could just scale back a bit, hmm?

--------------------

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture