homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » The Joke Bank!   » So, does she get better reception? *pic*

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: So, does she get better reception? *pic*
-ct-
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 209

Icon 10 posted June 26, 2006 08:57      Profile for -ct-   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

--------------------
Things are always darkest... just before you pull your head out of your butt, void where prohibited, keep away from flame, surcharge(s) may apply.

www.harddriveHELL.com and demoniclemon.com

Posts: 1906 | From: nowhere, man | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Mac D
Member # 2926

Icon 1 posted June 26, 2006 09:01      Profile for Mac D     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That looks painfull

--------------------
There's nothing wrong with me, This is how I'm supposed to be.

Posts: 1449 | From: Where I am is very relative to my location at that time. | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Demosthenes
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 530

Icon 1 posted June 26, 2006 09:24      Profile for Demosthenes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mac D:
That looks painfull

No more than, say, gauged piercings. It's something that's done gradually, so the body accustoms to a small amount of strain over a long period of time.

I think it's kind of cool, though I'm always curious about whether or not they've got trouble holding their heads up when the rings come off.

Sxeptomaniac

Member # 3698

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 26, 2006 09:46      Profile for Sxeptomaniac   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I remember reading about this years ago. I seem to recall that the rings are sometimes removed if the woman becomes disgraced in some way (i.e. infidelity). If I recall correctly, the woman often can't hold her head up without support and, as a result, they have been known to die, or may spend the rest of their lives laying down.

--------------------
Let's pray that the human race never escapes from Earth to spread its iniquity elsewhere. - C. S. Lewis

Posts: 1590 | From: Fresno, CA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged
Jace Raven

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 2444

Icon 1 posted June 26, 2006 10:23      Profile for Jace Raven         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If they are disgraceful and they are removed, a lot of the time their neck will break.
Too Cool To Quit
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2217

Icon 1 posted June 26, 2006 11:00      Profile for Too Cool To Quit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And if not, throat punches are then delivered with a quickness.

--------------------
Alright now, that's the last straw, I'm calling the ass taxidermist to tell him to stop making hats in your size RIGHT NOW.

Posts: 1097 | From: North Carolina | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
maybe.logic
Alpha Geek
Member # 5014

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 26, 2006 13:08      Profile for maybe.logic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jace Raven:
If they are disgraceful and they are removed, a lot of the time their neck will break.

eh? - Surley with the constant attention needed to lengthen your neck like that you would gain muscle to support it?
Cap'n Vic

Member # 1477

Icon 1 posted June 26, 2006 13:12      Profile for Cap'n Vic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I remember reading/seeing these in National Geographic way back in the day.

IIRC, the rings which are inserted over time don't actually lengthen the neck they force the collar bone and ribcage downward. They backed this up with a xrays.

Posts: 5471 | From: One of the drones from sector 7G | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
ChildeRoland
Alpha Geek
Member # 3880

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 26, 2006 13:17      Profile for ChildeRoland     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by maybe.logic:
quote:
Originally posted by Jace Raven:

eh? - Surley with the constant attention needed to lengthen your neck like that you would gain muscle to support it?
But you're not using any of that muscle, you're just letting the rings support the weight.

--------------------
=====================
Childe Roland

Sxeptomaniac

Member # 3698

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 26, 2006 14:27      Profile for Sxeptomaniac   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Cap'n Vic:
I remember reading/seeing these in National Geographic way back in the day.

IIRC, the rings which are inserted over time don't actually lengthen the neck they force the collar bone and ribcage downward. They backed this up with a xrays.

I'm pretty sure I saw the same article. The x-ray was pretty fascinating.

--------------------
Let's pray that the human race never escapes from Earth to spread its iniquity elsewhere. - C. S. Lewis

Too Cool To Quit
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2217

Icon 1 posted June 26, 2006 18:49      Profile for Too Cool To Quit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

--------------------
Alright now, that's the last straw, I'm calling the ass taxidermist to tell him to stop making hats in your size RIGHT NOW.

Posts: 1097 | From: North Carolina | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
maybe.logic
Alpha Geek
Member # 5014

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 27, 2006 02:48      Profile for maybe.logic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think the information regarding the topic is valid, if so Jace Raven was right [Razz] . And it is quite interesting.

You're mean't to go for the chicks with long necks over in Burma...

neck stretching

Mac D
Member # 2926

Icon 1 posted June 27, 2006 06:59      Profile for Mac D     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't think it looks very attractive. And it takes all the fun out of licking the girls neck .... most girls go nuts for that.

--------------------

Posts: 1449 | From: Where I am is very relative to my location at that time. | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
maybe.logic
Alpha Geek
Member # 5014

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 28, 2006 09:46      Profile for maybe.logic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If the article I posted above is valid, then that would lead me too suggest, how do they pivot their necks, the answer I pursume is they can not, therefore why would someone disable themselves for "beauty" and "acceptance"
Sxeptomaniac

Member # 3698

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 28, 2006 10:13      Profile for Sxeptomaniac   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by maybe.logic:
If the article I posted above is valid, then that would lead me too suggest, how do they pivot their necks, the answer I pursume is they can not, therefore why would someone disable themselves for "beauty" and "acceptance"

Going to extremes for standards of beauty is not unusual. Take a look at the practices of foot binding, lip plates, cranial binding, or injecting one's face with a paralytic toxin.

--------------------

Mac D
Member # 2926

Icon 1 posted June 28, 2006 10:20      Profile for Mac D     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not to mention Tattoos and piercing. Both of wich can be fatel if done by the wrong person.

I'm to lazy to look up the reacent CNN story about the 13 or so that got infected and or died reacently due to an unlicensed tattoo parlor.

--------------------

drunkennewfiemidget
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 28, 2006 10:22      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mac D:
Not to mention Tattoos and piercing. Both of wich can be fatel if done by the wrong person.

I'm to lazy to look up the reacent CNN story about the 13 or so that got infected and or died reacently due to an unlicensed tattoo parlor.

I read that too .. one of the 'tattoo artists' was even doing theirs with guitar strings and inkjet ink.
Posts: 4897 | From: Cambridge, ON, Canada | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture