homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » The Joke Bank!   » Joke -

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Joke -
Plcaga
Mini Geek
Member # 5119

Icon 12 posted May 09, 2006 05:27      Profile for Plcaga   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Q - What did the car tell the driver?
A - You're driving me nuts!

(*Spongbob's loughter*)!!! Get it? DRIVING ME - NUTS!! [Happytears]

Posts: 70 | From: Lyon. France | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
Mac D
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 2926

Icon 1 posted May 09, 2006 07:46      Profile for Mac D     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

--------------------
There's nothing wrong with me, This is how I'm supposed to be.

Posts: 1449 | From: Where I am is very relative to my location at that time. | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
maximile

SuperFan!
Member # 3446

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 09, 2006 07:54      Profile for maximile   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is it to do with testicles?
Posts: 1085 | From: London, UK (Powys, UK in hols) | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
TheMoMan
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 09, 2006 08:38      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The hardest safety feature to correct is the nut that holds the steering wheel.

--------------------
If it don't glow it ain't Ham Radio

Posts: 5445 | From: Just South of the Huron National Forest, in the water shed of the Rifle River | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
Sxeptomaniac

Member # 3698

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 09, 2006 10:10      Profile for Sxeptomaniac   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A pirate walks into a bar, and he's got a steering wheel sticking out of his pants. The bartender sees him and asks, "Hey, what's that steering wheel doing there?" The pirate says, "Aaarrrr, it's driving me nuts."

Same punchline, but the joke at least makes sense (even if it isn't much funnier). [Wink]

--------------------
Let's pray that the human race never escapes from Earth to spread its iniquity elsewhere. - C. S. Lewis

Posts: 1590 | From: Fresno, CA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged
Thorned0Fortress
Geek
Member # 4435

Icon 1 posted May 09, 2006 10:14      Profile for Thorned0Fortress   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mac D:
 -

"When life hands me lemons, I make beef stew!"
Posts: 235 | From: texas | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
Ashitaka

SuperFan!
Member # 4924

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted May 09, 2006 11:59      Profile for Ashitaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sxeptomaniac:
A pirate walks into a bar, and he's got a steering wheel sticking out of his pants. The bartender sees him and asks, "Hey, what's that steering wheel doing there?" The pirate says, "Aaarrrr, it's driving me nuts."

Same punchline, but the joke at least makes sense (even if it isn't much funnier). [Wink]

Now that's funny

--------------------
"If they're not gonna make a distinction between Muslims and violent extremists, then why should I take the time to distinguish between decent, fearful white people and racists?"

-Assif Mandvi

Posts: 3080 | From: Switzerland | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Plcaga
Mini Geek
Member # 5119

Icon 1 posted May 10, 2006 06:34      Profile for Plcaga   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ashitaka:
quote:

Now that's funny
"Hey, what's that steering wheel doing there?" The pirate says, "Aaarrrr, it's driving me nuts." Is the Pirate's answer Logical??!!
You beat my confidence when you laughed about my failing English. Shame on you as virtual society!

Mac D
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 2926

Icon 1 posted May 10, 2006 08:21      Profile for Mac D     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm confused

-

--------------------
There's nothing wrong with me, This is how I'm supposed to be.

Posts: 1449 | From: Where I am is very relative to my location at that time. | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Sxeptomaniac

Member # 3698

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 10, 2006 09:23      Profile for Sxeptomaniac   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Plcaga:
"Hey, what's that steering wheel doing there?" The pirate says, "Aaarrrr, it's driving me nuts." Is the Pirate's answer Logical??!!

Not really logical. It's based on a pun involving slang. Be aware that many jokes don't translate well. I don't know any French, but I'm pretty sure my joke would make no sense in that language.

quote:
You beat my confidence when you laughed about my failing English. Shame on you as virtual society!

I'm willing to give you a lot of slack if you are still learning English. It probably would have been wise to make some mention of it earlier, though.

--------------------
Let's pray that the human race never escapes from Earth to spread its iniquity elsewhere. - C. S. Lewis

Posts: 1590 | From: Fresno, CA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged
Stereo

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 748

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 10, 2006 11:58      Profile for Stereo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:

Not really logical. It's based on a pun involving slang. Be aware that many jokes don't translate well. I don't know any French, but I'm pretty sure my joke would make no sense in that language.

Yeah, puns are notoriously hard to translate.

So Plcaga here's why this joke works better than yours. "Nuts" is a slang for testicles. (I don't know in France, but in Quebec, "noix" can be used in this way too, altough it's less common than in English.) Then, as you'll probably learn come the next "talk like a pirate" day, "me" can be pirate-talk for "my". So you can guess the steering wheel is attached to the pirate's private parts - and not being a guy, I can only imagine something that heavy dangling there _can_ drive a guy nuts (as in crazy). So the answer fully works both figuratively (in proper English) and literarly (in slang).

--------------------
Eppur, si muove!

Galileo Galilei

Posts: 2289 | From: Gatineau, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
Plcaga
Mini Geek
Member # 5119

Icon 1 posted May 10, 2006 12:09      Profile for Plcaga   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I force myself to learn at least 2-5 new words in English. I don't know if it's the ideal way of learning English, but I believe it's very important so learning 2-5 words every day isn't such a bad thing.

Thank you for the explanation.

MzSunn
Mini Geek
Member # 5144

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 02, 2006 09:10      Profile for MzSunn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Chocolate

It takes less than a minute Work this out as you read ...

1. First, pick the number of times a week that! you would like to have chocolate
(more than once but less than 10)

2. Multiply this number by 2 (just to be bold)

3. Add 5

4. Multiply it by 50 -- I'll wait while you get the calculator.

5. If you have already had your birthday this year add 1756 ....
If you haven't, add 1755.

6. Now subtract the four digit year that you were born.

You should have a three digit number.

The first digit of this was your original number
(i.e., how many times you want to have chocolate each week).

The next two numbers are
YOUR AGE! (Oh YES, it is!!!!!)

THIS IS THE ONLY YEAR (2006) IT WILL EVER WORK, SO SPREAD IT AROUND
WHILE IT LASTS

--------------------
Lovely Lovely Mushy Center

Posts: 54 | From: Atlanta GA | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2014 Geek Culture® All Rights Reserved.