homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » The Joke Bank!   » Feel like getting wasted?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Feel like getting wasted?
TMBWITW,PB

Member # 1734

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 17, 2006 17:10      Profile for TMBWITW,PB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Play the State of the Union Drinking Game!

Prizes go to anyone not under the table after the first hour. [Razz]

--------------------
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye."
óMiss Piggy

Posts: 4010 | From: my couch | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 17, 2006 19:33      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm all confuzzled....why is there no mention of "September the eleventh, two thousand and one?"

Edit: I'm really sorry - I feel like an utter moron. I wrote the wrong year! That's what I get for spelling it out. *sigh*

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9332 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Rhonwyyn

Solid Gold SuperFan!
Member # 2854

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 17, 2006 19:40      Profile for Rhonwyyn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Because this SotU was delivered months before 9/11/05. It's from last year.

--------------------
Change the way you SEE, not the way you LOOK!

Posts: 3849 | From: Lancaster, PA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged
TMBWITW,PB

Member # 1734

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 17, 2006 19:41      Profile for TMBWITW,PB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Rhonwyyn:

They haven't updated it for this year yet, but if you want a 2006 version there is one here.

--------------------
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye."
óMiss Piggy

Posts: 4010 | From: my couch | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 17, 2006 20:27      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Rhonwyyn:

So what? How long has Georgie-boy been using that particular phrase? I really wanted to find this one Flash thing that quoted it a huge number of times, but alas, I couldn't readily find it. :-/ (Extra edit: I fixed my typo in my frist psot [sic] - I wrote the year wrong *hangs head in shame*)

(And yes, I used Google. I shudder to think of what my Google profile looks like after some of the keywords I used. If you don't hear from me for a while, send a postcard to G'tm0 for me, will ya? [Wink] )

Edit: Ahhh...found it - I just took a quick spin through the GC archives (no, I'm not mad enough to use the 'search' feature)

http://www.bretthager.com/files/gopconstrm.mov

Original post

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9332 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
fs

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 1181

Icon 1 posted January 18, 2006 00:59      Profile for fs   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by dragonman97:
(And yes, I used Google. I shudder to think of what my Google profile looks like after some of the keywords I used. If you don't hear from me for a while, send a postcard to G'tm0 for me, will ya? [Wink] )

No kidding! the other day I googled Koran, jihad, recombinant DNA, plasmid, Iran and nuclear energy, Love Canal and molotov cocktail. (No, not all at the same time.)

--------------------
I'm in ur database, makin' moar recordz.

Posts: 1973 | From: The Cat Ship | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
supaboy
SuperFan!
Member # 183

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 18, 2006 07:20      Profile for supaboy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by FireSnake:
(No, not all at the same time.)

Just to satisfy my own curiosity, I did search on them all at the same time. You get links to... A bunch of dictionaries!

I was surprised to see a link to mozilla.org's Thunderbird on the first page of Google's results until I realized what the connection was. [Smile]

Posts: 1767 | From: Columbia, SC USA | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture