homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » The Joke Bank!   » Job's I've Had (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Author Topic: Job's I've Had
fs

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 1181

Icon 1 posted November 16, 2005 03:26      Profile for fs   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My first job was working in an orange juice factory, but I got canned, I couldn't concentrate.

Then I worked in the woods as a lumberjack, but I just couldn't hack it, so they gave me the axe.

After that I tried to be a tailor, but I just wasn't suited for it. Mainly because it was a so-so job.

Next I tried working in a muffler factory but that was exhausting.

I wanted to be a barber, but I just couldn't cut it.

Then I tried to be a chef--figured it would add a little spice to my life but I just didn't have the thyme.

Finally, I attempted to be a deli worker, but any way I sliced it, I couldn't cut the mustard.

My best job was being a musician, but eventually I found I wasn't noteworthy.

I studied a long time to become a doctor, but I didn't have any patients.

Next was a job in a shoe factory; I tried but I just didn't fit in.

I became a professional fisherman, but discovered that I couldn't live on my net income.

Thought about becoming a witch, so I tried that for a spell.

I managed to get a good job working for a pool maintenance company, but the work was just too draining.

I got a job at a zoo feeding giraffes but I was fired because I wasn't up to it.

So then I got a job in a gym, but they said I wasn't fit for the job.

Next, I found being an electrician interesting, but the work was shocking.

After many years of trying to find steady work I finally got a job as a historian until I realized there was no future in it.

My last job was working at Starbucks, but I had to quit because it was always the same old grind.

(I stole this from another board I vist sometimes [Big Grin] )

--------------------
I'm in ur database, makin' moar recordz.

Posts: 1973 | From: The Cat Ship | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
littlefish
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 966

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 16, 2005 03:47      Profile for littlefish   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I used to work in the wheel shop of a car repair place, but left as the work was too tiring. So then I took a job in construction making foundations, but found it too boring.

As a reaction to rubbish jobs, I became a chemist.

Posts: 2421 | From: That London | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Ugh, MightyClub
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 3112

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 16, 2005 06:24      Profile for Ugh, MightyClub     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I worked for a grocery store once, but after I took stock of my position they made me check out.

--------------------
Ugh!

Posts: 1742 | From: Ithaca, NY | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
garlicguy

Member # 3166

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 16, 2005 07:19      Profile for garlicguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I sold insurance until I learned that it went against my own personal policies.

Bookkeeping seemed like a good occupation but it turned out there was no accounting for it.

I tried farming and loved driving a tractor until I learned there were others out standing in the field.

We were going to start a boat-building company but couldn't find anyone to float us a loan.

*Next*

--------------------
I don't know what I was thinking... it seemed like a good idea at the time.

Posts: 3752 | From: Pluto, no matter what you call it, is still my home. | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
Grummash

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 4289

Icon 1 posted November 16, 2005 08:49      Profile for Grummash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had a job as a plumber for a while, but that went down the pan [Razz]

--------------------
...and yet, across the gulf of space, minds immeasurably superior to ours regarded this earth with envious eyes...

Posts: 2335 | From: Lancashire,UK | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
TMBWITW,PB

Member # 1734

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 16, 2005 09:17      Profile for TMBWITW,PB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I used to be a carpenter, but then I got board.

--------------------
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye."
óMiss Piggy

Posts: 4010 | From: my couch | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Grummash

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 4289

Icon 1 posted November 16, 2005 09:26      Profile for Grummash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I used to be a miner, man -that was the pits!

--------------------
...and yet, across the gulf of space, minds immeasurably superior to ours regarded this earth with envious eyes...

garlicguy

Member # 3166

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 16, 2005 09:48      Profile for garlicguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Grummash:
I used to be a miner, man -that was the pits!

That sounds like a minor problem alright.

I was a bricklayer until I found out there was mortar life than that.

--------------------

Posts: 3752 | From: Pluto, no matter what you call it, is still my home. | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
Bibo
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 1959

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 16, 2005 09:52      Profile for Bibo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I used to be a photographer for a newspaper but quit after I developed a negative attitude.
Posts: 1641 | From: Grand Rapids, MI | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
garlicguy

Member # 3166

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 16, 2005 09:57      Profile for garlicguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I quit as an elevator (English=lift) operator - too many ups and downs. (Not to mention all the jerks in between.)

--------------------

spungo
Member # 1089

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 16, 2005 10:01      Profile for spungo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I used work for the Irish Panty Inspection Agency - but I only did it for the crack.

--------------------
Shameless plug. (Please forgive me.)

Posts: 6529 | From: Noba Scoba | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
Grummash

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 4289

Icon 1 posted November 16, 2005 10:52      Profile for Grummash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I used to be a quarryman, which was a blast at first, but eventually I hit rock bottom.

--------------------

garlicguy

Member # 3166

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 16, 2005 11:05      Profile for garlicguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Landscaping would have been okay, if people could have left me a lawn.

--------------------

drunkennewfiemidget
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 16, 2005 11:21      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I worked for the canadian liberal party as an intern, hoping to get a full-time position, but no one would sponsor me.

[Big Grin]

Posts: 4897 | From: Cambridge, ON, Canada | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 16, 2005 12:56      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I used to work for a bank, but then I lost interest.

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10680 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Grummash

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 4289

Icon 1 posted November 16, 2005 13:09      Profile for Grummash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I used to be an undertaker, but it was a dead-end job.

--------------------

TMBWITW,PB

Member # 1734

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 16, 2005 13:15      Profile for TMBWITW,PB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I once worked on Wall Street, but I couldn't take all the Bull.

I used to be in construction, but I hit the glass ceiling.

--------------------
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye."
óMiss Piggy

Posts: 4010 | From: my couch | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
garlicguy

Member # 3166

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 16, 2005 15:00      Profile for garlicguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The pay for working in the circumcision ward was terrible, even with the tips.

--------------------

drunkennewfiemidget
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 16, 2005 15:45      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was a naval captain, but those aspirations were quickly sunk.
Posts: 4897 | From: Cambridge, ON, Canada | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
Too Cool To Quit
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2217

Icon 1 posted November 16, 2005 15:56      Profile for Too Cool To Quit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I used to be a prostitute at a truck stop, but then I just got effing tired of it.

Edit: Gosh. The tame version of it just isn't as funny.

--------------------
Alright now, that's the last straw, I'm calling the ass taxidermist to tell him to stop making hats in your size RIGHT NOW.

Posts: 1097 | From: North Carolina | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Grummash

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 4289

Icon 1 posted November 16, 2005 16:06      Profile for Grummash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
The pay for working in the circumcision ward was terrible, even with the tips.

eeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwww!

--------------------

The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 16, 2005 16:11      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I used to be a monk, but then I kicked the habit.

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10680 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
garlicguy

Member # 3166

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 16, 2005 17:22      Profile for garlicguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was gonna be a gynecologist but the hole idea was overwhelming.

--------------------

fs

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 1181

Icon 1 posted November 16, 2005 18:25      Profile for fs   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I worked as a reporter for a while, why I quit is a long story.

--------------------
I'm in ur database, makin' moar recordz.

Posts: 1973 | From: The Cat Ship | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Rhonwyyn

Solid Gold SuperFan!
Member # 2854

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 16, 2005 19:18      Profile for Rhonwyyn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I used to be a programmer, but that job fell to bits. So then I thought I might be a house painter, but all I succeeded in doing was painting myself into a corner.

I quit my job as the county coroner 'cause it was a dead end job.

--------------------
Change the way you SEE, not the way you LOOK!

Posts: 3849 | From: Lancaster, PA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture