homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » The Joke Bank!   » how to have fun while driving

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: how to have fun while driving
-ct-
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 209

Icon 10 posted October 02, 2005 12:14      Profile for -ct-   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
probably been seen before by 11tybillion ppl, but 1st i've seen of it [Smile]

http://www.thatvideosite.com/view/827.html

--------------------
Things are always darkest... just before you pull your head out of your butt, void where prohibited, keep away from flame, surcharge(s) may apply.

www.harddriveHELL.com and demoniclemon.com

Posts: 1906 | From: nowhere, man | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Matias
Highlie
Member # 4216

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 02, 2005 14:57      Profile for Matias   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OMG that is the most f*cked up thing I have seen in a long time but I laughed my a$$ off! [Applause]

--------------------
A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Posts: 516 | From: The Land of the mouse.... | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 02, 2005 17:19      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bah...it's WMP, and not working here...and I CBA to hack the URL out of it.

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9332 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
drunkennewfiemidget
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 02, 2005 20:36      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by dragonman97:
Bah...it's WMP, and not working here...and I CBA to hack the URL out of it.

http://ds1.thatvideosite.com/streamvideo.php?id=827&filename=aG93X3RvX3NjYXJlX290aGVyX2RyaXZlcnMud212&key=1128310551
Posts: 4897 | From: Cambridge, ON, Canada | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
Frost
Geek
Member # 1267

Member Rated:
Icon 5 posted October 03, 2005 03:12      Profile for Frost     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All i get is 'playlist format is not recognized'

--------------------
Success requires no explanations, Failure permits no alibis.

Posts: 217 | From: USA | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 03, 2005 07:53      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well...it does work on Windows...*sigh*

Anyway, it is pretty fscking hysterical!

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9332 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Matias
Highlie
Member # 4216

Member Rated:
Icon 13 posted October 03, 2005 17:54      Profile for Matias   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah you can tell what kind I have... [shake head]

Edit: I meant I have a win pc so I was able to see it. Hence the shaking head...lol

--------------------
A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Posts: 516 | From: The Land of the mouse.... | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 03, 2005 18:01      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Matias:

Yes, I know - it doesn't work on my Mac either...

I don't currently have the w32-codecs package on my Linux laptop now, so I'm not even going to try that.

--------------------

greycat

Member # 945

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 03, 2005 18:01      Profile for greycat   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I grabbed a likely-looking URL out of the page, wgot it, which produced a file called 827.html. I read that, grabbed a likely-looking URL out of it, wgot it, and ended up with a ugly-named 1 MB file, which played fine in mplayer on my i386 Linux box with the non-free w32codecs installed.

Clever video. Too bad people are such idiots about making web sites. What's wrong with a plain old-fashioned

code:
<body>...<a href="http://x.y.z/videos/1234.wmv">The Video</a>...</body>

?
Posts: 1522 | From: Ohio, USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
alfrin
Uber Geek
Member # 3836

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 03, 2005 18:13      Profile for alfrin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by dragonman97:
quote:
Originally posted by Matias:

Yes, I know - it doesn't work on my Mac either...

I don't currently have the w32-codecs package on my Linux laptop now, so I'm not even going to try that.

Heh, shame w32-codecs don't like to install very much on a 64 bit Gentoo...

--------------------
Art is Resistance / Resistance is Art

Posts: 813 | From: Nevada, USA | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
supaboy
SuperFan!
Member # 183

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 04, 2005 08:39      Profile for supaboy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by greycat:
I grabbed a likely-looking URL out of the page, ..What's wrong with a plain old-fashioned...

I usually do the same thing, too. I'd rather watch wget's progress meter than watch a media player buffering until the end of time. Then I can watch the thing off a local hard drive and not fight all of our network traffic.

I think the embed tags are to keep you stuck on the page a little longer while you browse. Then they can throw a few more advertisements at you while you wait for a media player buffering until the end of time.

I've also found mplayer's --dumpstream option to be rather handy at times.

Posts: 1767 | From: Columbia, SC USA | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture