homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » The Joke Bank!   » has Spungo setup his own company

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: has Spungo setup his own company
Alephcat
Alpha Geek
Member # 2617

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 04, 2005 08:55      Profile for Alephcat   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
not strictly a joke, but if you look at the copyright holder on this, I think you may wonder the same thing I did. http://www.engrish.com/recent_detail.php?imagename=lubesheep.jpg&category=Containers&date=2005-03-31

--------------------
"You have the right to search in silence. If you give up the right to search in silence, anything you say can and will be modded down in a court of public opinion."

Posts: 300 | From: Chester | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged
Black Widow
Uber Geek
Member # 3046

Icon 1 posted May 04, 2005 16:14      Profile for Black Widow     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Engrish.com! I haven't been there in ages!

Sidebar: I think of Spungo every time I go to work the sheep. We're pulling lambs tomorrow night. [Eek!] [Big Grin]

Posts: 931 | From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged
TMBWITW,PB

Member # 1734

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 04, 2005 16:38      Profile for TMBWITW,PB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Black Widow:
We're pulling lambs tomorrow night. [Eek!] [Big Grin]

Not knowing what that means, it sounds soooo dirty. [evil]

--------------------
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye."
óMiss Piggy

Posts: 4010 | From: my couch | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Unclear_Physicist
Geek-in-Training
Member # 3784

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 05, 2005 02:28      Profile for Unclear_Physicist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have seen a few posts relating sheep and Spungo.

As I am a relatively new member, is it possible for someone to explain, in a nutshell, where this joke stems from, i.e. is it simply a joke relating to geographical location or is it something more sinister?!

--------------------
Le geek est chic

Posts: 36 | From: Guildford, Surrey | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
csk

Member # 1941

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 05, 2005 03:20      Profile for csk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I suspect that pulling lambs means helping their mothers out with the birthing process, although I'm not 100% sure.

As for the Spungo and sheep thing, that's been going a long time (before my time). IIRC, it started out as him jokingly saying something about having intimate relations with sheep, and it progressed to a full blown GC cliche from there.

--------------------
6 weeks to go!

Posts: 4455 | From: Sydney, Australia | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Black Widow
Uber Geek
Member # 3046

Icon 1 posted May 05, 2005 05:33      Profile for Black Widow     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, we are taking the lambs away from the ewes for weaning and fattening. Yum yum!
csk

Member # 1941

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 05, 2005 05:49      Profile for csk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Black Widow:
Actually, we are taking the lambs away from the ewes for weaning and fattening. Yum yum!

Interesting, I've helped out with that same process on a sheep farm here, and it wasn't called that, they called it something else. Can't remember what, though.

I'm going to miss tearing round after renegade sheep on a four wheeler, since the farm in question is owned by some of my wife's relatives who I won't see any more...

--------------------
6 weeks to go!

Posts: 4455 | From: Sydney, Australia | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
drunkennewfiemidget
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 05, 2005 06:08      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by csk:
I suspect that pulling lambs means helping their mothers out with the birthing process, although I'm not 100% sure.

I muchly prefer the perverted illusion I've concluded based on the title of this activity, and will continue to use that when reminding myself that BW is a prevert. [Wink]
Posts: 4897 | From: Cambridge, ON, Canada | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
Black Widow
Uber Geek
Member # 3046

Icon 1 posted May 05, 2005 07:42      Profile for Black Widow     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by drunkennewfiemidget:
I muchly prefer the perverted illusion I've concluded based on the title of this activity, and will continue to use that when reminding myself that BW is a prevert. [Wink]

w00t! [Big Grin]

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture