homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » The Joke Bank!   » Different OS types as vehicles

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Different OS types as vehicles
Serenak

Member # 2950

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted April 11, 2005 05:28      Profile for Serenak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This short piece that I found via OS news is short and amusant IMHO

Different OS types as vehicles

--------------------
"So if you want my address - it's No. 1 at the end of the bar, where I sit with the broken angels, clutching at straws and nursing my scars..."

Posts: 1935 | From: Suffolk England | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
supaboy
SuperFan!
Member # 183

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 11, 2005 06:26      Profile for supaboy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They mention Amigas! Yay! [Big Grin]
Posts: 1767 | From: Columbia, SC USA | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
garlicguy

Member # 3166

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 11, 2005 06:32      Profile for garlicguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay. That *was* amusing. I drive an Outback. (Who in Montana doesn't?) I like the Outback much more than I do X. Probably part of the "old dog, new tricks" syndrome. [ohwell]

--------------------
I don't know what I was thinking... it seemed like a good idea at the time.

Posts: 3752 | From: Pluto, no matter what you call it, is still my home. | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 11, 2005 07:10      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by garlicguy:
Okay. That *was* amusing. I drive an Outback.

Snap !

You'll be unsurprised to hear that they're quite popular here in oz, both with farmers and middle-class urban famiies like mine. Drop-off time at my daughters kindergarten could be mistaken for a meeting of a Subaru owners group.

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10668 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
drunkennewfiemidget
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 11, 2005 09:24      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm mostly amused by the last line on the page about the Amiga.

"It's still popular in Cuba"

Posts: 4897 | From: Cambridge, ON, Canada | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
AgingAmigaoid
Mini Geek
Member # 764

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 13, 2005 13:49      Profile for AgingAmigaoid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by supaboy:
They mention Amigas! Yay! [Big Grin]

And in a positive, loving way <sigh>
I miss the ol' girl. [Happytears]

Rhonwyyn

Solid Gold SuperFan!
Member # 2854

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 13, 2005 15:06      Profile for Rhonwyyn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I discovered last night that I have a tape case labeled "Computer cassette" in my drawer at work. No wonder the tape inside wouldn't play on my Sony boombox! [Razz]

--------------------
Change the way you SEE, not the way you LOOK!

Posts: 3849 | From: Lancaster, PA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged
drunkennewfiemidget
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 14, 2005 07:41      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Rhonwyyn:
I discovered last night that I have a tape case labeled "Computer cassette" in my drawer at work. No wonder the tape inside wouldn't play on my Sony boombox! [Razz]

I remember getting bored with my Commodore 64 tapes back in the day.. so I'd throw them in my tape player and play away.

Oh man that didn't tickle. [Frown]

Posts: 4897 | From: Cambridge, ON, Canada | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
n4dmx
Geek
Member # 3177

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 14, 2005 18:28      Profile for n4dmx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I guess I should trade in the jeep for a truck assembly kit. [Smile]
Posts: 218 | From: Georgia | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture