homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » The Joke Bank!   » Nun Joke (really...) (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Author Topic: Nun Joke (really...)
HalfVast

Member # 3187

Icon 10 posted March 07, 2005 18:28      Profile for HalfVast     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A Nun was sitting on a bench in the garden behind the church on a quiet Texas afternoon. She was meditating upon the flowers when one particular bloom caught her attention. She leaned forward to catch it’s scent when she saw a bee inside. She recognized it as one of the africanized or ‘killer’ bee strains, buzzing in a low ominous manner. Not knowing what to do she became paralyzed with fear. She turned white as a sheet and remained so until the parish Priest found her that way in the evening.

Later that week the headline in the church newsletter read, “Cross Bee Stills Ashen Nun”.

Posts: 795 | From: In the mitten around the abductor pollicis brevis. | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged
n4dmx
Geek
Member # 3177

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 07, 2005 18:31      Profile for n4dmx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't think you realize [realise] what you may have just started. [Razz]
Posts: 218 | From: Georgia | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
Black Widow
Uber Geek
Member # 3046

Icon 1 posted March 07, 2005 18:37      Profile for Black Widow     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good Lord, not again! [Big Grin]
Posts: 931 | From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged
garlicguy

Member # 3166

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 07, 2005 20:18      Profile for garlicguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What? Is there a problem here? Potential re-tread punfest?

No worries about me.

I refuse to do even one nun pun 'cause I'm done.

So there.

--------------------
I don't know what I was thinking... it seemed like a good idea at the time.

Posts: 3752 | From: Pluto, no matter what you call it, is still my home. | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
Rhonwyyn

Solid Gold SuperFan!
Member # 2854

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 07, 2005 20:25      Profile for Rhonwyyn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Amen to what GG said.

[Razz]

--------------------
Change the way you SEE, not the way you LOOK!

Posts: 3849 | From: Lancaster, PA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 07, 2005 20:47      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Who resurrected this thread?

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10669 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Rhonwyyn

Solid Gold SuperFan!
Member # 2854

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 07, 2005 20:49      Profile for Rhonwyyn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ehh, it's not the same thread... More like the Second coming.

--------------------

Frost
Geek
Member # 1267

Member Rated:
Icon 2 posted March 07, 2005 20:53      Profile for Frost     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great 7 more pages of nunsense. [shake head]

--------------------
Success requires no explanations, Failure permits no alibis.

Posts: 217 | From: USA | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 07, 2005 22:58      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pah !

This thread can't hold a candle to the other one.

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Erbo
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 199

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 07, 2005 23:51      Profile for Erbo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It must be becoming a habit.

--------------------
See more From The Erbo Files: www.erbosoft.com/blog/

Posts: 1480 | From: Denver, CO, US | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Allan
SuperFan!
Member # 1717

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 08, 2005 00:12      Profile for Allan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
just when you think you've seen your last nun thread up popes another one
Posts: 1280 | From: Edinburgh, Scotland / Frankfurt, Germany | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 08, 2005 12:33      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Snaggy, forgive them, they know not what they do.

--------------------

Erbo
Member # 199

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 08, 2005 12:42      Profile for Erbo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Too late, TFD, you can't stop the Mass of posts that are sure to happen now...

--------------------

Serenak

Member # 2950

Member Rated:
Icon 2 posted March 08, 2005 13:32      Profile for Serenak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have to confess that this pun thread has risen from the dead and I am holy expectant that the host of puns will repeat themselves in the way the last thread did...

I am praying that someone can offer the last rites and we can exorcise this damned thread without further hope of resurrection

[Wink]

--------------------
"So if you want my address - it's No. 1 at the end of the bar, where I sit with the broken angels, clutching at straws and nursing my scars..."

Posts: 1936 | From: Suffolk England | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Ivan
Alpha Geek
Member # 2622

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 08, 2005 18:12      Profile for Ivan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The devil take you! Not this again.

"Cross bestills ashen nun"

I still don't get this cryptic remark [ohwell]

Posts: 269 | From: North Carolina | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged
Rhonwyyn

Solid Gold SuperFan!
Member # 2854

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 08, 2005 18:34      Profile for Rhonwyyn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It took me twice through the phrase to get it. Say it aloud. If you still don't get it, read it aloud like this...

*WARNING: SPOILER*

*WARNING: SPOILER*

CrossBe stills Ash en Nun

If that doesn't help, then read it like this:

Crozbee stills ash and nun

And if THAT doesn't help, well, too bad!

(Ehh, just send someone a PM. They might be convinced to give you an answer!)

--------------------

The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 08, 2005 21:18      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
/me suspects that nun story is apocryphal

--------------------

Erbo
Member # 199

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 09, 2005 01:06      Profile for Erbo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I'm no medical chap, but I suspect that this thread could use some doct'rin...

--------------------

HalfVast

Member # 3187

Icon 1 posted March 09, 2005 07:46      Profile for HalfVast     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Er... I think the subject to this thread would be puns based on the names of musical groups. Just a thought. [Wink]
Posts: 795 | From: In the mitten around the abductor pollicis brevis. | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged
garlicguy

Member # 3166

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 09, 2005 07:51      Profile for garlicguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The connection is here
You'll notice it went on forever...

Posts: 3752 | From: Pluto, no matter what you call it, is still my home. | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 09, 2005 13:18      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by HalfVast:
Er... I think the subject to this thread would be puns based on the names of musical groups. Just a thought. [Wink]

We could really Abba good time with that !

--------------------

garlicguy

Member # 3166

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 09, 2005 13:27      Profile for garlicguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We might have to work out a few Kinks in order to change the course of the thread.
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 09, 2005 14:01      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anyone Who tries should be Band

--------------------

n4dmx
Geek
Member # 3177

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 09, 2005 14:24      Profile for n4dmx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fun Pun Combo: [Big Grin]

And as the Men Without Hats danced their Safety Dance in A Land Down Under, the Metal Church banished them for Eternity to Iced Earth. [Razz]

Posts: 218 | From: Georgia | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
garlicguy

Member # 3166

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 09, 2005 14:29      Profile for garlicguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Which, of course, caused others to go whining to their Mamas and Papas.

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture