homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums


Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » The Joke Bank!   » why life can't be like star trek

 - UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: why life can't be like star trek
-ct-
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 209

Icon 10 posted August 12, 2004 00:11      Profile for -ct-   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
probably posted before, but i didn't look


http://homepage.ntlworld.com/h.cowell/Trek/dilbert.htm

--------------------
Things are always darkest... just before you pull your head out of your butt, void where prohibited, keep away from flame, surcharge(s) may apply.

www.harddriveHELL.com and demoniclemon.com

Posts: 1906 | From: nowhere, man | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Aves Corax
Mini Geek
Member # 2533

Member Rated:
5
Icon 1 posted August 12, 2004 06:21      Profile for Aves Corax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That whole book (The Dilbert Future) is great and I highly recommend it.

--------------------
"Be ye not lost among precepts of order."
The Principia Discordia

Posts: 65 | From: Virginia, USA | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
csk

Member # 1941

Member Rated:
5
Icon 1 posted August 12, 2004 06:27      Profile for csk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Aves Corax:
That whole book (The Dilbert Future) is great and I highly recommend it.

Exactly. That site is of questionable legality, since it's basically lifted straight from the book. I'm betting Nitro and Snaggy wouldn't be happy if someone did the same with the JOT book, so perhaps we shouldn't encourage that site to do the same to Scott Adams?

--------------------
6 weeks to go!

Posts: 4455 | From: Sydney, Australia | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
drunkennewfiemidget
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
4
Icon 1 posted August 12, 2004 07:11      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, I would recommend ALL of Scott Adam's Books. I have a tonne of them, and they're all great:

The way of the weasel.
The Joy of Work.
The Dilbert Future.
The Dilbert Princicple.
All Dressed Down and Nowhere to Go

Posts: 4897 | From: Cambridge, ON, Canada | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
4
Icon 1 posted August 12, 2004 11:41      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by csk:
quote:
Originally posted by Aves Corax:
That whole book (The Dilbert Future) is great and I highly recommend it.

Exactly. That site is of questionable legality, since it's basically lifted straight from the book. I'm betting Nitro and Snaggy wouldn't be happy if someone did the same with the JOT book, so perhaps we shouldn't encourage that site to do the same to Scott Adams?
P.S. I hear you can read a free copy of it online at www.joyoftech.com [Wink] .

/coat

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9331 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
-ct-
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 209

Icon 1 posted August 12, 2004 21:17      Profile for -ct-   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by csk:
That site is of questionable legality, since it's basically lifted straight from the book. I'm betting Nitro and Snaggy wouldn't be happy if someone did the same with the JOT book, so perhaps we shouldn't encourage that site to do the same to Scott Adams?

if you note, they DO post the exact credits BEFORE the whole story

perfectly legit

--------------------
Things are always darkest... just before you pull your head out of your butt, void where prohibited, keep away from flame, surcharge(s) may apply.

www.harddriveHELL.com and demoniclemon.com

Posts: 1906 | From: nowhere, man | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
csk

Member # 1941

Member Rated:
5
Icon 1 posted August 12, 2004 21:22      Profile for csk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by -ct-:
quote:
Originally posted by csk:
That site is of questionable legality, since it's basically lifted straight from the book. I'm betting Nitro and Snaggy wouldn't be happy if someone did the same with the JOT book, so perhaps we shouldn't encourage that site to do the same to Scott Adams?

if you note, they DO post the exact credits BEFORE the whole story

perfectly legit

I did notice that, but it's a bit of a grey area. It's a fairly sizeable portion, so possibly outside "fair use" criteria. IANAL, so just expressing an opinion.

--------------------
6 weeks to go!

Posts: 4455 | From: Sydney, Australia | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged


All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture

Powered by Infopop Corporation
UBB.classicTM 6.4.0



homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam