homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » The Joke Bank!   » The Maestro

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The Maestro
DoctorWho

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 392

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 03, 2004 15:29      Profile for DoctorWho     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
enjoy

Sorry dial up users, this is a 14.8 mb download

Edit: <pun> I will say one thing, that guy sure is horny. [evil] </pun>

--------------------
Laughter is like changing a baby's diapers. It doesn't solve anything but it sure improves the situation. Leo F. Buscaglia

Posts: 1694 | From: The TARDIS | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
Papa
Geek
Member # 172

Member Rated:
Icon 11 posted August 04, 2004 05:01      Profile for Papa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by CrawGator:
[QB] enjoy

ROFLMAO [Eek!]

--------------------
Papa
Keeper of The Book

Posts: 173 | From: Syracuse, NY, USA | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted August 04, 2004 10:09      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
lol!

That must be one of the very few public performances of "Popcorn" in this century. [Razz]

Posts: 8111 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
MacManKrisK

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 955

Member Rated:
Icon 11 posted August 04, 2004 16:41      Profile for MacManKrisK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow! [Eek!] That's all I have to say about that!

Well, okay, we know I'm not short-winded.. [Wink]

I must say that's quite a very unique talent he has, some would say weird, I say unique! And then to be able to market it. Genius, sheer genius. [Smile]

--------------------
"Buy low, sell high
get rich and you still die"

Posts: 2331 | From: Southwest Michigan, USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Too Cool To Quit
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2217

Icon 1 posted August 04, 2004 18:02      Profile for Too Cool To Quit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wait... MMKK, how did you get it? Oh, wait, nevermind, you have the NEW internet!

--------------------
Alright now, that's the last straw, I'm calling the ass taxidermist to tell him to stop making hats in your size RIGHT NOW.

Posts: 1097 | From: North Carolina | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 04, 2004 21:06      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't download and open miscellaneous untrusted files - care to tell me what's inside that .zip file? I'm also not going to waste my time downloading a 14 MB file if I don't know that it will play on my system...

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9332 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
MacManKrisK

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 955

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 04, 2004 21:47      Profile for MacManKrisK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Too Cool To Quit:
Wait... MMKK, how did you get it? Oh, wait, nevermind, you have the NEW internet!

Yes, the NEW internet indeed!!!

Cranky Dragon: Inside the .zip file you will find a .mpg file. Well worth the 14MB download...

</M2K2>

--------------------
"Buy low, sell high
get rich and you still die"

Posts: 2331 | From: Southwest Michigan, USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
drunkennewfiemidget
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 05, 2004 07:00      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There's only two things I can say in respond to that:

1) That is friggen IMPRESSIVE.
2) Some people have way too much time on their hands.
... or perhaps I should say certains ont trop d'heure sur leur mains!

Posts: 4897 | From: Cambridge, ON, Canada | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
s4 leko
Maximum Newbie
Member # 2873

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 05, 2004 10:33      Profile for s4 leko     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love it!
I'd like to know what the logic was behind the placement of the horns, I suppose the number of songs you could play on each configuration would be quite limited.

dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 05, 2004 10:50      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MacManKrisK:
quote:

Cranky Dragon: Inside the .zip file you will find a .mpg file. Well worth the 14MB download...

</M2K2>

Pretty spiffy, I've got to say.

Surely you must recognize my rationale, though. If it was clearly linked to as a .mpg file, I'd have no qualms whatsoever. It's also pretty stupid to compress a highly compressed file into a .zip file - the MPEG is 15 MB, the ZIP file is 14 MB...oooh, 1 MB savings...doesn't impress me.

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9332 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
drunkennewfiemidget
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 05, 2004 10:57      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by dragonman97:
quote:
Originally posted by MacManKrisK:
quote:

</M2K2>

Pretty spiffy, I've got to say.

Surely you must recognize my rationale, though. If it was clearly linked to as a .mpg file, I'd have no qualms whatsoever. It's also pretty stupid to compress a highly compressed file into a .zip file - the MPEG is 15 MB, the ZIP file is 14 MB...oooh, 1 MB savings...doesn't impress me.

I've actually gotta go with dman on this one. I go nuts when people compress MPG, MP3, JPG, GIF, etc files. The filetype is already compressed, trying to compress the file proves nothing, and more often than not, just wastes our time and CPU cycles uncompressing the damned thing.
DoctorWho

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 392

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 05, 2004 14:40      Profile for DoctorWho     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree, compressing .mpg to .zip for about one megabyte of savings is crazy, but I didn't put it up there, I just found it. Sorry I wasn't more descriptive Dman, I realize it is wise to be cautious, but you do have to admit it was worth the download.

For those of you who haven't downloaded it yet. It is a video of a man in an orange jumpsuit with bicycle horns, that play different notes, attached in strategic places. He plays quite a few classic songs, and the video lasts for about 4 minutes. Well worth the download for the laugh.

--------------------
Laughter is like changing a baby's diapers. It doesn't solve anything but it sure improves the situation. Leo F. Buscaglia

Posts: 1694 | From: The TARDIS | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
dunjamon
Mini Geek
Member # 2701

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 06, 2004 02:44      Profile for dunjamon   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If music teachers were like him then more children would enjoy classical music.

--------------------
Computers may be twice as fast as they were in 1973 but your average voter is as drunk and stupid as ever.

Posts: 77 | From: Manchester England | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
drunkennewfiemidget
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 06, 2004 06:08      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
<ignorantsmartassedremark>
it would also help if classical music didn't suck.
</ignorantsmartassedremark>

I'm only kidding, of course.

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture