homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » Other Geeky Stuff   » Ask a Geek!   » Tomorrow morning

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Tomorrow morning
TheMoMan
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 21, 2011 09:37      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We may need a roll call to see whom did not get raptured.

--------------------
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Benjamin Franklin,

Posts: 5835 | From: Just South of the Huron National Forest, in the water shed of the Rifle River | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
Ashitaka

SuperFan!
Member # 4924

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 21, 2011 11:02      Profile for Ashitaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
what; no link to a crazy person

--------------------
"If they're not gonna make a distinction between Muslims and violent extremists, then why should I take the time to distinguish between decent, fearful white people and racists?"

-Assif Mandvi

Posts: 3089 | From: Switzerland | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
GrumpySteen

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 170

Icon 1 posted October 21, 2011 13:54      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ask and ye shell receive

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

Posts: 6364 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
TheMoMan
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 21, 2011 14:07      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well one local talk radio host declared that Gaddafi, had cut in line ahead of the raptured.

--------------------
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Benjamin Franklin,

Posts: 5835 | From: Just South of the Huron National Forest, in the water shed of the Rifle River | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
TheMoMan
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 21, 2011 14:14      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
TFD, now please advise us on how it is on the other side, you did cross over did you not.

--------------------

Benjamin Franklin,

The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 21, 2011 15:19      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is that today?

So hard to keep track of all the apocalypses¹ these days.

No risk of anyone in Casa Del Druid being among the chosen few.

My theory is that the crazy guy was right the first time, and both of the Good Christians were taken up long ago.

¹ - what is the correct plural of 'apocalypse'?

Posts: 10668 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
HalfVast

Member # 3187

Icon 1 posted October 21, 2011 16:04      Profile for HalfVast     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't care what the proper plural is, I want it
to be 'apocalli'. When you have a situation where
several different apocalli are predicted at once
the condition would be known as 'apocalypsis'.

Posts: 795 | From: In the mitten around the abductor pollicis brevis. | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged
GrumpySteen

Member # 170

Icon 1 posted October 21, 2011 16:05      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
'apocalypse' follows the same pluralization rules as bullshit and propaganda.

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 21, 2011 18:33      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TheMoMan:
Well one local talk radio host declared that Gaddafi, had cut in line ahead of the raptured.

Haha...nice one!

Tomorrow I intend to sleep in, heathen that I am, so come what may.

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9331 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Xanthine

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 21, 2011 19:25      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tomorrow, I sign a lease. The Rapture can hold off for that, right?

--------------------
And it's one, two, three / On the wrong side of the lee / What were you meant for? / What were you meant for?
- The Decemberists

Posts: 7670 | From: the lab | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
TheMoMan
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 21, 2011 20:08      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well if you get up tomorrow I would guess that you are not among the chosen. I pretty much figure I will have to do chores in the morning.

--------------------

Benjamin Franklin,

TheMoMan
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 22, 2011 06:16      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
TheMoMan? Here.

Sat. Oct 22, 6:13 AM. Well it looks like I got left behind or it did not happen. The cat wants me to let her out.

Next?

--------------------

Benjamin Franklin,

CommanderShroom
Member # 2097

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 22, 2011 10:09      Profile for CommanderShroom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Xanthine:
Tomorrow, I sign a lease. The Rapture can hold off for that, right?

And here I was hoping that the Rapture would help me get out of my lease.

Yet I am still here. Guess God is a Republican after all.

Posts: 2463 | From: Utarrrrggggghhh!!!!!!!! | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
Xanthine

Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 22, 2011 14:20      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm still here. So were my new landlords. So the lease is signed and I'm moving i na couple weeks.

A couple weeks ago, my previous landlord decided to put his place on the market. He gave kreziserb and I until March 2012 to find a place. Since we're off the usual cycle in Boulder (August to August) we decided to start looking right away and...yeah. That happened so fast my head is still spinning. Our previous/current/whatever landlord is a bit stunned as well (we weren't on a lease from him as we knew him and he knew us). Not offended, just surprised at how easy it was. So, to all who have tenants, take note: they CAN just find somewhere else to go.

--------------------
And it's one, two, three / On the wrong side of the lee / What were you meant for? / What were you meant for?
- The Decemberists

GrumpySteen

Member # 170

Icon 1 posted October 22, 2011 18:25      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Xanthine wrote:
we decided to start looking right away and...yeah. That happened so fast my head is still spinning. Our previous/current/whatever landlord is a bit stunned as well

I don't know why you're so surprised. With all the good people being raptured, there's bound to be lots of vacancies.

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

Xanthine

Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 22, 2011 22:23      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We started looking before the Rapture. And, anyway, I doubt the Rapture would come to Boulder. We have lots of churches, but none of them big mega-churches.

--------------------
- The Decemberists

fs

Member # 1181

Icon 1 posted October 27, 2011 18:21      Profile for fs   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by HalfVast:
I don't care what the proper plural is, I want it
to be 'apocalli'. When you have a situation where
several different apocalli are predicted at once
the condition would be known as 'apocalypsis'.

IAWTC.

Also, it reminds me of Kraken by China Mieville.

--------------------
I'm in ur database, makin' moar recordz.

Posts: 1973 | From: The Cat Ship | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture