homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » Other Geeky Stuff   » Ask a Geek!   » iPad Flash converter

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: iPad Flash converter

Member # 4924

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 05, 2010 04:46      Profile for Ashitaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know the iPad does not and will not run flash, But i am really thinking about buying ojne but 50% of my internet surfing is flash video watching. Now many claim that site like vimeo and youtube now have HTML5 pages, but I am looking for an app that does flash to HTML5 or something watchable. I cannot seem to find it, But I swear i heard about this in some news report. wasit just wichfull thinking. is there a way to watch convert flash videos and watch them with relative ease ( I saw a suggestion of downloading and converting the files to quicktime on anouther computer then tranfering them.

any suggestions ( that do not include buying some otehr tablet.

"If they're not gonna make a distinction between Muslims and violent extremists, then why should I take the time to distinguish between decent, fearful white people and racists?"

-Assif Mandvi

Posts: 3093 | From: Switzerland | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2097

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 05, 2010 08:32      Profile for CommanderShroom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I haven't heard of this, so there may be someone attempted to create a Flash player, but I seriously doubt that there is one currently out. And even if it is successfully created, I figure that it will be a cold day in hell before Apple will let it through their "quality assurance" teams for iTunes.

Then again, I really don't keep much of an eye on Cupertino. The only reason I ever bother is when work sends another gadget of their's to use as part of the testing rig.

Does he know our big secret?
Has one of us confessed?
'Bout the wires circuits and motors
Buried in our chest

Posts: 2465 | From: Utarrrrggggghhh!!!!!!!! | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged

Member # 3446

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 05, 2010 09:22      Profile for maximile   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can't find any app on the store that does that, and I should think that if there were one it would be very slow.

Your only option is probably to convert them on the computer and transfer them with iTunes.

Posts: 1085 | From: London, UK (Powys, UK in hols) | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Ugh, MightyClub
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 3112

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 05, 2010 17:53      Profile for Ugh, MightyClub     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Skyfire: http://www.engadget.com/2010/04/29/skyfire-2-0-now-ready-to-set-android-ablaze/

Not available for iPhone at this time. I thought I saw something else a day or two ago about an iPhone version being submitted to Apple, but I can't find it now.

Posts: 1742 | From: Ithaca, NY | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture