homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » Other Geeky Stuff   » Ask a Geek!   » What blogs do you have bookmarked?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What blogs do you have bookmarked?
CommanderShroom
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2097

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 08, 2010 20:21      Profile for CommanderShroom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It took me a long time to really get on the blog bandwagon. But now I am quite hooked. I have more blogs in my bookmarks than anything else.

So let's see what everyone comes up with here.

Here are a couple of my favorites. But I am going to avoid the obvious ones like Postsecret and failblog etc. So let me be a bit more specific here. What blogs do you enjoy that are not household names yet?

notcot.org

and

The Selvedge Yard

are two that I make sure to check out regularly.

--------------------
Does he know our big secret?
Has one of us confessed?
'Bout the wires circuits and motors
Buried in our chest

Posts: 2465 | From: Utarrrrggggghhh!!!!!!!! | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 08, 2010 20:49      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Apart from the fact that I gave up on bookmarks a long time ago, and absolutely love the AwesomeBar...I dug this out of Google Reader as something that may not be /as well known/ these days:

http://thereifixedit.com/

That puts a smile on my face on a routine basis. [Big Grin]

(Pretty much everything else in my Google Reader is about code, security, or technology, and common enough.)

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9332 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
CommanderShroom
Member # 2097

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 08, 2010 23:06      Profile for CommanderShroom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here's another that gives me a good chuckle.

Clients from Hell.

Posts: 2465 | From: Utarrrrggggghhh!!!!!!!! | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
Ashitaka

SuperFan!
Member # 4924

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 09, 2010 02:03      Profile for Ashitaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
wesley chrusher's, but it has gone downhill so I was post the link here ( plus i'm lazy)

will wheaton net exile .com.net something

--------------------
"If they're not gonna make a distinction between Muslims and violent extremists, then why should I take the time to distinguish between decent, fearful white people and racists?"

-Assif Mandvi

Posts: 3089 | From: Switzerland | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
HalfVast

Member # 3187

Icon 1 posted January 11, 2010 01:26      Profile for HalfVast     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmmm... This made me look at the blogs I read with
a critical eye. Turns out they are all photography
blogs. Seems I've become way too one dimensional
in my interests. Time to develop some new ones I
guess.

Posts: 795 | From: In the mitten around the abductor pollicis brevis. | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged
CommanderShroom
Member # 2097

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 11, 2010 07:50      Profile for CommanderShroom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Might as well post up your favorite of them HalfVast.

Part of my thought is that there may be someone here that takes a look at something one of us posts and finds a new favorite. Or perhaps finds a new interest. Something like that.

One of the main reasons I have not really posted here is that I have been engrossed in mechanical stuff, so when I do post something in that vein it gets ignored. But i do know there is one or two car buffs here so let me add this one.

Just a car guy.

If you are into cars, this is a great site.

And if you like motorcycles here is a good one.

Belinfante Indian Motorcycles.

I have also been reading through some luthier stuff but no blogs of note there.

So this is not an exercise in how geeky you are. This is an interests sharing post. So link away.

Bibo
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 1959

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 11, 2010 10:34      Profile for Bibo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Terry White's Tech Blog
http://terrywhite.com/techblog/

Veganize it... Don't Criticize it!
http://jennshaggy.blogspot.com/

to name a few

Posts: 1641 | From: Grand Rapids, MI | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture