homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » Other Geeky Stuff   » Ask a Geek!   » Programs I am looking for

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Programs I am looking for
Nick
Mini Geek
Member # 2413

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 16, 2009 09:32      Profile for Nick   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am running 10.3 and I am looking into one making my own fonts. that is what my job is having me currently do. Another one is a was to record a video of me using programs like Photo shop to color or draw or what not. I may be asked to do that for a group I am part of.

I would like free but if it's a good program and not to expensive I could maybe use it

--------------------
~Blade

Posts: 89 | From: Texas | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 16, 2009 12:33      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.YourFonts.com

"YourFonts.com is an online font generator that allows you to create your own OpenType fonts within a couple of minutes. Go make your own handwriting as a font."

maybe you could use this service to make other ones too?

edit: oh, it doesn't look to be free... oh well

Posts: 8100 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Richard Wolf VI
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 4993

Icon 10 posted September 16, 2009 13:35      Profile for Richard Wolf VI   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know FontForge, it won't win any beauty contest, but does its job: http://fontforge.sourceforge.net/

Instructions for OSX: http://fontforge.sourceforge.net/mac-install.html

Posts: 1356 | From: Bogotá, Colombia | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
Nick
Mini Geek
Member # 2413

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 16, 2009 14:58      Profile for Nick   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Now what about savuing video of me working on my comp?

--------------------
~Blade

Richard Wolf VI
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 4993

Icon 10 posted September 16, 2009 16:07      Profile for Richard Wolf VI   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.chimoosoft.com/products/captureme/
Nothing Google can't find [Razz]

--------------------
The same old iWanToUseaMac... Who am I fooling? I'm getting a Wii now, iWanToUseaMac isn't :P
Get Opera. The best web experience.
Contest. Group. Success.

Nick
Mini Geek
Member # 2413

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 11, 2009 10:18      Profile for Nick   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cant use it! it needs 10.4 and I have 10.3.9

--------------------
~Blade

Richard Wolf VI
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 4993

Icon 10 posted October 11, 2009 11:09      Profile for Richard Wolf VI   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No idea then, almost all current OS X software works only on Tiger and up.

--------------------
The same old iWanToUseaMac... Who am I fooling? I'm getting a Wii now, iWanToUseaMac isn't :P
Get Opera. The best web experience.
Contest. Group. Success.

Serenak

Member # 2950

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 11, 2009 14:26      Profile for Serenak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nick

I can't point you to an actual product but if you have never used it look at www.pure-mac.com it isn't a listing of every mac app ever (but they do a bloody good job trying) just search and see if you can find something there (they cover classic and X apps, freeware, shareware and full on "top of the shop" paywares and list likely costs etc too...

EDIT: Checked it out and they listed 2 Apps that looked possible (Copernicus 1.5.2 and Snapz Pro X 2.1.5) and only required 10.3.x but now their home pages either show newer versions or say requiring 10.4... Maybe you can find an older copy or contact the developer for an older one. Best i can do to help mate.

--------------------
"So if you want my address - it's No. 1 at the end of the bar, where I sit with the broken angels, clutching at straws and nursing my scars..."

Posts: 1936 | From: Suffolk England | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture